AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-07, 18:41   Link #41
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
And was the chupacabra stuff in the manga?
Nope, completely new. First it appeart it the first episode.. then the OVA, and now its taken control. :3
Well I'm not too upset by it. In the real world, the whole chupacabra thing is so stupid that it's actually funny. That humor translates well into Negima!?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-07, 21:15   Link #42
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The kiss between Nodoka and Negi was so cute!

It seems Nonoka was a bit jealous when she heard that Asuna already made a contract with Negi.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-11-08, 01:25   Link #43
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

The Kiss wasnt just cute, it was really passionate.

As far as rating this series is considered, I still dont know whether I like it or dont. I m watchin it because I really liked the old version. I still dont get hang of the story, so i ll reserve my voting till then
Old 2006-11-08, 01:51   Link #44
kagato3

Quote:
Nope, completely new. First it appeared it the first episode.. then the OVA, and now its taken control. :3
Not quite correct. It was a very short lived joke in ch 16. Misa( long haired cheerleader) is talking about a rumor about vampire atacks on campus. Konoka and Sakurako (pigtailed cheerleader) both imagine that the reson maki is late is she was atacked by the chupacabra (looking much more like a bugeyed monster). Konoka then draws it on the board and is seen scareing the twins and Nodoka with the drawing in the background.
Old 2006-11-08, 01:57   Link #45
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
I was rather surprised by just how into it they were. It wasn't passionate in a "OMG I want you desperately" way. It was passionate in a "The whole world disappeared except for you" way. It was one of the most moving and hearfelt kisses I've ever seen in anime.

It isn't hard to do hot kisses or innocent kisses, but that kind of heartstopping kiss is really rare and hard to convey. That's what made it so moving.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-08, 01:57   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:

As far as rating this series is considered, I still dont know whether I like it or dont. I m watchin it because I really liked the old version. I still dont get hang of the story, so i ll reserve my voting till then
kinda what i think atm...so far the sorty has be kinda bleh and random...but so good laughs...still atm the original appeales to me more...
but the new nodoka is great! shes got some guys and the kiss was orgasmic for her haha!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-08, 02:50   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I was rather surprised by just how into it they were. It wasn't passionate in a "OMG I want you desperately" way. It was passionate in a "The whole world disappeared except for you" way. It was one of the most moving and hearfelt kisses I've ever seen in anime.

It isn't hard to do hot kisses or innocent kisses, but that kind of heartstopping kiss is really rare and hard to convey. That's what made it so moving.
THATS what struck me as unusual about the kiss (sudden revelation). It was so unusual for an anime kiss --- more like a first rate movie kiss of true love.

Right... best kiss in all anime
Old 2006-11-08, 03:32   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Considering how much she loves Negi, it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Not quite correct. It was a very short lived joke in ch 16. Misa( long haired cheerleader) is talking about a rumor about vampire atacks on campus. Konoka and Sakurako (pigtailed cheerleader) both imagine that the reson maki is late is she was atacked by the chupacabra (looking much more like a bugeyed monster).
Yeah, i remembered that - but when thinking about how much its gone out of control for the new series, i'd say its new material.
Old 2006-11-08, 03:57   Link #49
kagato3

Quote:
Yeah, i remembered that - but when thinking about how much its gone out of control for the new series, i'd say its new material.
True they have realy run with it. The bit i find funny about it is Asuna was the one yelling that ther was no way that it could exist.
Old 2006-11-08, 07:09   Link #50
Shredder

Ep was such a drag. Once I start resorting to 4x speed I know the ep or series is in trouble. Boring series so far. I liked the animation and voice acting of the original. This ep seemed pretty pointless, very little substance. Nodoka's annoying. Only reason to watch this series is Asuna. I hope the series picks up. At this rate Negi's going to kiss everyone and have mono by ep 10.
Old 2006-11-08, 09:55   Link #51
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Haha mono. So I watched the 4 subbed eps, and having never read the manga or previous anime, I have quite an objective outlook.

From what I understand, there really hasn't been much of a plot development, so the randomness comes off well. This is probably contrary to the manga. It just seems that the plot isn't the big thing atm, the characters are, and Negima?! is making it fun and games for the viewer. I don't feel this is detractory, but if there is supposed to be a complex plot, then it does seems like wasted time.

Its fun though! I thought the chupacabra squad is cute, of course its lead by Asuna

Quote:
It seems Nonoka was a bit jealous when she heard that Asuna already made a contract with Negi.
In a way, she didn't seem jealous, but left out. Nodoka's character doesn't seem like she'd get jealous easily (if I eat my words later thats fine )
Old 2006-11-08, 13:15   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Ep was such a drag. Once I start resorting to 4x speed I know the ep or series is in trouble. Boring series so far. I liked the animation and voice acting of the original. This ep seemed pretty pointless, very little substance. Nodoka's annoying. Only reason to watch this series is Asuna. I hope the series picks up. At this rate Negi's going to kiss everyone and have mono by ep 10.
1) They fired the animation team after ep 11 in the first season, the animation was so bad, at Akumatsu's insistence. The first season story also went mostly south - much to the author's dismay and they were scrambling for a climax since they'd completely screwed their time budget for a Kyoto arc climax. Frankly, other than Sayo's story in ep 19 and a few minutes here or there, most manga fans seem to have been deeply annoyed. I understand the english dub for the Funimation release is pretty entertaining though I've not heard it.

2) The voice actors *are the same* for almost all the characters in both seasons except for a couple of minor characters so that really isn't a valid differentiation.

otoh, the level of absurd random humor in this version is approaching PPD levels, which is both funny but disappointing because it is interfering with character definition -- the series just seems to assume people already know what makes each character tick and the backstories behind subtle references. The "!?" seems to be the most important part of the title of this series "Negima!?".

And it appears they're going for a "Pokemon'ish" gotta kiss all the girls and catch 'em one per episode ... which really diminishes the importance of each one.

Otherwise, I like both Asuna (great voice acting) and Nodoka (wins Best Kiss award) ... but if Nodoka is annoying to you here, you must not be able to stand her at all in the manga.
Old 2006-11-08, 13:18   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And it appears they're going for a "Pokemon'ish" gotta kiss all the girls and catch 'em one per episode ... which really diminishes the importance of each one.
I seriously can't see that happening in every episode.. maybe now & then once a new arc starts. We've still no idea if they plan to do anything related to the Kyoto story - if they do, then we'll know when the Setsuna & Konoka stuff would start.
Old 2006-11-08, 13:50   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm really hoping that *doesn't* happen ... in lesser hands than Shinbo though I'd have already given up.

(crosses fingers for some time devoted to the Setsuna + Konoka sidestory)
Old 2006-11-08, 14:23   Link #55
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
WAIT! That means Nodoka will also get 2 more books? I wonder I there is a possibility of her getting a black book that some random shinigami dropped by accident
I was waiting for someone to compare the Diarium Ejus to the Death Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I highly doubt that will happen. More likely, SHAFT is going to get the Pactios of the four main girls out of the way, and then do a few episodes that focus on some of the other girls (without any Pactios being made) before they have Negi make some more Pactios (be it ones that actually do appear happen in the manga or ones that are anime only).
Old 2006-11-08, 21:24   Link #56
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Some random thoughts on Negima?!, after watching Ep04.

..) I've not read the manga, but I did flee from the original anime series due to the incredible animation inconsistencies which completely destroyed my sense of immersion. That said, while I am satisfied by the consistency this time, some of the scene transitions seem awkward and abrupt, which I do not like.

..) I like PPD, but I detest Moonphase.

..) I heart the 'plushies'. "In a good way."

..) Liking the antics of Nodoka, Asuna and Negima. Staying on mainly because of them.

..) I think... they picked the wrong choice for a narrator this time( or written his script wrongly)... I do not find his lines amusing. Way too out of place. Thankfully, this is not the worst narrator job( *cough*The*cough*Third*cough*) I have had the displeasure of hearing...

Cheers.
Old 2006-11-08, 23:28   Link #57
myopius

Skane, I totally agree on the narrator bit. It's just very goofy in a way that's off from the actual quirky humor of the series itself.

But yeah, anyway. Episode 4 was nice.

Somebody said Nodoka was annoying but I didn't think so. She does as usual act shyly about her affection for Negi, but never did it frustrate me. That she immediately responded that Negi was "cool" as a mage was very forward, instead of acting embarrassed at having seen him or anything. Then she took the initiative to stay with him as he went after the "chupacabra". And she suggested the provisional contract herself, and completed the kiss in a fairly straightforward fashion. To me, it would have been annoying if she had blushed and made a big deal of acting embarrassed over tiny interactions between her and Negi, and especially if her behavior had slowed down the course of events, but never did she/it do that. In fact, it's so amazing that I feel like they shouldn't be able to keep it up in later episodes, honestly, though I'll have to wait and see (and I do hope they can).

For once I liked the ending bit. Less baka rangers is good, IMO. (Again, that's IMO.)

Unfortunately I didn't really follow the last 2 minutes of the episode, I lost track of the fine details the second Eva stepped into the fray. Probably because for a while I was confused about whether the darkness which possessed Eva was controlling her mentally or just changing her, which would determine whether or not he was talking to the darkness or to Eva herself when Negi made his accusation of theft.

The "plushies" (is that what they're really called?) do rock. They serve to perfectly bring out Negi's nervous antics, and it definitely amuses me to see Negi freaked out.
Old 2006-11-08, 23:44   Link #58
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Somebody said Nodoka was annoying but I didn't think so. She does as usual act shyly about her affection for Negi, but never did it frustrate me.
This is actually my favorite part about Nodoka. Generally the shy girl is quite frustrating to me, but I've always been fond of Nodoka because she's shy, but not ridiculously so. In the original manga she's actual a little on the aggressive side - not possessive, and not extremely aggressive (she's still obviously the shy girl), but she can manage to communicate her feelings usually and has little problem imagining herself in romantic situations with the object of her affections (where usually the shy girl is the leader in the "I just want you to be happy" sweepstakes).
Old 2006-11-10, 22:53   Link #59
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Am I the only one wondering about Takahata right now? He looks villainous to me. Some of the angles he's portrayed from make him look rather sinister... And that ring just rubs me the wrong way... But would they really make Takahata evil? Oo;
Old 2006-11-11, 12:29   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

We have a next major arc introduced.
Spoiler:

This was highly hilarious due to the Chupacabra mania spoofed throughout, and in an original fashion to me get to introduce those two plushies.

And have more focus shift toward Nodoka, which is my most favorite among the classroom girls.

PS. There was no baka ranger segment. Instead, more Chupacabra KenKyuuKai.
Closed Thread