AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-11, 08:45   Link #1
SMT
*Artist

SOMA (From the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent)

Hey guys!

After the current ARG, now the first gameplay trailer has been finally released.

Spoiler for Gameplay Trailer: SOMA:

As a big fan of Amnesia The Dark Descent I can't wait for this. Trailer looks absolutely stunning.

The release date being 2015 is a big downer tho.

From the website:
Quote:

SOMA is a sci-fi horror game from Frictional Games, creators of the groundbreaking Amnesia and Penumbra series.

Coming to PC and PS4 in 2015.

"The radio has gone silent on PATHOS-2. As isolation bears down on the staff of the remote research facility, strange things are happening.

Machines are taking on human traits and alien constructions have started to interfere with routine. The world around them is turning into a nightmare.

The only way out is to do something unimaginable."
http://www.somagame.com/

Last edited by SMT; 2013-10-11 at 09:00.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 15:51   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say that's one heck of a solid gameplay trailer.

Certainly up with what they've already done in the past. These guys know what kind of game they are good at and are really just making some quality and unsettling experiences.
Old 2013-10-11, 20:23   Link #3
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm truly impressed with this trailer despite it being a teaser. I just finished Outlast and I'm all on board for a new Survivor Horror game. The whole technology and alien premise looks gritty and even had my heart racing at times, and that's good since I've played Amnesia and enjoyed and I hope this won't fail in its presentation.

I'll definitely be following this one. Evil Within, Outlast, Slender, so many great horror games so little time.
Old 2013-10-12, 07:21   Link #4
SMT
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I'll definitely be following this one. Evil Within, Outlast, Slender, so many great horror games so little time.
You should check out Routine as well, it's a new horror game series developed by a small indie studio (4 people).

One of the reasons SOMA is to be released in 2015 might be because they fear competition with Routine in 2014, as that game seems to be a pretty tough competitor.
Well competition is good for business.

You can check out the gameplay trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAcAd1fUiy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly up with what they've already done in the past. These guys know what kind of game they are good at and are really just making some quality and unsettling experiences.

Yeah, I'm guessing they are going for a metaphysical theme this time, which is pretty cool and leaves a very broad sheet of possibilities open.
They said on their blog, that even though the release date seems to be far off into distance, they will keep us interested with stuff over the next year.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote