AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-21, 13:53   Link #4341
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
I wonder if Ritz is making sure that, this time, the "side-cast" will be fleshed out pretty well? I feel like I've gotten to know Shino's background/character even better than some of the main characters.
That's because you have. We know more about Shino after three chapters than Saki after more than 100. Even taking the difference in pages per chapter into account, the difference is still massive.

I sure hope its intentional from Ritz's part.

Quote:
Spoiler for Kanna:
She'll be warming up to Shino real soon, though At least I hope so.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 14:18   Link #4342
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
The leak now comes out 3-4 day before than the release date??? Cool!

I see........look like we will get Shino1, Shino2, Shino3 >>> Kanna1, Kanna2, Kanna3 then Hayari1, Hayari2, Hayari 3 ........based on chapter name. I guess that's why Ritz said they will still in elementary school at vol.4.

I hope I will be wrong about this.........
I don't. I want Ritz to spend lots of time on these characters so that we can love them just as much as the main mangas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
That's because you have. We know more about Shino after three chapters than Saki after more than 100. Even taking the difference in pages per chapter into account, the difference is still massive.

I sure hope its intentional from Ritz's part.
I think it is. Saki and Hisa's past are the biggest mysteries right now. Saki's past revealed should be fun to see. It was already a holy crap moment when we just saw a glimpse of what it was.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 15:19   Link #4343
Sukhoi
RWV

Oh God... That Shinohayu leaks.
Why is Kanna and Shino so perfect for each other?

Spoiler for Shino Kanna:
Sukhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 23:07   Link #4344
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
I wonder if Ritz is making sure that, this time, the "side-cast" will be fleshed out pretty well? I feel like I've gotten to know Shino's background/character even better than some of the main characters.

Woohoo!
It seems the author learned from the shortcoming of Achiga and decided to go into characterization right off the bat. For better or worse, it could be that Shinohayu isn't getting adapted into anime anytime soon so Ritz had plenty more time to develop characters. She seems to mention wanting to give proper backstories to every known team, but not enough time, again it could be due to having to keep up with the anime.

Actually, the anime production commitee is quite ambitious in getting ahead of the minga this time if it really turn out to be a 2-cour. If they get too far ahead and cover the whole side B semi, wouldn't it affect the sales of the manga? I don't remember original Saki anime being this far ahead, even though I haven't start reading the manga back then.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 00:33   Link #4345
Marina2

I don't mind if Ritz put a lot of characterization in Shinohayu but the truth is I want to see them in the high school in the story.

I mean, if they are going to stay as elementary school kids for 3-4 volumes (That's very long for monthly manga!), why would Ritz use the grown-up version of them in promotional image in the first place?

Well, ok, I will just open up my pedobear mode
Old 2013-12-22, 08:45   Link #4346
Peanutbutter

A new Saki-Zenkoku-hen trailer (Here, rather than the thread because of possible spoilers)

Spoiler for video link:

Spoiler for comments:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 10:09   Link #4347
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
Oh God... That Shinohayu leaks.
Why is Kanna and Shino so perfect for each other?

Spoiler for Shino Kanna:
Spoiler for Reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
A new Saki-Zenkoku-hen trailer (Here, rather than the thread because of possible spoilers)

Spoiler for video link:

Spoiler for comments:
Oh boy! Did someone say...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-12-22, 12:01   Link #4348
teja208
Critical fanboy

The part where "I'm going to meet my oneechan and defeat anyone who gets in my way," looks rather tame.

I expect at least some good old lightening eye instead of just a small flickering flame. That's one of the trademarks that make Saki anime stands out which I find lacking in Achiga.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 12:08   Link #4349
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
The part where "I'm going to meet my oneechan and defeat anyone who gets in my way," looks rather tame.

I expect at least some good old lightening eye instead of just a small flickering flame. That's one of the trademarks that make Saki anime stands out which I find lacking in Achiga.
Funny you say that, as Saki looked and felt the most threatening during her first brief appearance in Achiga.

Also, I forgot to mention that as some sort of countdown, the anime staff is putting out sketches for one character each day, and today's is quite a sight.

Spoiler for Someone is going to die...:
Old 2013-12-22, 12:58   Link #4350
raincrow

Quote:

Spoiler for comments:
Spoiler for Training camp:
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 14:50   Link #4351
King-Slayer

Quote:

Spoiler for video link:

Spoiler for comments:
super excited for this. The training camp was pretty cool in the manga.

Quote:
Spoiler for Training camp:
The manga had a training camp before and after the prefecturals. The last training camp in the anime was non canon. Plus the manga's version was way better.
Old 2013-12-22, 18:19   Link #4352
AP24

The anime's first season had more contents shown than what was shown in the manga. So maybe the training camp at the end of the first season was the same as in the manga but in the anime they only showed just the very beginning of the training camp with extra scenes.

The first season ended with them about to play mahjong during the training camp so maybe the new season will start right after that scene.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 20:26   Link #4353
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The first season ended with them about to play mahjong during the training camp so maybe the new season will start right after that scene.
Wrong, the first season ends with them already at the Nationals. Specifically the lottery for placement in the match bracket.
Old 2013-12-22, 22:32   Link #4354
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Wrong, the first season ends with them already at the Nationals. Specifically the lottery for placement in the match bracket.
Oh right. Still I think the new season will start by going back to the training camp at the end of the first season since they didn't show all the matches played during the camp.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 23:16   Link #4355
The Green One

Any scenes from that will probably just be flashbacks. You know how Ritz LOVES her flashbacks.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 10:06   Link #4356
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

I only have to question , Will we finally see " cold Touka " playing style in the anime ( still possible as they always add some mahjong in the anime )
And Will we see Maho making a Rinshan ( I just want to see that animate
Old 2013-12-23, 14:37   Link #4357
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
I only have to question , Will we finally see " cold Touka " playing style in the anime ( still possible as they always add some mahjong in the anime )
We'll most likely see Maho's abilities if they're doing the full training camp. As for Touka i'm less optimistic because we didn't see it in the manga but it would be a nice extra for the anime to throw in. I also want to see the Hisa vs Koromo vs Yumi vs Mihoko match that wasn't shown.
Old 2013-12-24, 01:29   Link #4358
Peanutbutter

I think Cold Touka is in. There's two parts in that PV that shows her, I think.

EDIT: As to her ability, I think it's simply just overpowered control of the flow.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 12:18   Link #4359
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Buchou wishes you all a merry christmas

Spoiler for Spoiler:

On other news, how the hell does Yoshiko survive each night?

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-12-24, 13:16   Link #4360
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
This. I am also looking forward to "cold Touka".

It will be interesting to see how they show Maho shaking up Saki.... But I am most waiting for Saki to go into god-mode when she causes an earthquake. ^^

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri