AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-28, 22:24   Link #21
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by starCHILDE View Post
I've been rewatching Zwei 4 and I think every person in Anaam has those 3 dots because the other Anaam Otomes that appear in the OVA have them too. Sunrise should release something to answer all these questions, maybe an "Otomepedia".
Erstin and her family were from Annam, and she didn't have those dots though. And after looking again, the other Annam Otome with Ahn might only have two dots (the "third" being part of her eyebrow) but the picture's not really a good enough quality to tell.
Old 2007-08-29, 15:28   Link #22
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebot View Post
Well, if there's enough interest, we could start one up on Wikia. What do you guys think?
I'd be willing to contribute (I already do a lot on the main Wiki) and I already have a bunch of character artwork on my harddrive, so I'd be happy to help out. In fact, it might be a good idea to start a thread here to gather ideas.

Last edited by AthenAltena; 2007-08-29 at 15:57.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:14   Link #23
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaiko View Post
Erstin and her family were from Annam, and she didn't have those dots though. And after looking again, the other Annam Otome with Ahn might only have two dots (the "third" being part of her eyebrow) but the picture's not really a good enough quality to tell.
The Otome has 3 dots. Maybe Erstin's family isn't originally from Annam or maybe the people of Annam get the dots at a certain age.
Old 2007-08-29, 22:29   Link #24
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
The Otome has 3 dots. Maybe Erstin's family isn't originally from Annam or maybe the people of Annam get the dots at a certain age.
This doesn't prove or disprove anything, but there is a scan of a young Ahn Lu with the forehead mark. It could be the case that the king is of a different ethnic group than Erstin's family, who maybe are the equivalent of the Burghers in Sri Lanka (just going by physical appearance) or be a religious thing like the Hindu tilak.
Old 2007-08-29, 22:49   Link #25
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
This doesn't prove or disprove anything, but there is a scan of a young Ahn Lu with the forehead mark. It could be the case that the king is of a different ethnic group than Erstin's family, who maybe are the equivalent of the Burghers in Sri Lanka (just going by physical appearance) or be a religious thing like the Hindu tilak.
Nguyen Bao and Ahn are the equivalent of Vietnamese, because both of their names are of Vietnamese origin and as I said earlier. Annam was an old name for Vietnam.
Old 2007-08-29, 22:53   Link #26
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Nguyen Bao and Ahn are the equivalent of Vietnamese, because both of their names are of Vietnamese origin and as I said earlier. Annam was an old name for Vietnam.
I knew that, I was just using a real world example to back up a point. I actually knew a Nguyen when I was in high school who was from Vietnam.

It also occurred to me that Florince is probably based on France, since both Huit and Soir are of French origin and the King's name sounds French. That would also explain the coloring on the Otome uniform of that country.
Old 2007-08-29, 23:08   Link #27
Same_Shark

Just found out that "Ho" is also a Vietnamese family name, so there goes my theory.
Old 2007-08-29, 23:38   Link #28
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
I knew that, I was just using a real world example to back up a point. I actually knew a Nguyen when I was in high school who was from Vietnam.

It also occurred to me that Florince is probably based on France, since both Huit and Soir are of French origin and the King's name sounds French. That would also explain the coloring on the Otome uniform of that country.
Don't forget the Arc de Triomphe look-alike seen in the Garderobe video feed.
Old 2007-08-29, 23:43   Link #29
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Lutezia could curiously refer to Italy. Both for the name of the reigns, taken from an old Italian legend The twins, and for the name of the Otome. "Lutezia" was the ancient name of Paris, though.
Old 2007-08-29, 23:46   Link #30
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Yes.

Also, Aries is the United States.

Not sure about what Artai and Cardair represent, though.
Old 2007-08-30, 00:24   Link #31
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Yes.

Also, Aries is the United States.

Not sure about what Artai and Cardair represent, though.
Artai seems to be a China/Russia amalgamation (given the names of characters, Zhang, Wang and Sergay) and the climate. If I had to guess I'd say Cardair is Britain or possibly Germany.
Old 2007-08-30, 00:37   Link #32
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
(given the names of characters, Zhang, Wang and Sergay)
Nina is also a Russian name.
Old 2007-08-30, 00:55   Link #33
disney72
Going Bonklers

hey athenaltena, i clicked the link you posted and i saw a really funny pic of shizuru and haruka when they were corals.. the metal rod nearly broke when it hit haruka's head..
Old 2007-08-30, 16:19   Link #34
Same_Shark

Aries-United States/Germany/France
Annam-Vietnam
Artai-Russia/China
Zipang-Japan
Windbloom-England with a bit of Tokyo
Florince-France
Lutecia Romulus & Remus-Italy
Cardair-Spain?
Mauryan Kingdom-India
Old 2007-08-30, 16:40   Link #35
starCHILDE

Quote:
Cardair-Spain?
Yay! My country has Otomes!! lol

Chaldea was a designation for a part of Babylonia, in modern Iraq, but I don't really see any characteristic there that makes me think of Iraq when I see it. Anyways, there isn't anyone that makes me think of Spain either and since the rest of the world basically sees Spain as flamenco dancers and bullfighting, I guess the Otome would have some kind of flamenco dress as her Robe lol, filled with dots xD
Old 2007-08-30, 17:03   Link #36
Same_Shark

Quote:
Yay! My country has Otomes!! lol

Chaldea was a designation for a part of Babylonia, in modern Iraq, but I don't really see any characteristic there that makes me think of Iraq when I see it. Anyways, there isn't anyone that makes me think of Spain either and since the rest of the world basically sees Spain as flamenco dancers and bullfighting, I guess the Otome would have some kind of flamenco dress as her Robe lol, filled with dots xD
I've always thought of Spain as a place I know I must visit one day. Infact, I never knew Spain was the home of flamenco dancing and bullfighting. I always thought it was somewhere in South America.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:07   Link #37
starCHILDE

Quote:
I've always thought of Spain as a place I know I must visit one day. Infact, I never knew Spain was the home of flamenco dancing and bullfighting. I always thought it was somewhere in South America.
Nope, it's in Europe, below France .
Old 2007-08-30, 17:25   Link #38
Same_Shark

Quote:
Nope, it's in Europe, below France .
Yeah I know, but I thought flamenco and bullfighting was from South America. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:35   Link #39
starCHILDE

Oh no problem . Now getting back to Otome, I still think Sunrise should get fanmail and answer all these questions in S.ifl
Old 2007-08-30, 18:45   Link #40
Same_Shark

I wonder if there is a reason for Mayo wearing the white clothing. It looks nunish. And how much do you wanna bet that her GEM is the Red Jadeite?
Closed Thread