AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 21:56   Link #2161
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTouch View Post
yes, I know 8K from 50-ish meter is lame
This is one of the reasons why I hate Hazama as a Lambda player.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 22:08   Link #2162
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
This is one of the reasons why I hate Hazama as a Lambda player.
well, if it's any comfort at all, I don't foresee anyone pulling off the Hazama 8K combos online due to lag. Unless, you're playing with your next door neighbor. >_>
Old 2011-05-18, 00:28   Link #2163
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I have 2 friends who is also play BB, and guess what? One of them mains Hazama (sub Tager, though), which I enjoys playing against, the other main.....Arakune, and he's really good, so I have a hard time keeping my hair from being pulled out due to frustrating.
Old 2011-05-18, 00:40   Link #2164
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I applaud the players who are patient enough to actually complete challenge mode. Only after the first 3 challenges for each character I'm already fed up with it.

Guess those last two gallery pics are only a pipe dream now.
Old 2011-05-18, 03:05   Link #2165
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

challenge mode for /\ is particularly lame, because you need to hit all 8 c presses to progress. i normally hit 6 or 7 because there's always the chance you'll drop it. Hazama is a shit character. its like the devs were like, "lets make a character sort of like /\, but better than her in every way." the matchup is 7.5x2.5. what's wrong with that...

and yes, Tsubaki is amazing to play.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 05:54   Link #2166
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I applaud the players who are patient enough to actually complete challenge mode. Only after the first 3 challenges for each character I'm already fed up with it. (
Heh I don't think I was able to do any of the characters 3rd challenge for CS... I could never find a comfortable button layout since I'm used to the SF 6 button layout. Thankfully playing MVC3 for about 60 hours got me used to the typical animu fighter layout.. can't believe my previous button config was...

A B
D C

Switched that shit back to

A B C
D

ASAP. And now I just did Hazama's first 5 challenges pretty easily. Gonna try and get to a respectable level before the AE DLC for SSFIV comes out...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 05:59   Link #2167
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
can't believe my previous button config was...

A B
D C
Oh god... [wait, isn't that like MvC2 minus assists?]
That being said, when I first tried SSF4 [I got into fighting games this generation], I was trying to figure out how people kept access to all of the buttons at once, so I kinda understand how you felt.
Old 2011-05-18, 06:05   Link #2168
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Oh god... [wait, isn't that like MvC2 minus assists?]
That being said, when I first tried SSF4 [I got into fighting games this generation], I was trying to figure out how people kept access to all of the buttons at once, so I kinda understand how you felt.
I had a lot of trouble with button layouts for CT, think I probably went with ABC with D on the next line... but by the time CS came out it was back to square 1... I really had to force feed myself MVC3 to get use to the typical animu layout... (for Blazblue CS2 as well as Arcana Heart 3) was also gunning for Top 8 @ my local ranbats for the MVC3s debut.. finished 9th . Anyway I had some teething problems going back to SFIV for a few weeks.. I would like try to EX Air Hurricane kick by pressing MP + HP.... but now I can comfortably play on both layouts.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 21:22   Link #2169
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
challenge mode for /\ is particularly lame, because you need to hit all 8 c presses to progress. i normally hit 6 or 7 because there's always the chance you'll drop it. Hazama is a shit character. its like the devs were like, "lets make a character sort of like /\, but better than her in every way." the matchup is 7.5x2.5. what's wrong with that...

and yes, Tsubaki is amazing to play.
Not trying to blindly defend my new main out of love (or whatever term one may call it) but in the new CS2 patch, Hazama definitely does not qualify as a zoner and is very unlike lambda (he's a more "in your face" kinda character now). I'm also fairly confident that the matchup is nowhere near 7.5-2.5, be it in CS1 or CS2.

I feel Lambda is pretty alright (not perfect by any means, but very much competitive) and she'll dwell in Mid to High B tier (mere speculations of a random internet guy who will never reach the levels of the godlike players). Hazama is insanely strong with meter but I doubt you can autopilot with him like Bang in CS1. Jayoku is single-handedly carrying him into A tier (mid to high) but his Okizeme (imo, only decent one is 214D~A after 3C), CA (IIRC, one of the worst in-game) and sub-50 meter game (especially on defense) is a bit lacking. He'll still not touch S tier, not in CS2 at least (unless the Japanese gods find some game-breaking stuff).
Old 2011-05-18, 21:49   Link #2170
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
challenge mode for /\ is particularly lame, because you need to hit all 8 c presses to progress. i normally hit 6 or 7 because there's always the chance you'll drop it.
Ha no kidding. Took me awhile to get down what was exactly on the "To Do" list on the side. I would always screw up and press one less or forget just in the nick of time that I did all of them. I'd try again and do it differently, then when I actually stated the combo, I'd be too surprised to remember what I was doing. GAH!
Nevertheless, she is my Seconder. Mu is my main.
Old 2011-05-18, 23:03   Link #2171
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTouch View Post
Not trying to blindly defend my new main out of love (or whatever term one may call it) but in the new CS2 patch, Hazama definitely does not qualify as a zoner and is very unlike lambda (he's a more "in your face" kinda character now). I'm also fairly confident that the matchup is nowhere near 7.5-2.5, be it in CS1 or CS2.

I feel Lambda is pretty alright (not perfect by any means, but very much competitive) and she'll dwell in Mid to High B tier (mere speculations of a random internet guy who will never reach the levels of the godlike players). Hazama is insanely strong with meter but I doubt you can autopilot with him like Bang in CS1. Jayoku is single-handedly carrying him into A tier (mid to high) but his Okizeme (imo, only decent one is 214D~A after 3C), CA (IIRC, one of the worst in-game) and sub-50 meter game (especially on defense) is a bit lacking. He'll still not touch S tier, not in CS2 at least (unless the Japanese gods find some game-breaking stuff).
its pretty much accepted that /\ is bottom 3 this time around. Hazama isn't top character, but he's definitely up there. with 50 meter, he's stronger than pretty much the rest of the cast. he's not a zoner, but he can zone better than /\. he's not exactly a rushdown character either, but he does it better than some characters that are supposed to be. they need to slow down his chains (they made them faster) and they need to increase backswing on them.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 15:22   Link #2172
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
its pretty much accepted that /\ is bottom 3 this time around. Hazama isn't top character, but he's definitely up there. with 50 meter, he's stronger than pretty much the rest of the cast. he's not a zoner, but he can zone better than /\. he's not exactly a rushdown character either, but he does it better than some characters that are supposed to be. they need to slow down his chains (they made them faster) and they need to increase backswing on them.
I've heard that Tager, Hakumen, and Bang are in pretty bad positions, and I've also heard Ragna's not as great compared to his CS1 incarnation [although I wouldn't know if that makes him bottom 3 or whatever]. I personally don't think Lambda's in that bad of a bad spot. She did lose a lot of defensive options though.

Well, not that I'd know. I'm terrible at this game.
Old 2011-05-21, 12:04   Link #2173
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan

Totally fits.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 06:02   Link #2174
~Azure~
You will not survive.

Quote:
I applaud the players who are patient enough to actually complete challenge mode. Only after the first 3 challenges for each character I'm already fed up with it.

Guess those last two gallery pics are only a pipe dream now.
I completed the 100 challenge achievement long ago. I have about 64-70% of the challenges done and all of Jin's and Valk's. It was fairly easy, I don't see why it is that hard. Some of them are frustrating but I find many of them to be quite easy.
~Azure~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 08:33   Link #2175
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Hazama apparently can deal out over 9k damage as standard now

Lambda bottom 3? Why? She's no Nu but still better than Bang at least...
Old 2011-05-22, 10:50   Link #2176
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm not really see any combo that went over 9k on the vid above, though.

Btw, what series is your signature from?
Old 2011-05-22, 13:59   Link #2177
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Azure~ View Post
It was fairly easy, I don't see why it is that hard. Some of them are frustrating but I find many of them to be quite easy.
Are you using an arcade stick?

If so, you can't convince me that it's any easier since I never use one.
Old 2011-05-22, 19:03   Link #2178
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
PC games "Dies Irea"

It's also written in the sig.
I couldn't really figure out if it's "Dies Irea" or "Diestirea", since both search results are as vague as possible on google , but thank you.
Old 2011-05-22, 19:18   Link #2179
~Azure~
You will not survive.

Quote:
Are you using an arcade stick?

If so, you can't convince me that it's any easier since I never use one.
No, I use a normal 360 controller. Some of the challenges are ridiculous though, like Litchi's Combo 10.
~Azure~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 20:00   Link #2180
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I never use arcade sticks either. I'd rather continue to excel in the controller than purchase a new input system and learn how to use it from scratch.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360