AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-13, 22:19   Link #4961
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Then why did Hilda die? If the head Miria cut was not her real one, Hilda should still be alive.
Please don't give Yagi any ideas...
Old 2011-07-10, 01:37   Link #4962
Gooral
Banned

Another observation.

Even after all these years (at least 20) both Rubel and Dae travel everywhere by foot. For some reason they don't use horses or carriages. That's another proof of them not aging. Who knows, maybe they're faster than horses (otherwise I wouldn't see a reason to not use them unless we would blame it again on Yagi's laziness or oversight). In case you would like to bring up the cane - don't. We don't know what experiments he performed. If he blew half of his face off I can't imagine what his leg could look like. BTW, it's another indication of their resistance to death. Having half of his face so injured and not be dead is really something. That might have been his experiment to implant himself with youma or sth like that but to survive such operation would also be something. We don't see any Claymores with faces like him and head is always a critical point.

Edit:

I wonder whether Alicia ate guts? And lots of them. We know that Claymores don't eat much but we also know that ABs eat A LOT. The stronger they are the more they eat and Alicia was pretty strong. Isley was wiping out whole villages (with some help of AEs but mainly he was eating them after exhausting fights since they were focused on his smell) and Priscilla had appetite many times stronger. So I wonder if after her fight with Riful, if she survived, would she need guts to restore her strength? And would she eat them or would Beth prevent it? Previously she wouldn't even make a sweat (even when fighting 11 ABs that Isley sent) since she would need to fight AOs for that but here... MiB would have no scruples with providing her guts or even living food.

While I'm at it, would food they eat make them stronger or weaker depending on what it would be? Are there some steroids that would enhance them? We know Duff ate them since he developed boobs, so Priscilla on steroids would get rid of them and started growing hair all over her body .

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-07-23 at 00:43.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:46   Link #4963
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Even after all these years (at least 20) both Rubel and Dae travel everywhere by foot. For some reason they don't use horses or carriages. That's another proof of them not aging. Who knows, maybe they're faster than horses.
Maybe their pet warriors served as transport, among other things.

On a serious note, these MiB are almost certainly some sort of hybrid. Most have some sort of noticeable physical mutation (for lack of a better term.) I doubt their trench coats/cloaks are mere fashion statements.

Since horses are easily spooked, they would make for less than ideal transports (according to most humanoid monster movies, atleast.)
Old 2011-07-10, 11:45   Link #4964
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

In other words, we can agree they certainly aren't human, so the apparent reason for Miria going out on her own because her fellow Ghosts couldn't apparently stomach killing the MiB's, is bologna.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:26   Link #4965
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
In other words, we can agree they certainly aren't human, so the apparent reason for Miria going out on her own because her fellow Ghosts couldn't apparently stomach killing the MiB's, is bologna.
don't you shame the origin of tasty pasta with the MIBS being on level with dat.

We do know horses exist though, the bandits had them. I think by now its time we learned some more on the nature of the MIBs - tis a tad annoying not to know
Old 2011-11-30, 03:13   Link #4966
Gooral
Banned

21 volumes of Claymore have been sold in 7 000 000 copies. So averagely each volume sold at over 333k copies which is better than some Shounen Jump titles. So contrary to what Newhope is saying Claymore sells really well.
Old 2011-11-30, 11:57   Link #4967
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
21 volumes of Claymore have been sold in 7 000 000 copies. So averagely each volume sold at over 333k copies which is better than some Shounen Jump titles. So contrary to what Newhope is saying Claymore sells really well.
Is that Japanese sales only or world wide? If Japan only that's very impressive.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:27   Link #4968
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Is that Japanese sales only or world wide? If Japan only that's very impressive.
Considering just how much the rest of the world apparently loves this series much more then in Japan itself (easy proof is in those Season 2 polls which went through the roof once people outside Japan found out), that would be extremely impressive, because that would mean the overall worldwide sales are much much higher.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:29   Link #4969
Gooral
Banned

It's Japan only but I misinterpreted it. It's the number of copies printed not actually sold. Which doesn't change the fact it's still better than many Shounen Jump titles. I should have known it since official release date of volume 21st is December the 2nd and it's already taken into account. Still, 300k/volume is pretty accurate.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:52   Link #4970
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

If we are too assume they print as many in order to meet demand, then that's still very good -- I highly doubt they print too many since Claymore isn't that large that they can get away with doing something like that (if it were a bigger, more popular series, their would always be someone buying) and too few can't be right since people would be demanding more and they'd be losing even more money then making too many.
Old 2011-12-06, 17:26   Link #4971
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
don't you shame the origin of tasty pasta with the MIBS being on level with dat.
...Bologna is meat (at least in America).