AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 09:37   Link #61
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Wow, so new Gundam series threads go into the "old series" Gundam forum? That's just... odd. Oh well. :-)
Our proud subforum will probably be restored to its former glory closer to the airing date ^^.

What I'm hoping the most for after Destiny is awesome battles. I don't want climactic battles to consist of 75 percent reused animation.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:38   Link #62
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

This is like what the Preventers(Gundam Wing) were... but I'd like to see them in action.

This looks more like a multiple conflict series as it suggests.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:40   Link #63
M L Monster
三尉

The trailer reminds me of Gundam Wing aswell.

and I just noticed how the title "00" looks more like Infinity (or Mebius) to me
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:43   Link #64
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Like the rumored staff list suggests, he's adapting Kouga Yun's designs for this show, like what Takahiro Kimura did with CLAMP's designs for Code Geass.

But Yoshida's a pretty damn good designer and animator. So if its true that's a sure improvement over Seed's Hirai cardboard animation right there.
That's for sure already gotten tired of his rehash character designs. A new character designer for the Gundam series is a big plus.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:44   Link #65
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Eh, given the distinctly female-aiming nature of doroku recently, I will totally not be surprised if this is aimed at getting female fans as well. Even if you say FMP was a strictly shounen show I would beg to differ, it had a HELL of a lot of female fans too I think.
Well, FMA, like Seed, WAS originally written by a female writer/mangaka. So its not surprising that there is stuff in that that would attract female fans. But regardless, Mizushima's style is still more shounen than Fukuda's soap opera inspired stuff (tons of two-person dialogue that are relatively empty, slow as hell story development, etc, though maybe this is more Morosawa's fault).
Old 2007-06-02, 09:45   Link #66
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Our proud subforum will probably be restored to its former glory closer to the airing date ^^.

What I'm hoping the most for after Destiny is awesome battles. I don't want climactic battles to consist of 75 percent reused animation.
Yeah I definitely agree. This is one reason why I'm really excited about Mizushima directing a Gundam series. If FMA and Oh Edo Rocket are any indication (and they should be, being his two most recent works) he's not the type of director that would be remotely satisfied with the kind of battles we've seen in SEED Destiny.

TBS/MBS knows their audience for the 6pm timeslot is slipping, and even Toward the Terra isn't saving it. Hopefully they'll wise up and give Sunrise the budget they need to create something really impressive and restore the timeslot to it's former prestige.

The fact that the Gundam frames we've seen in the teaser so far look slimmer and sleaker is a very good start. I also found the fact that the Buster colored Gundam could shift the V-fin to change to a mono-eye pretty interesting. Hopefully Newtype will provide more answers to what direction this series is going to take.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:49   Link #67
wao
OK.

True true. One thing I'm also concerned about is - how much is Take-P going to have a say in this? $deity forgive if this becomes a political soapbox, especially considerin that the timeline is apparently "A.D." Or at least let it be done well!

EDIT: And yeah, again echoing duckroll - I think Mizushima knows how to use this thing called a budget properly. I'm sure they'll be giving him a great one this time around and it might turn out better than Geass if done properly, but well... too early to say anything yet. (so sue me if I like speculating nonsense, though!)
Old 2007-06-02, 09:52   Link #68
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The fact that the Gundam frames we've seen in the teaser so far look slimmer and sleaker is a very good start. I also found the fact that the Buster colored Gundam could shift the V-fin to change to a mono-eye pretty interesting. Hopefully Newtype will provide more answers to what direction this series is going to take.

Yes, yesyesyes. The next few months leading up to the premiere will be interesting indeed ^^.

Also, second thing I'm hoping for.... bring back the UC beam rifle sound!
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:07   Link #69
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Wow, I just went through the teaser frame-by-frame again and the ship unloading all those missiles is most definitely a Gundam. You can even see the V-fin near the front. Transformables confirmed? Also, the last Gundam looks to have the huge buster cannon attached on its chest instead of just holding it... Argh, I'm catching wao's illness! >_<
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:13   Link #70
wao
OK.

Wha? What illness? (゜д゜;) Oh shi-
I don't look at Gundams very carefully, unless you mean the whole poring-over-pics thing to decide that it looks like Yoshida-forced-to-draw-Kouga-Yun thing or deciding how it looks like Yoshida, well that was thanks to the nice big pic in the first post.

In which case it was clear to me it was Yoshida lines at least for the first guy because of the way the hair and eyes were drawn as well as the quality of the line. The colours are kind of boring though, I preferred the colours in Loveless. But again, too fast to judge based on a scanty few pics... after this it'll be a media frenzy over this series though. Will we FINALLY see the ubiquitous Code Geass knocked off all the freaking magazine covers?
Old 2007-06-02, 10:29   Link #71
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post

Awesome animation is only one thing. I'd also like some suspense, like every battle it isn't apparent whos gonna come out the victor or for there to be a struggle at least.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:38   Link #72
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rever129 View Post
I wonder if those cone shaped objects on the Gundam's back is, in fact, the cockpit. It would be a nice change instead of having the cockpit right smack in the middle of the chest/stomach area. If the Gundams have a cockpit ejection system, this would be an ideal design choice.
Cockpits probably not, but some kind of thing to replace what is essentially the role of backpack thrusters we usually seen in these places.

Also, I would not favour Sunrise doing what they have been doing to the mechas in their past 2 animes (cockpits on the back), that doesn't do it for something that is going to be part of a Gundam franchise.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:51   Link #73
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

I just notist somthing....

that's pretty cool
Old 2007-06-02, 10:56   Link #74
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I just notist somthing....

that's pretty cool
How does that fit though???

But I agree... This is a new "style" for Gundam mecha design. The cone-shaped thing, the unorthodox weapon storage locations, the more aerodynamic design... I like that they are taking the design somewhere new for once.
Old 2007-06-02, 10:57   Link #75
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I dunno about it being a beam saber (it obviously looks like a metal blade), but that is an interesting observation there. Although that'll beg the question of how a longsword can fit into such a small space.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 11:00   Link #76
brightman
Ancient Member

Actually, watch the clip carefully and you'll see that its actually holding the "beam saber" on its left hand. Its notably shorter.

So that long sword is actually another weapon.
Old 2007-06-02, 11:00   Link #77
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Cockpits probably not, but some kind of thing to replace what is essentially the role of backpack thrusters we usually seen in these places.

Also, I would not favour Sunrise doing what they have been doing to the mechas in their past 2 animes (cockpits on the back), that doesn't do it for something that is going to be part of a Gundam franchise.
Oh, they've replaced the thrusters with some kind of anti gravity things for atmospheric use! Interesting.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 11:05   Link #78
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Actually, watch the clip carefully and you'll see that its actually holding the "beam saber" on its left hand. Its notably shorter.

So that long sword is actually another weapon.
*looks again*

Why yes... it's holding another weapon on its left hand, with a design similar to the shoulder mounted hilt pointed out by kaito.

So it has beam sabers AND a metal longsword.

Guess the influence of Astray is still felt in 00

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 11:10   Link #79
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well this looks interesting. ^_^

Hopefully this board will pick up again, on all fronts (I hope).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 11:20   Link #80
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Well that looks kind-of interesting. Don't like this possible "stop war" thing that worked so poorly for Destiny. The older male characters reminds me of Gundam X.

One problem they will have is they got a up hill battle for popularity against the 2nd season of Code Geass. I doubt they have a chance the sweep the polls like Seed did.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers