AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 15:31   Link #161
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

The short version of how to make FLAC and ordered chapters work together nicely:

1. Output each chapter audio as a separate wav stream
2. Encode these wav files to separate FLAC files
3. Append them together in mkvmerge when muxing

That should do the trick.
Old 2010-06-15, 09:29   Link #162
tefalo

Hmm. I tried that, but didn't get it to work. And well... now it works. Awesome.

The audio skips a little during chapter links, so i'm still doing something wrong. For starters, where should i get timecodes for the end of a segment? Since every program seems to give a different opinion on this.

Edit: Okay, so I tried lossy audio instead (lossless seems like a hassle). This seems to magically solve the OP->EP transition. Whoo. EP->ED still clicks and ED->preview starts playing the ending theme again for a very short period of time, however.
Oh, well. Back to sacrificing dead kittens, I guess.

I took the easy way out and left the ED in the episode, heh.

Last edited by tefalo; 2010-07-04 at 07:37.
Old 2010-07-12, 07:26   Link #163
Vert

I'm a newbie and I don't quite understand the instructions on how to unorder ordered chapters. Can anyone help me with step by step guide on how to merge OP+Episode+ED+Preview back together into a single file? Help is much appreciated and thanks.

Edit: I tried merging the OP with one of the episodes but output file just plays the episode part, which also means that the OP is not merged(but the file size increased). But when I merge 2 episodes together, it works and it plays 2 episodes continuously.

2nd edit: Problem solved. So hard to figure out what's wrong, but at last... xD

Last edited by Vert; 2010-07-13 at 09:06.
Old 2010-07-29, 09:18   Link #164
coreydbz

Can someone please tell me how to convert these mkv files viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26332 with XVID4PSP?
They have ordered chapters and wont let me add them to XVID4PSP to convert them to MP4 PS3/XBOX360.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-26 at 17:52.
Old 2010-08-08, 12:19   Link #165
dejong12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
4) append files to each other with mkvmerge so that everything is in the right order in one file.
I'm stuck at this point. When I try to append these files (Prologue-OP-Episode-ED-Preview), I'm getting an error that MKVmerge isn't working anymore and needs to be closed. When I deselect the subtitles, MKVmerge works, but I need those subtitles. How can I get this to work?
Old 2010-08-08, 16:17   Link #166
sneaker

1.) Try the newest mkvtoolnix version from here.
2.) If that does not work file a bug report here (and include the smallest sample you're able to reproduce the error on). The author often fixes reported crashes/bugs within a day.
Old 2010-08-14, 15:34   Link #167
Mavrick
A Decade of Lurking!

Alright, I stream stuff to my ps3 with PS3MediaServer, so ordered chapters don't work at all. I did find that the ChapterUnorderer.exe program worked great for converting all of the files back. My problem at the moment comes from Coalgirls release of Bakemonogatari, eps 14 and 15. After converting the files, I found that, while the subtitles, art and sound carried over from the opening and ending files, the video didn't.
Since these are the only two episodes that use these op and ed, I figured there was something with the files, but when I opened them, the video played fine. In fact, when I opened the main episodes in MPC, they linked perfectly. Does anyone else have these files that could try it them selves to see if it's just my pc that's the problem?
Old 2010-08-23, 10:27   Link #168
dejong12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
1.) Try the newest mkvtoolnix version from here.
2.) If that does not work file a bug report here (and include the smallest sample you're able to reproduce the error on). The author often fixes reported crashes/bugs within a day.
It got fixed, this error happened because there was a translation error in the Dutch version. I'm now experiencing another error. I'm trying to unorder Clannad, which got Episodes, OP and ED files. When I'm unordering, the subs are at the correct time, but the subs of the ED are messed up. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Old 2010-09-27, 17:24   Link #169
red123

MKV ordered chapters in Linux

I am new to Linux so I don't really know my ways around yet. Is there a player that has support for ordered chapters in Linux? I currently have VLC and mplayer installed and ordered chapter does not seem to work.
Old 2010-09-27, 18:46   Link #170
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Support in mplayer is available, but not without some work on your part.

For Ubuntu, you can try using rvm's repository here:
https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/mplayer

and I recommend his excellent graphical front-end to mplayer, smplayer:
https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/smplayer

For the intrepid, you can build a version from source using this git repo:
http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer.git

You'll need the usual array compilers and libraries. Again, if you're on Ubuntu, you can use these commands to obtain the required environment:

sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get build-dep mplayer-nogui

Then after to you download the code from the git repository, it's just the usual ./configure; make; make install sequence.

Frankly I still think ordered chapters in mplayer is a work-in-progress. Last time I tried using it with the Kure-nai episodes, it didn't handle the time codes correctly across the three chapters.

I'm going to ask the mods to move this into the general discussion of ordered chapters. You'll find some other discussions about the state of ordered chapters in Linux in that thread. In addition, there's a lengthy discussion about this subject starting around here.
Old 2010-09-27, 20:16   Link #171
red123

What do you mean by
"it's just the usual ./configure; make; make install sequence."?

Sorry I just started using Linux, so I don't really know what is usual yet
Old 2010-09-27, 23:38   Link #172
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Then forget everything I wrote starting from "For the intrepid...".

What distribution are you using? Ubuntu? Fedora? OpenSUSE? Arch? Mint? Distributions differ in how programs are "packaged" and in how up-to-date the software is.

Frankly, I think you should just accept the absence of ordered chapters in Linux for now and spend your efforts on becoming familiar with the software you have. Most times ordered chapters are used in fansubbing to separate out the opening and closing sequences. For most of us, that's not a big deal as we can watch the separate OP/ED files if we want.
Old 2010-09-28, 01:03   Link #173
red123

I am using Mint.
Old 2010-09-28, 09:05   Link #174
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There have now five flavors of Mint. If you're using Linux Mint 9, you can try installing the mplayer version from rvm's repositories.

If you've never added a third-party repository before, read this first.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...Software%20Tab

Use the ppa: approach it describes for Ubuntu 10.04.

If everything works correctly, try installing mplayer again. It should automatically fetch the one from the new repository. If you're having trouble with this, I'd suggest posting on the Mint or Ubuntu forums.
Old 2010-10-23, 08:06   Link #175
Rhythm

OMG Thank you so much for this thread! I've been stressing out 'cause my recent .mkv animes have been stuffing up, and I noticed it was only at the OP&ED parts. I was using VLC but now that I've got CCCP they're fine! I <3 U

Don't know if it'll do much but +Rep for you.

Time to re-watch my anime...I missed out on quite a bit.
Old 2010-11-01, 08:56   Link #176
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I got a batch of anime mkv files but when i played them, the videos lagged so i download DivX H.264 to fix the slow down. But then came a new problem.

You see, most of the anime's mkv files doesn't have the OP & ED as the latter two are separate videos. The problem is that when the anime video is about to go the OP or ED, the last scene freezes but the sound is still playing. Even when i just skip to it, the video stops playing.

To make matters weird, i can play the OP & ED videos directly and when i did the same things above for the rest of the anime videos that uses the 2nd OP & 2nd ED, it's fine.

I hope your help. Thanks.
Old 2010-11-23, 09:57   Link #177
RBHLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Alright, I stream stuff to my ps3 with PS3MediaServer, so ordered chapters don't work at all. I did find that the ChapterUnorderer.exe program worked great for converting all of the files back. My problem at the moment comes from Coalgirls release of Bakemonogatari, eps 14 and 15. After converting the files, I found that, while the subtitles, art and sound carried over from the opening and ending files, the video didn't.
Since these are the only two episodes that use these op and ed, I figured there was something with the files, but when I opened them, the video played fine. In fact, when I opened the main episodes in MPC, they linked perfectly. Does anyone else have these files that could try it them selves to see if it's just my pc that's the problem?
I'm having this same problem. Can anyone help?
Old 2011-06-14, 04:38   Link #178
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I need help. I have VLC player, and when ever I watch a show it plays for about 30 seconds up to the part where it should show the OP, but instead it repeats back too the start of the show, but without audio. I don't think my Ordered Chapters is working any help? I want to keep the OP/ED

n/m answer resolved here
http://www.animetake.com/forums/501873-post138.html

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-06-14 at 10:33.
Old 2011-06-14, 10:33   Link #179
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Ordered Chapters still not working for me :/

I'm Running on Windows 7 64bit, and I installed KMplayer, and had installed MPC player but uninstalled it because despite using both codecs individuality, order chapters still didn't work . I used K-Lite Codec Pack with Haali media splitter for both MPC, and KMplayer.. (no Advil so uninstalled both K-lite & Haali) Then I tired installing CCCP, Haali media splitter, and re-installed KMplayer. I have the OP/ED in the same folder as the episodes (This is a 1080p Bluray of K-ON!! from THORA) set it so Haali media splitter is set to "yes" of the Input setting of "try to open linked files" with the source filter of Haali priority to Matroska "checked" Its working but it didn't show the OP/ED when it was playing...

can someone help me work this Ordered Chapters?

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-06-14 at 12:02.
Old 2011-06-14, 11:37   Link #180
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Try mplayer2. Windows version

If you want a nice GUI, use smplayer.

Tags
mkv, ordered chapters, wiki candidate