AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 17:50   Link #3601
Talitha Koum

Thanks for answering my questions, Ikuze and Mareike!

Quote:
I believe that there was a translation that specifically stated that Trowa Phobos shot "Milliardo Peacecraft" in between his wrinkled brows. So I believe that by saying that this silver-haired man behind Noin and the 69 babies is "young", was an implicit/vague way of saying that the real Milliardo still exists and he's not the wrinkly old dude that was being buried six feet under.
You would think the people of Mars would notice that their president didn't look like himself. Or could it be they assumed he was affected by the rapid aging the same as Duo? Is the aging problem related to the PPP?
"If you love me," said Body, "you'll turn and exist."
Talitha Koum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 00:36   Link #3602
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha Koum View Post
You would think the people of Mars would notice that their president didn't look like himself. Or could it be they assumed he was affected by the rapid aging the same as Duo? Is the aging problem related to the PPP?
(Haven't looked to see if this has been stated already but) Zechs was never the President, it was always Dix-Neuf, using the name Milliardo. If you mean that they ought to recognize Zechs, you have to remember that:
a) 2-3 decades have passed since the events of the series,
b) the faces of the pilots weren't publicly seen a whole ton save Milliardo's broadcasts from WF
c) Out of all the people who've all emigrated to Mars it's even more doubtful that they'd recall those events.

Also the aging problem is due to Duo NOT getting the PPP injection until later after he'd arrived (he got it once he was hospitalized from his bike crash).
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 18:51   Link #3603
Talitha Koum

Quote:
(Haven't looked to see if this has been stated already but) Zechs was never the President, it was always Dix-Neuf, using the name Milliardo. If you mean that they ought to recognize Zechs, you have to remember that:
a) 2-3 decades have passed since the events of the series,
b) the faces of the pilots weren't publicly seen a whole ton save Milliardo's broadcasts from WF
c) Out of all the people who've all emigrated to Mars it's even more doubtful that they'd recall those events.

Also the aging problem is due to Duo NOT getting the PPP injection until later after he'd arrived (he got it once he was hospitalized from his bike crash).
Thank you for setting me straight, Kitsoru. I knew I was bound to miss something important reading 180 pages so quickly. I appreciate you!

Fanart of little Heero playing with Leo toy:

http://blueeyedperceiver.deviantart....-Yuy-264775380
"If you love me," said Body, "you'll turn and exist."
Talitha Koum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 01:07   Link #3604
Aldaeus

Dawwwwwww so cute... ^ Wait... DAMN IT HEERO THAT WAS MY B-CLUB 1/100 LEO RESIN KIT!!!!
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:14   Link #3605
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Quick question: I just realized, Duo's face had been plastered all over TV and wanted posters in the series for a bit. Yet in the FT prologue, Kathy saids that the only picture/video of any of the pilots is that recording of "Duo" (Heero) from the school. Are we chucking this up to a retconn? Or have we yet to witness any creative Sumisawa explanation?

Talitha: OMG!!!! The cuteness is overwhelming *^.^*

Heero Pilot is the grandson of Heero Politician!?!??! (sorry, I'm late to this boat). Seriously? POR QUE!?!?!?! All the characters being related is getting rather old, cliche-like, and annoying. I feel like this happening is loosing the charm of the series....

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 17:30   Link #3606
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I really hope there's some grand plan, and he's not just throwing stuff and seeing what sticks.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 03:22   Link #3607
Eeni

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I really hope there's some grand plan, and he's not just throwing stuff and seeing what sticks.
It feels like this is Sumisawa's grand plan. This is exactly what he envisions. It doesn't even feel like he's testing anything. At least to me, it feels like he truly believes everything he has written is 100% legit. I can't imagine why anyone would put so much effort into a project you didn't believe is right.

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-10-24 at 13:06.
Old 2011-10-25, 08:59   Link #3608
gordol
Banned

Gundam Deathscythe Rousette, can apparently fly

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 09:33   Link #3609
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Gundam Deathscythe Rousette, can apparently fly
Gundam Deathscythe Rousette.
.___.

Okay, Gundam Wing, I LOVED you because you came up with just beautiful names for your characters and mecha but who the HELL is in charge of naming these things now???
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 11:16   Link #3610
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
Gundam Deathscythe Rousette.
.___.

Okay, Gundam Wing, I LOVED you because you came up with just beautiful names for your characters and mecha but who the HELL is in charge of naming these things now???
Sumisawa...?

Got to give him a hand for originality. Previous Deathscythe incarations had bat-like wings. Now he's specified the kind of bat.
Old 2011-10-25, 12:05   Link #3611
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I though of the wine... haha
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 01:00   Link #3612
Aldaeus

I sort of get why he named it that... I did a little search to check the bat out and came across this. The shape of the wing looks a lot like the GD Rousette's. And I'm wondering if we'll get any color shots of it, because looking at it it has a slight reddish tinge in all of the pictures of the bat I find.

Spoiler for Spoiler for those who are squemish of Bats, and insects.:

Also I find this gives a whole new meaning to the saying "A bat out of hell..."
Old 2011-10-26, 07:43   Link #3613
susyia

What about quatre?? so far no one sent any passage in history of what his think of this... or what happened to him in the past.. i wanna know!!!! I always thought that at last quatre would have a family because he is the most normal of the gundam pilots and easier to live with.
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 19:17   Link #3614
Eeni

I like the way they can be tucked away. It feels like Duo stole the Wing's wings

Old 2011-10-27, 21:40   Link #3615
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I like the way they can be tucked away. It feels like Duo stole the Wing's wings
Payback for Heero stealing half of Deathscythe's parts.
Old 2011-10-28, 00:15   Link #3616
Aldaeus

^ Why can I see Duo totally doing that...
Old 2011-10-28, 10:02   Link #3617
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Payback for Heero stealing half of Deathscythe's parts.
Perfect, haha.

Okay, so does anyone have any updates from the newest chapter? It seems like we've gone a long time without any info... :B Does the new chapter come out this Sunday or is it already out?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 17:23   Link #3618
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Perfect, haha.

Okay, so does anyone have any updates from the newest chapter? It seems like we've gone a long time without any info... :B Does the new chapter come out this Sunday or is it already out?
Must already be out, mine shipped from the fulfillment center on the 25th, apparently.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 21:25   Link #3619
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Mine should arrive tomorrow... if DHL delivers on a Saturday :/

Volume.2 tells up until Chapter 13, so it'll put us relatively close to the actual publication release. I've got up to the Victoria Nightmare translated (so two chapters behind). :S
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 16:25   Link #3620
Eeni

quick question: I'm still reading through this thread and trying to catch up, I found a download for chapter 6 of GotD (page 145 of this thread), but half of it was the same as the last half of chapter 5... I also found that a page (maybe 2) appear to be missing. Did I get the wrong download? Is there a more complete version that I missed a link to?

I know I got the first 4 chapters from zeonic scans (the links on the 1st page of this thread).
I can not for the life of me remember where I got ch. 5 from.
and I just got ch. 6 from the link on page 145 (still in japanese).

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-10-29 at 17:33. Reason: I'm trying to fingure this out...

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing