Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 09:53   Link #6661
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah, that's the live stage performance in Japan, but it's not gonna happen until December (actually the beginning of December, so it's about a week or two away) So until then, unless there's a magazine article or something, we're not gonna have anything new.
Seriously...it's over two years old, what do you people expect? Lol

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:27   Link #6662
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
New Series would be my guess. (Not at this Lelouch Birthday thing... I'm just saying in general people would possibly expect a new series after two years.)
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:43   Link #6663
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Don't look at me. Kid Ying is the one that asked. I'll I'm saying is that, as far as new Code Geass-related material, we only have the upcoming live stage performance to look forward. Though I would love it if they came out with a new series.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 06:42   Link #6664
Paladinoras
Pancakes

I am only saying that despite the awesomeness of Code Geass, that does not mean that new Code Geass merchandise/news are gonna come out every week or so.

Old 2009-12-02, 19:19   Link #6665
Dead Cake

Quote:
I think the odds for a spin-off/OVA are quite good. I mean it's weird that they would arrange huge event out of nowhere just to give the fans false hope. And just look how many spin-offs Gundam has :D Afterall Sunrise has said that they are interested in continuing the story of the Geass-universe.

In comparison Kuroshitsuji anime had a similar seiyuu-event and a sequel was announced even though it is pretty much impossible to continue from the ending of the first season.
Dead Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:15   Link #6666
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Cake View Post
I think the odds for a spin-off/OVA are quite good. I mean it's weird that they would arrange huge event out of nowhere just to give the fans false hope. And just look how many spin-offs Gundam has Afterall Sunrise has said that they are interested in continuing the story of the Geass-universe.

In comparison Kuroshitsuji anime had a similar seiyuu-event and a sequel was announced even though it is pretty much impossible to continue from the ending of the first season.
Gundam was different. It is an established franchise and ppl could just make another alternate universe...That is why UC is so dead right now. Code Geass doesn't have the same fanbase as of now.

Old 2009-12-03, 13:18   Link #6667
darthfury78

Quote:
Gundam was different. It is an established franchise and ppl could just make another alternate universe...That is why UC is so dead right now. Code Geass doesn't have the same fanbase as of now.
There is a way to go around this problem. The producers could simply create an alternate universe storyline, based on the original scrapped plans for Season 2, where Lelouch wins the conflict against Suzaku, from where Stage 25 had left off. From there, a new storyline could be developed.

Also, a new spinoff of Code Geass could have a prequel that would feature a younger Charles and Marianne, around the 1990's.

There isn't a lack of ideals for Code Geass. It's a matter of who could unleash that potential.

This was a suggestion that I had mentioned, in my letter, to Taniguchi. I told him that an alternate universe of Code Geass where Lelouch wins against Suzaku could pave the way for a different storyline. And the only way for Lelouch to win is with Kallen's help. She might have been the one to have fired the shot at Suzaku. Thus, she might have stayed to help Lelouch instead of running/abandoning him in the flashback episode in Code Geass R2. This is where Suzaku won the showdown against Lelouch. Kallen's decision affected that outcome of the story.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2009-12-03 at 13:30.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 13:29   Link #6668
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
This was a suggestion that I had mentioned, in my letter, to Taniguchi. I told him that an alternate universe of Code Geass where Lelouch wins against Suzaku could pave the way for a different storyline.
Nuh-uh. Even if there was a third season of Code Geass, the odds of which I can't even chalk up to slim to none, it would not feature Lelouch as a central character.
geewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 13:33   Link #6669
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
Nuh-uh. Even if there was a third season of Code Geass, the odds of which I can't even chalk up to slim to none, it would not feature Lelouch as a central character.
Yeah, as it is, Code Geass' chew toy is down for repairs. He got chewed on one too many times.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:52   Link #6670
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, as it is, Code Geass' chew toy is down for repairs. He got chewed on one too many times.
He got chewed up, spit out, stomped on, burned down, and then they pissed on the ashes. So yeah...
Old 2009-12-03, 14:54   Link #6671
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Frankly, the guy needs a break.
Old 2009-12-03, 20:57   Link #6672
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Out of service? That's a good one.

You know, if they made a gag side series, perhaps chibi style, I bet Lelouch would still have ridiculously bad things happening to him, a LOT. Imagine all the hilarious Fukuyama Jun freakouts!
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 21:39   Link #6673
Xander

Quote:
That was a different show, a different time and so on...but keep in mind that Gundam only became an established franchise because, precisely, new series were produced over the years long after the original's unexpected success.

Also, there's a far more recent example of what could easily happen to Code Geass:

My-Hime (TV, 2004)
My-Otome (TV, 2005)
My-Otome Zwei (OVA, 2006)
My-Otome 0~S.ifr~ (OVA, 2008)

Whether that's a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion, but I think each product should be evaluated on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Out of service? That's a good one.

You know, if they made a gag side series, perhaps chibi style, I bet Lelouch would still have ridiculously bad things happening to him, a LOT. Imagine all the hilarious Fukuyama Jun freakouts!
As long as we're speculating, I'd certainly pay to see 12 episodes of that.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 03:37   Link #6674
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
It would not be a third season, per se. It would be the original version of Code Geass R2 that was scrapped. Thus, a new storyline could take place from there.

There was an illustration, somewhere, that talked about a Code Geass Prequel. The series would have Charles, Marianne, and Bismark. The storyline took place in the 1990's. So it had the younger versions of them in the story. I am not sure if this was to have been a novel or not. But it was mentioned last year.

I don't know if there will be another season of Code Geass. If they do produce another Code Geass TV show, I would rather see a remake of Season 2, in its original format before it was scrapped. I want to see how Lelouch was able to defeat Suzaku, and all of the other information that was removed from the storyline.

I am still hopeful that Taniguchi will get to re-tell Code Geass R2, from Stage 26 to Stage 50. The series is successful enough to allow that option to be granted by Sunrise.

Since it is now public knowledge that the original plans for Code Geass R2 was scrapped, we might as well see that version of it, good or bad, get created. This would put an end to all of the speculative rumors surounding the Not As Planned Second Season, except for the ending. Although, the ending of the new version could always be changed.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2009-12-04 at 03:48.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 22:39   Link #6675
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Oh my gosh. How many times can we talk about the same thing?

My bet's on a nice even twenty.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 22:58   Link #6676
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh no look like another geass on the work for "rebirth" in 2010 (yea heard it on ANN) but my guess would be

1.nightmare of nuna
2.suzaku's counter
3.restart/reboot of the series (to alter & prevent to SAVE the series)
4.is "he" alive?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 23:01   Link #6677
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
oh no look like another geass on the work for "rebirth" in 2010 (yea heard it on ANN) but my guess would be

1.nightmare of nuna
2.suzaku's counter
3.restart/reboot of the series (to alter & prevent to SAVE the series)
4.is "he" alive?!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!
You beat me to it!

Oh well, here's a link for more info.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aunch-revealed
Old 2009-12-04, 23:10   Link #6678
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!
You beat me to it!

Oh well, here's a link for more info.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aunch-revealed
well thank for the link & besides i'm still wonder about the "rebirth" mention really if "he" is alive well i told ya "he" is alive.

but there are other like

1.restart/reboot of geass to alter some events even prevent some lives lost to get 2nd chance
2.nightmare or counter to be anime
3.a new story like maybe someone from the future to alter whole event in r1 & r2 to save everything in both past & future.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 23:17   Link #6679
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, they just announced it so it's gonna be pretty vague until we get more info in 2010. Frankly, I just hope and pray that they don't bring Lelouch back to life. Of course I'd be cool with a remake, a sequel, a completely new series, or a movie or whatever. An anime adaptation of NoN or SotC wouldn't thrill me, but I guess it'd be all right.
Old 2009-12-04, 23:40   Link #6680
yvj
U Mad?

HAI GAISE IS THERE SUM NEW SERIES?

Sunrise: To troll or not to troll.

I may change my mind but at this very moment, I'd like for them to move on from the universe we got (unless Kalulu gets to be canon amirite?) and bring in some new blood, I.E fresh characters. Last thing I need is more Oughi, or more derailed Suzaku.

No prequels, no sequels unless a really decent amount of time has passed. As much as I dig the mangificent bastard and his crazy ways, no lelouch.

If it's an alternate universe hopefully its closer to Gundam Wing than G Seed. (A pox on those who blaspheme against GW)

So if it's a new series, whose coming back to the forums?