AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-21, 17:02   Link #21
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
well, the fight started (it was awesome!!!) and will continue next week.

Lol, despite all my love for Bya and Kenpachi, I was totally anticipating the Tosen/Koma/Hisagi showdown. Can't wait to see the rest of it. The flashback was actually really touching. and OMG the fight was awesome! He totally kicked ass!

I may be a bit of a Tosen fangirl.

P.S. but what was UP with that hair in the flashback???
Finally it is here!!!!!! now Tousen might get some fans
Old 2010-09-21, 17:58   Link #22
TheRime

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Finally it is here!!!!!! now Tousen might get some fans
I liked him before he was cool.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:35   Link #23
sayde

Glad to see this battle is finally underway. Even though I like Tousen, I'm eager to see this battle over and done with as soon as possible. Because it looks as if Kubo nerfed Tousen's intelligence once again. Even though he seems to be retaining the upper-hand right now, it's somewhat painful to watch knowing of all the potential devastation Tousen could be causing. He has an awesome Bankai. So despite his words, I can't even begin to understand exactly why he would neglect to use it. It's as if he's completely missing the point of hollowfication in the first place. It's definitely not about denouncing the shinigami side in favor of the hollow side. It's about retaining and utilizing his full potential as a shinigami while taking advantage of his hollow side to augment this potential even further.

But oh well. I know what probably happened. Kubo was bound and determined to have Komamura and Hisagi finally settle the score with Tousen. But at the same time, he was likely having difficulty trying to figure out how those 2 would last 1 second inside Hollowfied Tousen's Enma Kōrogi. So instead, this is what he opted to do...

As for the episode itself, I thought it was good. The previews from last week didn't disappoint. I expected some solid animation and that's exactly what I got. So props to the anime team. Despite what I stated above, they did a good job making some of hollow-Tousen's moves look pretty powerful.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:39   Link #24
Gin
*Artist

Hisagi really impressed me this episode, I think he's easily the strongest of all the VCs.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:43   Link #25
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Glad to see this battle is finally underway. Even though I like Tousen, I'm eager to see this battle over and done with as soon as possible. Because it looks as if Kubo nerfed Tousen's intelligence once again. Even though he seems to be retaining the upper-hand right now, it's somewhat painful to watch knowing of all the potential devastation Tousen could be causing. He has an awesome Bankai. So despite his words, I can't even begin to understand exactly why he would neglect to use it. It's as if he's completely missing the point of hollowfication in the first place. It's definitely not about denouncing the shinigami side in favor of the hollow side. It's about retaining and utilizing his full potential as a shinigami while taking advantage of his hollow side to augment this potential even further.

But oh well. I know what probably happened. Kubo was bound and determined to have Komamura and Hisagi finally settle the score with Tousen. But at the same time, he was likely having difficulty trying to figure out how those 2 would last 1 second inside Hollowfied Tousen's Enma Kōrogi. So instead, this is what he opted to do...
You forget it is against the law of the soul society to become a hollow- shinigami and it is against he law for a reason
Old 2010-09-21, 21:51   Link #26
sayde

It's not that I've forgotten about that. But rather, I just don't see that as having literally anything to do with this as far I'm concerned. What do the reasons behind why hollowfication is outlawed have anything to do with what I posted above? Perhaps you'd like to elaborate.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:56   Link #27
secretzfan
*Fansubber

EDITED

Quote:
It's about retaining and utilizing his full potential as a shinigami while taking advantage of his hollow side to augment this potential even further.
That what hollowfication does, but all in the same hollowfication is illegal. When you said that Tousen was
Quote:
denouncing the shinigami side in favor of the hollow side.
Komamura was talking using his own knowledge because Tousen did do that as he knew the law and the reasons it was there, but he decided to leave the shinigami side so that law wouldn't matter thus he gained more power to further his potential

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-09-25 at 13:17.
Old 2010-09-21, 22:04   Link #28
sayde

I feel like you missed my point entirely. So let's see if I can use your words to help you understand my point in a nutshell.

Quote:
he decided to leave the shinigami side so that law wouldn't matter thus he gained more power to further his potential
Okay, so here's the thing...if he gained more power to further his potential, then why is he not taking advantage of his furthered potential by not using Bankai? That's my point. None of anything else you stated in your post has much to do with what I was getting at. (No offense)
Old 2010-09-21, 23:37   Link #29
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
I feel like you missed my point entirely. So let's see if I can use your words to help you understand my point in a nutshell.

Okay, so here's the thing...if he gained more power to further his potential, then why is he not taking advantage of his furthered potential by not using Bankai? That's my point. None of anything else you stated in your post has much to do with what I was getting at. (No offense)
what I was getting at.
wait Tousen's bankai right. Listen I said he was furthering his potential as a soul reaper true, but in may real opinion the hollow form doesn't. He became a hollow for power and it is that simple for himself not as a soul reaper, but as a hollow

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-09-21 at 23:49.
Old 2010-09-21, 23:48   Link #30
Gin
*Artist

secretfan, I think you are still missing sayde's point.
Old 2010-09-21, 23:50   Link #31
sayde

Quote:
Listen I said he was furthering his potential as a soul reaper true, but in may real opinion the hollow form doesn't. He became a hollow for power and it is that simple for himself not as a soul reaper, but as a hollow

Wha--I don't even...Just forget about it.
Old 2010-09-21, 23:50   Link #32
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
secretfan, I think you are still missing sayde's point.
I wish someone would better explain it to me then because this isn't making any sense
Old 2010-09-22, 00:57   Link #33
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I greatly dislike people knowing about Ichigo's hollowfication before he has had a chance to show it to them.

so what?

as if information control is a must in the SS

even if it was, at least the captains would know of it at this moment in the series

[edit]

BTW:
Quote:
I wish someone would better explain it to me then because this isn't making any sense
from my aspect of a bankai, in its typical form (not including ichigo's) that a Bankai is normally an advanced and outward representation of one's zanpakutou
IE:also beyond a shinigami's ability to compress his/her reitsu

meaning: The output of a bankai would (and can) decompress a shinigami's own reistu despite the increase that it would be in achieving Bankai.
IE: the overall power would increase but sometimes not the reistu compression involved as well (the ability to fight at the same level after what ever multiple of reistu a shikai would give)

in conclusion: by obtaining a hollowification, one can keep a compression ratio with one's own reistu while 'powered up' state with-out the use of bankai (or at times shikai)
It would make for a tougher opponent

for example: when Ichigo fought Urahara, when ichigo was re-learning to become a shinigami AND when Isshin (ichi's dad fought (and killed)) Grand Fisher; Basically: 'One can have all the power in the world, but if one can not compress it, it's all but "Fluff" '.
Also for the same reason why Kenpachi (at first) won vs Ichigo before Ichi first fought Ogihci(spelling, inner hollow)

At any rate, reason why many other captains can lose when they have released their bankai, isn't the fact of any sort of 'easy target' (In my opinion), it is that their Bankai is so un-compressed when they release it, when they do, that it is fundamentally weaker (dispite the overall offensive gains)

IE: Byakuya Kuchiki can fight poetentally better then (let's say) Mayuri Kurotsuchi, both in Bankai status (mainly because Byakuya would have a better compression due to his 'smaller' BanKai. ALSO why Kenpachi can be along-side other captains despite his lack there of knowing his own zanpakutou's name.

Which also means that why Ichigo can not only fight Longer, but also stronger, in comparison to a typical Captain Class shinigami is because of his much greater compression ratio

(does this explain enough??? someone please fill in at least a few gaps if I overlooked anything)

Last edited by Kookee2k2; 2010-09-22 at 01:32.
Old 2010-09-22, 01:40   Link #34
Lumir

Yami is # 0 for a reason. He is just raw power which is fed by his rage which helps him grow even more powerful. A behemoth of rage ever getting stronger through his anger. They need to just lop off his head and call it a day before he becomes so massive and powerful that the standard slash wont be enough to even phase him. That or just trap him in the garigan.

As for the tousen fight. Pretty epic hollowification indeed. The form suits his abilities and blindness very well, not to mention it looks epic. No idea how mura and hisagi even stand a chance against him in his hollowfied form. Then again their relationship could be hindering him more then even he knows.
Old 2010-09-22, 02:57   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I have to agree this is probably what happened. Even I would have trouble seeing those two come out in one piece against Hollowfied Tousen inside his bankai. That bankai is pretty devastating in general without adding the hollowfication. Only way for those two to settle this is for Tousen to be stupid and not use his best ability.

Overall a good episode. Some nice action and liked watching Byakuya and Zaraki just knock Yammy around. Too bad the guy just keeps getting back up. Really need to take him down in one shot before he can even think about what has happened.
Old 2010-09-22, 03:34   Link #36
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
(does this explain enough??? someone please fill in at least a few gaps if I overlooked anything)
I'd respond, but I'm not sure over whether you were simply trying to answer secretzfan's question alone or if you were also trying to respond to my posts (with regards to why Tousen doesn't use Bankai).
Old 2010-09-22, 08:31   Link #37
Pa1n

Does it mean Gin & Aizen have Hollow powers? I guess it YES - AIZEN WITH HOLOW POWERS?! = GOD
Old 2010-09-22, 14:07   Link #38
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
First time to see Komamura's shikai in the anime. It was both decent and well animated IMO.
What are you talking about? Komamura used his shikai for the first time around episode 59-60, when he attacked Aizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Hisagi really impressed me this episode, I think he's easily the strongest of all the VCs.
He got beat by a 5th seat before... And he'd have a hard time with someone like Kira.
Old 2010-09-22, 14:18   Link #39
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

he also used his shikai against kenpachi.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-09-22, 14:21   Link #40
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
What are you talking about? Komamura used his shikai for the first time around episode 59-60, when he attacked Aizen.
He used his bankai against Aizen, which was what made Aizen seem so awesomely awesome - if you remember, there was the full body of his bankai rather than the arm of his shikai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
He got beat by a 5th seat before... And he'd have a hard time with someone like Kira.
I'd also say that unless Renji was really weak before achieving bankai, the extra power that gaining bankai gives you should make Renji more powerful than Hisagi (not that the power levels in Bleach are at all consistent between fights)
Closed Thread