AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 10:10   Link #8681
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Now next off that means July 7, the stated day for the "eclipse" is 4 days away... but there is only 2 days left of the 5 day tournament.
  • So will the tournament be completed before the prophecy starts unfolding?
  • Will the tournament end in some tie forcing a tiebreaker extension?
  • Will Raven Tail get caught cheating thus forcing a redo of some events, thus pushing things back and allowing the prophecy to interrupt the tournament (or Jellal ousted or the bunny guy)? Or at the very least cause the tournament people pause the tournament for a day or two to consider how respond to this?
  • Will the prophecy start unfolding place after the tournament (like Lucy gets grabbed after partying too hard)?
  • Will they just move up there schedule and attempt to capture Lucy/Yukino again early? Just to troll the tournament since captain guy can't wait for his own plan's scheduled date...
  • If the eclipse plan gets started early (aka before 7/7), will Lucy be rescued/return on 7/7?
  • Will the Dragons return 7/7 as a result of the Eclipse plan?
  • Will Zeref show up then or before 7/7?
  • Will Lucy's mom show up in any for on 7/7 or when Lucy disappears?

Simply put what are your thoughts on the dates of the tournament? Mashima seems to like dates in this series so how will he use them this time?
I suspect the tournament and it's Sabertooth and Raven Tail plot lines will wrap up before Arcadios really kicks things off with his plans. Another consideration is that Polyusica originally said the games last 7 days, and things since have said five. I haven't checked the volumes to see if what she said was changed there, but if not, we might be in for a day 6 and 7 which would put 7/7 as the end of the tournament.

But assuming it's 5 days, and that Raven Tail manages to stay in to prevent the numerous problems their ouster would cause, I expect Arcadios will grab Lucy after the tournament ends and Raven Tail's been sent packing, and Fairy Tail's guard is down.

I expect it'll be 7/7 before we see the whole thing with the castle collapsing and Lucy singing though. Arcadios just tried to grab her early, because it makes more sense for him to have the people he needs in his custody well ahead of time, than to be running around the night before, or the day of trying to grab them.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 14:01   Link #8682
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I suspect the tournament and it's Sabertooth and Raven Tail plot lines will wrap up before Arcadios really kicks things off with his plans. Another consideration is that Polyusica originally said the games last 7 days, and things since have said five. I haven't checked the volumes to see if what she said was changed there, but if not, we might be in for a day 6 and 7 which would put 7/7 as the end of the tournament.

But assuming it's 5 days, and that Raven Tail manages to stay in to prevent the numerous problems their ouster would cause, I expect Arcadios will grab Lucy after the tournament ends and Raven Tail's been sent packing, and Fairy Tail's guard is down.

I expect it'll be 7/7 before we see the whole thing with the castle collapsing and Lucy singing though. Arcadios just tried to grab her early, because it makes more sense for him to have the people he needs in his custody well ahead of time, than to be running around the night before, or the day of trying to grab them.
Pressed for time atm but anyways really quickly...

Good point about the event lasting 7 days comment (which I remembered but didn't include since I just had no idea if that meant 2 days before the games, the 2 after, or day day before for set up and one day after a party for the winner)

I guess we should ask ourselves if the day before the tournament counted as one of those days due to the whole having to be in your rooms by midnight thing or would by starting at midnight not count the day before it when people had to register the teams and get to their rooms.

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-06-12 at 16:42. Reason: In such a rush, I missed up couting xD
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 03:09   Link #8683
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Raw can be read here
Spoiler for 287:

Last edited by DarkSkiper; 2012-06-15 at 03:28.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 04:48   Link #8684
classic

Spoiler for 287:
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 05:02   Link #8685
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for 287:
Old 2012-06-15, 06:08   Link #8686
classic

Spoiler for 287:

Last edited by classic; 2012-06-15 at 07:38.
Old 2012-06-15, 06:47   Link #8687
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
You mean they were planning to lose?
See for some reason it seems quite illogical for them to plan to lose. RT had the entire stadium under his illusion, so they could pretty much do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. Now they're in imprison disqualified and has the council keeping an eye on them. I don't see how this is remotely advantageous outside of maybe everyone thinking they're fodder.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 06:51   Link #8688
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for 287:

Last edited by haegar; 2012-06-15 at 07:02.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:39   Link #8689
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Translation up.

So Ivan is after Luman Etoille, which I knew... but it's apparently FT's big, dark secret. It might hint as to why Gildartz left, as he couldn't handle having that secret (or he's out traveling to find out more). Is Luman Etoille the magic source of true fairies, or the grave of fairies or something? I get the feeling this has something bad to do with fairies. In any event, it might hint that Ivan isn't as bad as he seems, if he is trying to eliminate that dark secret.

Obra escaped as a head; is he something special, or just a mage?

Wendy vs. Shiela next. Is there something special about Shiela? Or is Wendy gonna curb-stomp her? Or will it be a cute fight? I'd hope for something good; Wendy needs a real good fight to showcase kicking ass, much like Lucy did with Flare.

Anyway, RT is out, but we have at least another arc where they will probably show up, and that's when we get around to dealing with Lumen Etoille (which will be the next arc?)
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:39   Link #8690
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
Laxus beated them ! Oo
Old 2012-06-15, 07:43   Link #8691
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Damn Laxus...you scary!

The beatdown was actually awesome and quite epic, no further words are needed on it!

Also, I have a feeling that this adorable battle will stop being adorable by the end of the next chapter :I
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:46   Link #8692
ImperialFlameGod8190

Spoiler for 287:

EDIT: @Randrak yea Mavis seems spooked my her magic and really somehow im ready for something epically lame but on the bright side the plot seems to be getting interesting

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2012-06-15 at 07:47. Reason: response to other post
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:47   Link #8693
classic

Spoiler for 287:
Old 2012-06-15, 08:11   Link #8694
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
A few other thoughts hit me...

Gray and Lucy don't get a shot at their own revenge.

With RT gone, will the point they earned be given to the people they cheated, ie, Lucy?

Why did it say FT B disqualified?

And lastly, part of me thinks Ivan set this up to tell Laxus about LE, counting on Laxus to do some digging. Perhaps come to clash with Makarov again.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 08:26   Link #8695
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Why did it say FT B disqualified?
More than likely, a translation error.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 08:30   Link #8696
Ryus
The One Eyed King

The scan group has put out a version b on their site, saying Revan Tail was disqualified instead. They posted sorry, bit to tired at 6am to catch that.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:36   Link #8697
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, Laxus pwned Obra before he could make a move and just mopped the sand with the rest of them...can't say I was expecting anything out of anyone, but Kurohebi and Ivan could have put up more of a fight. Oh, and I really wanted Gray to take his revenge on RT, but with them out of the games, it's not as likely now.

Just as planned, double trip initiates the next match
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 08:52   Link #8698
Vongola Zero

Laxus Rock !!!!!!!!
Old 2012-06-15, 08:53   Link #8699
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Maybe Shelia will surprise everyone with her magical power, but then Wendy uses the two spells Grandine had left her and turns the tide? OR maybe the two lolis will give us the most blooded and action packed fight of the tournament?
Now I see why Levy wont forget the events of day 3... It's the day Fairy Tail is being Badass for 3 times in a row (4 if counting Natsu's raid on Sabertooth).

Now it's official, Laxus+Natsu= Sabertooth destroyed... add Erza for the total overkill !
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 09:14   Link #8700
Qilin
Romanticist

Gee. Now we have yet another curbstomp courtesy of FT.

In retrospect, I guess I was being a bit optimistic a while back given Mashima's already apparent writing preferences. Of course, that's not to say that the chapter was all that bad. For one, this at least had Laxus, an established FT elite and a relatively cool guy, doing the fighting. If it was it was someone with questionable significance like Cana instead, I'd have been much more annoyed by this development.

In addition, this chapter wasn't solely FT "being cool". It added some pretty nice insight on the dynamics in the three-way relationship between Laxus, Ivan, and Makarov. This chapter managed to humanize Ivan's character for me a good deal. A detailed closeup of character interactions is always welcome for me.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen