AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 07:12   Link #201
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
After watching this episode.. I was lost...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 09:44   Link #202
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
After watching this episode.. I was lost...
cue Howling by Abingdon Boys School's english parts of the lyrics in the beginning.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 09:49   Link #203
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
cue Howling by Abingdon Boys School's english parts of the lyrics in the beginning.....
Someone better make a Busou Shinki AMV to the tune of that song

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:45   Link #204
Ray
Garnet

Episode 4: Ann proves that she's the best Shinki. Or, well, the luckiest anyway. ;p
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 19:55   Link #205
Snuffle
likes cute things

Episode 04:
I was so preoccupied with the race that I completely did not notice that Ann was going through a "Straw Millionaire" effect. She was just going on with her everyday life, even smiling when she's all by herself, however she keeps running into bad luck with more bad luck. But in the end, she wins big.

Her back armor > Umbrella > Lily pad(?) Leaf > Toy car > Bean >
Watermelon > Tanuki Statue > Raffle Ticket > Vacation Prize to Okinawa.

Last edited by Snuffle; 2012-10-28 at 22:43.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 21:09   Link #206
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that was a race with no disappointments just so much good cheating going on
Old 2012-10-28, 22:36   Link #207
Lukeman1884

Spoiler for Thoughts on ep 4:
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:23   Link #208
SQA

On point #3: depending how fast they were going, it wouldn't have to provide much drag to cause a car to flip. It's just a matter of producing an angle for lift to be created by the undercarriage of the vehicle.

Though the Shinki racer didn't have that type of design to cause that. But if we're arguing the physics of Busou Shinki, I think we're doing this all wrong.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:26   Link #209
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

One minor detail that caught my eye in episode 4, seems Shinki can own property the okinawa ticketand money wonder what straf wants to buy so badly, a new sword? a gift for master? a full-sized body?Therefore they have some rights after being activated.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:34   Link #210
Snuffle
likes cute things

A question for anyone that cares to think about it. Those two Shinki's that were introduced in episode 3, the biker type ones.

If they have no master, how the heck do they recharge themselves?

I've been wondering this ever since they said they were going on a journey... So... How long would that even last? Since they can't recharge themselves without that thing that Ann and the rest sleep on. That's their charger right?
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:38   Link #211
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I have only seen these anime, where I do not remember hearing the word "charging" even once, maybe their batteries can go on for a year (the dream of any laptop user)? Because otherwise they would have to steal energy from somewhere O_o;
Old 2012-10-29, 03:18   Link #212
Lukeman1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
A question for anyone that cares to think about it. Those two Shinki's that were introduced in episode 3, the biker type ones.

If they have no master, how the heck do they recharge themselves?

I've been wondering this ever since they said they were going on a journey... So... How long would that even last? Since they can't recharge themselves without that thing that Ann and the rest sleep on. That's their charger right?
It's possible that they've got the ability to get energy from multiple sources, like those jerry cans they drank out of. Or perhaps solar power?

Also something else I missed, Yda and Ach spawned their armor without being in a battlefield. So why did Lene need Ann's?
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 03:24   Link #213
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post

Also something else I missed, Yda and Ach spawned their armor without being in a battlefield. So why did Lene need Ann's?
I think it's likely that the engines on Lene's armor isn't as portable as Ann's was. Where Arnval's engines are all mounted on a single subflight lifter, Altlene has theirs all over their body, mostly on the large skirts. It's easier to just place Ann's subflight lifter on the cart and just run with it, rather than having to arrange individual pieces of armor to do the same thing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-10-31, 12:03   Link #214
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2012-10-31 at 12:52. Reason: added nyantype
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:15   Link #215
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Busou Shinki 05 - ....My Battery Pack: Road to Okinawa:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 08:42   Link #216
Gault
inc_mplete

*hasn't seen a Murmeltier yet*

oh well, liking the anime series really, getting me back into Shinkis once again

Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 10:28   Link #217
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Was wondering why everything was incorrectly scaled with the Shinkis on the beach (creatures being smaller than they are). Good to see that part of the episode being a Visualizer creation though

Also, hope Zelnograd gets more screentime in the future. Being a military Shinki is quite awesome.

Old 2012-11-03, 12:25   Link #218
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

We now know that:

1) Batteries must be recharged on a daily basis. Those biker shinki's must be munching some amperes from an unguarded socket.

2) Shinki's have free will. They decided on their own to go out of their daily routine to be with their master when they were supposed to stay home and stand guard.

3) Hamster has free roam. Even late at night (it is summer time on the episode, so night time comes late) he seems to roam wherever he pleases.

BTW, I remembered the other day of these new techology to store one bit with only twelve atoms, so human level memory inside the tiny shinki's skull is not even science fiction now!
Old 2012-11-03, 17:40   Link #219
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Gaahhh, I want the master to show more happiness and appreciation towards the Shinki's! Seeing them be all shy and happy when the master does something they like to cute, why can't he do more things like that

I was hoping for some big hug scene and a speech from the master at the end of episode 5 but it just ended XD I was slightly disappointed after that
Old 2012-11-03, 18:34   Link #220
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
We now know that:

1) Batteries must be recharged on a daily basis. Those biker shinki's must be munching some amperes from an unguarded socket.

2) Shinki's have free will. They decided on their own to go out of their daily routine to be with their master when they were supposed to stay home and stand guard.

3) Hamster has free roam. Even late at night (it is summer time on the episode, so night time comes late) he seems to roam wherever he pleases.
Don't forget that Ann's hair is detachable too.

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life