AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 02:44   Link #741
desrtsku
Nympholept

I got more accurate numbers from mania
12,126 - To Aru Majutsu no Index
24,494 - To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
16,993 - To Aru Majutsu no Index II

So it's indeed 12k, 17k, 25k
Old 2013-03-31, 02:47   Link #742
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No no no no no.

Filler episodes destroyed half the show. They somehow made Kuroko even more annoying than in the manga and light novels. That's quite an achievement.

Stick to the manga, and we're golden. Judging by that PV though, I am not so sure that's what is going to happen though...

Index is definitely better than railgun, but I hope railgun S2 can avoid the mistakes of the previous anime which dragged it down considerably.
To each to their own (I personally thought those filler episodes in the second half were damn great). I agree with you though that sticking to the manga for this season is way more beneficial.

Railgun>Index (Oh snap here comes the LN fanboys).
Old 2013-03-31, 02:48   Link #743
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

From what I remember when I was following mania monthly, the good thing about Raildex sales is that its relatively consistent- it drops at a steady rate.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 03:21   Link #744
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i forgotten how much did the index series sell again was it 20k+ in both series im not sure but if anyone can tell me i hope they at least sold almost as well as railgun.
Quote:
you mean index 1 right? well i just hope they re edited some of the scenes afterall in railgun manga version was more epic then the way it happened in the index anime version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I got more accurate numbers from mania
12,126 - To Aru Majutsu no Index
24,494 - To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
16,993 - To Aru Majutsu no Index II

So it's indeed 12k, 17k, 25k
index season 2 manage to sell quite well though i expected better from it, for some reason index season 1 sold less even though it was better i guess the franchise was just growing atm during those time well seeing as how popular the index movie was i'm pretty sure it well sell over 20k if not more then 30k. i think the reason why index season 2 didn't sell better then it should have was because they lower the quality to crap until episodes 17-24. i'm well aware railgun is much more popular then the index series but i wish jc staff take things more seriously with the index series. if they screw up index season 3, they are gonna get allot of hate with the fans. but overall they had the index movie to make up for it as well with the amazing animations plus quality so i bet the reason why the quality was lowered was probably for the index movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
From what I remember when I was following mania monthly, the good thing about Raildex sales is that its relatively consistent- it drops at a steady rate.
i never got the impression that the raildex franchise was dieing out i always thought the fanbase keeps growing so i never noticed.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-01 at 00:42.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 03:35   Link #745
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
i never got the impression that the raildex franchise was dieing out i always thought the fanbase keeps growing so i never noticed.
Every dvd sales drop per volume, its only a matter of what is the drop rate.

Only super rare occasions does it jump midway.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:47   Link #746
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
No, not that, was talking about how the amount of copies sold for a volume didn't suffer a major drop compared to the precedent one. (ex : Index II vol.1 sold 18k, Index II vol.2 sold 17.6k, Index II vol.3 sold 17.3k, etc ... I made up those values just in case someone asks)
Old 2013-03-31, 05:21   Link #747
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They held on to 18-17k for six out of the eight volumes I believe.
Old 2013-03-31, 07:55   Link #748
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No no no no no.

Filler episodes destroyed half the show. They somehow made Kuroko even more annoying than in the manga and light novels. That's quite an achievement.

Stick to the manga, and we're golden. Judging by that PV though, I am not so sure that's what is going to happen though...

Index is definitely better than railgun, but I hope railgun S2 can avoid the mistakes of the previous anime which dragged it down considerably.
My greatest wish for this anime is for Kuroko to be toned down to a reasonable level. I was fine with her in the manga/light novels, but the railgun anime pushed it to far.
The part that dragged down the fillers for me when they had filler episodes dedicated to the smallest characters. That anti-skill women with glasses, and the dorm manager. I just couldn't get into their episodes. I was also annoyed they stuck a fan service swimsuit episode in between the level upper climax and epilogue.
The PV only really shows the beginning of the anime, and it makes sense that the first episode is filler to reintroduce viewers to the setting. Time will tell how the fillers are handled.
Of course, my biggest fear is going to be if the anime teams starts making to many changing to what happened in the manga and ruin the amazing atmosphere the manga created. Not that I'm going to let that dampen my excitement for this show.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:07   Link #749
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
My greatest wish for this anime is for Kuroko to be toned down to a reasonable level. I was fine with her in the manga/light novels, but the railgun anime pushed it to far.
The part that dragged down the fillers for me when they had filler episodes dedicated to the smallest characters. That anti-skill women with glasses, and the dorm manager. I just couldn't get into their episodes. I was also annoyed they stuck a fan service swimsuit episode in between the level upper climax and epilogue.
The PV only really shows the beginning of the anime, and it makes sense that the first episode is filler to reintroduce viewers to the setting. Time will tell how the fillers are handled.
Of course, my biggest fear is going to be if the anime teams starts making to many changing to what happened in the manga and ruin the amazing atmosphere the manga created. Not that I'm going to let that dampen my excitement for this show.
Actually after the first two episodes she was ok. A few moments here and there but nothing too unreasonable. You do get a bad first impression of her though.
As for filler, I think that's ok but timeline wise it might get difficult. Railgun still has to work with the Index timeline so it would take some maneuvering to get into a position where they could find a time to have the filler material. First season managed to fix that by making set before Index technically began but this one can't do that.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 08:08   Link #750
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Railgun>Index (Oh snap here comes the LN fanboys).
Exactly what is your impression of this forum?
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 08:54   Link #751
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Actually after the first two episodes she was ok. A few moments here and there but nothing too unreasonable. You do get a bad first impression of her though.
As for filler, I think that's ok but timeline wise it might get difficult. Railgun still has to work with the Index timeline so it would take some maneuvering to get into a position where they could find a time to have the filler material. First season managed to fix that by making set before Index technically began but this one can't do that.
Once the plot starts moving and Kuroko is called into action, she is fine. It is only the down time when nothing is happening and the anime team goes overboard with her love for Misaka. I agree the first couple episodes are the worst.

There are gaps time wise in the arc, where could be placed without breaking up the pace of the story. Mostly near the beginning of the arc before things get serious. We'll see how the filler is handled. I think timeline wise, it makes sense to have the filler material placed so the season ends with the sister arc ending.

Of course, if the anime team decides to finally animate one of the side stories novels packed in with the Index DVD, they could fill up the whole season with minimal filler.

Thinking about side story pack-ins, and assuming the DVDs of Railgun S will have a side story packed-in as well, who do you think will be the focus of the story?
I'm not sure who I would want to hear more of.
Old 2013-03-31, 10:06   Link #752
tsunade666

The thing I don't like aside from filler in the first season is they change some scene in the manga that connects it on index series. Its like they are making a whole new story. they tried to integrate it but already failed when they change some scenes. specially the beginning scene of index anime/ln series. Though they pushed it too far when they show the date and time when the series ended. they ended it one day before sister arc starts. But look at the pv. It doesn't show any indication that they will continue there at all from the beginning. Its like they throw away that one for introductions sake but I don't really mind because Index II did it too on their first episode.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:26   Link #753
Goldzero

whats great about the raildex franchise is the fact that it is consider a respected series where almost no fans in railgun or index ever complain about comparing each other anime..... but sadly there are a few who do it just to start an argument and prove a point despite its a matter of personal taste. ^ well i do agree what jc staff is doing is pretty stupid sometimes but overall they still manage to make quite a huge profit despite the reasons and still make the series look great.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:41   Link #754
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
^ well i do agree what jc staff is doing is pretty stupid sometimes but overall they still manage to make quite a huge profit despite the reasons and still make the series look great.
JC Staff is the contracted company to produce the animation. The complaints regarding the inclusion of non-manga material and alteration of the timeline are due to the director (Nagai) and series composer (Minakami) attempting to make the series into a suitable format for television given the constraints they have (22 minute episodes/24 episodes total). It is not likely they are allowed to make any changes without the approval of the Dengeki staff, including Kamachi.

Edit: Here are the companies who are involved in the financing of Railgun S in the order they appeared in the production committe:
Geneon Universal Entertainment
Warner Home Video and Digital Distribution
Ascii Media Works
AT-X
Movic
J.C. Staff

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2013-03-31 at 13:25.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 13:18   Link #755
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
whats great about the raildex franchise is the fact that it is consider a respected series where almost no fans in railgun or index ever complain about comparing each other anime..... but sadly there are a few who do it just to start an argument and prove a point despite its a matter of personal taste. ^ well i do agree what jc staff is doing is pretty stupid sometimes but overall they still manage to make quite a huge profit despite the reasons and still make the series look great.
I personally consider railgun and index one big series, and don't really have any preference between the two. Both have there own unique characteristics, but that is what makes them both worth watching. It wouldn't be quite as interesting if both shows were adapted exactly the same way. As a fan I just want the anime for both index and railgun to do the series justice.

Sorry if it looked like I was trying to start an argument. I'm just really worked up now that Railgun S is so close to airing.
Old 2013-03-31, 13:47   Link #756
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Exactly what is your impression of this forum?
I wonder too, that sounds like something one would say on MAL or ANN.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 13:50   Link #757
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: Here are the companies who are involved in the financing of Railgun S in the order they appeared in the production committe:
Geneon Universal Entertainment
Warner Home Video and Digital Distribution
Ascii Media Works
AT-X
Movic
J.C. Staff
BTW, after the Kadokawa merging thing, how will it go? I mean, for a future project involving basically the same people, will we still have ASCII Media Works listed in the production committee members or will it be Kadokawa?
Old 2013-03-31, 14:15   Link #758
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
I personally consider railgun and index one big series, and don't really have any preference between the two. Both have there own unique characteristics, but that is what makes them both worth watching. It wouldn't be quite as interesting if both shows were adapted exactly the same way. As a fan I just want the anime for both index and railgun to do the series justice.

Sorry if it looked like I was trying to start an argument. I'm just really worked up now that Railgun S is so close to airing.
i believe thats why they give the nickname RAILDEX because if you think about it even jc staff the anime creators think its a one big franchise combine and seeing as how all the characters interact with each other in their own series kinda shows you its like a combine series but with their own perspective in their lives.
Old 2013-03-31, 14:29   Link #759
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
BTW, after the Kadokawa merging thing, how will it go? I mean, for a future project involving basically the same people, will we still have ASCII Media Works listed in the production committee members or will it be Kadokawa?
I'm not exactly sure what they'll do. I can see it stating "KADOKAWA" since everything will be merged into that company similar to how Kadokawa Pictures has just become "Kadokawa Shoten" on committee credits, but different portions of Kadokawa had differing labels under production committees in the past. Ascii will just be a division things are published under.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 14:37   Link #760
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
i believe thats why they give the nickname RAILDEX because if you think about it even jc staff the anime creators think its a one big franchise combine and seeing as how all the characters interact with each other in their own series kinda shows you its like a combine series but with their own perspective in their lives.
Thats a name the fans came up with.

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel