AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 21:22   Link #301
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I'm not upset. This ep has a lot for me to take in. Overall, I think it points towards a Sheryl/Alto ending, but I don't really feel like arguing right now because my heart hurts so badly for Sheryl at the moment.
Sheryl is experiencing what my friend calls Misa Hayase syndrome

if the trend continues she'll probably sing one of Ranka's songs the next episode
Old 2008-09-11, 21:25   Link #302
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Sheryl is experiencing what my friend calls Misa Hayase syndrome

if the trend continues she'll probably sing one of Ranka's songs the next episode
Hm... that sounds nice. I hope it's Aimo. I'm really damn tired of that song but hearing a different vocal for it might spice things up.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:33   Link #303
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
*throws more fuel into the fire*

Flashback of Ranshe and Grace arguing while Ranka and Brera watches...

Ranka : "Why are our moms fighting?"

I imagine Brera saying : " who is my mom you traitor " ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
It's hilarious to see how much Seifall's posts really upset Sheryl fans this much. It's one poster's opinion! Get over it! Ranka fans have to deal with like twenty pro-Sheryl Seifalls on a daily basis lol
Really ,one opinion in sheryl's land and they want so bad to keep my big trap
shut !! Get over it! He is right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
ha-ha. Aneeshdac also diagrees. However, I do see the point you are both making even if I didn't come to a similar conclusion. As I've said, my opinion isn't a very popular one.

It's good to see you are enjoying yourself Seifall. Just try not to rub it in too much out of consideration. Be a good sport. The twist and turn thus far in the series hasn't followed a consistent line, so the remaining two episode can lean toward any conclusion. All we can do is to hold our breath and enjoy the ride. Good night!
You're right, I enjoyed myself too much it seems that the smiley were too expressive of my humor ^^
All we can do is to hold our breath and enjoy the ride. Good night! !! Yes goodnight it was fun!! I hope it will be like that for the last ones
Be a good sport. like I am with ... my consciousness
I'm just joking here,people should know it by now, and really it's an anime we are here to laugh not to age out of frustration !!
So let's enjoy the show .
Old 2008-09-11, 21:39   Link #304
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Any Kawamori-fan will be very proud of him because of how he has gotten his audience invest so much of their emotion to his story. My opinion isn't one of the popular one, unfortunately, but I'll give it anyway.
Well, when all is said and done, it's entertainment after all...

Quote:
When Klan asked, "Alto, sore ga omae` no ai ka?"... she isn't exactly asking Alto who is he going to pick for his romantic interest, rather, .. she is making a very sad observation. Let me elaborate. Does Alto like Sheryl? Yes. Does Alto like Ranka? Yes. Alto also likes the people who chooses to live in this fragile world. Alto is declaring that he wouldn't mind killing one of his loved one if it means avoiding mass destruction for those people. From that line of thought, it seems, Alto's definition of "love" is too vast, so it renders him unable to be tied down by the affection of one or two people. I think that's what Klan realizes just now, and Sheryl has been into such realization for some time already. They can love him all they want, but he is incapable of returning it to either of them to their liking because of his scope of perception.
Alto's revelation seems kinda incomplete to me. However, I think part of what he was running away from was he said he didn't like Frontier, but actually he really does care about the place.

btw, my interpretation of Sheryl's line was not "I understood" but "I knew" - knew that Alto likes/loved Ranka more than her (maybe that's why she teased him so bad). And though she knew, she hopes for Alto to still be kind to her, for just a bit longer. I kinda get the feeling from the preview that she's nearly at death's door - she's not exactly trying to live as long as possible.

Quote:
I will also be tremendously surprised if Kawamori chooses to kill either of these popular heroine, Sheryl and Ranka. Fans of these characters may not have anything to worry about for them to kick the bucket, however, the fans who have shipping in mind may end up becoming disappointed.
Well, I think Alto was rather "genre smart" this episode. I mean, right at the start he refuses to talk about girls with his team-mates due to the "Valkyrie jink"... and by declaring he's willing to kill Ranka, he's pretty much just guaranteed her survival

And next ep is rather "final battle"-ish, but given that there's a good few eps left, that allows for some final twists...
Old 2008-09-11, 21:41   Link #305
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

I also noticed that Sheryl missed half of the conversation right? Alto was talking to Klan and when she opened the door, the convo got to the part where everyone is saying he claimed he loves Ranka. :S
Old 2008-09-11, 21:50   Link #306
MaiHikari

Saw the episodes, a few thoughts:

Spoiler for 23:
Old 2008-09-11, 21:55   Link #307
wolfboy
:3

^^ Nice analysis. Saturday's so far away...
Old 2008-09-11, 22:04   Link #308
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Saw the episodes, a few thoughts:

Spoiler for 23:
Great analysis and thank goodness. Another who gets the whole Alto/Klan conversation.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-11, 22:21   Link #309
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Agreed. Right now most of us are just feeling the pain that Sheryl is going through. We hate seeing our queen getting kicked to the curb with every passing episode.
no other words to add....
Old 2008-09-11, 22:29   Link #310
Tabris

Is it another week of childish Sheryl fanboys voting the episode as a 1 because everyone's favourite songstress doesn't play a starring role, or is it genuinely bad?

I totally forgot that Macross aired tonight, so I'll be watching it first thing when I wake up.
Old 2008-09-11, 22:31   Link #311
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Is it another week of childish Sheryl fanboys voting the episode as a 1 because everyone's favourite songstress doesn't play a starring role, or is it genuinely bad?

I totally forgot that Macross aired tonight, so I'll be watching it first thing when I wake up.
haha, sorry, for me, i take the definition of painful to its core....it was painful to watch the episode...call me fanboy if u want
Old 2008-09-11, 22:32   Link #312
Key Board
Carbon

I think Macross Frontier will end like no other Macross before it.

They'll actually manage to freaking colonize a planet at the end of their journey
Old 2008-09-11, 22:35   Link #313
MaiHikari

one more thing to note:

Spoiler for paper plane:

It's rather lame to see it as a shipping argument for RankaxAlto. (you know who I'm talking about)
Old 2008-09-11, 22:39   Link #314
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:

I'm a fangirl, not a fanBOY
Old 2008-09-11, 23:17   Link #315
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
I'm a fangirl, not a fanBOY
That's what happens when people generalize.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-11, 23:21   Link #316
Elehayym

Quote:
Does anyone find it interesting that Ranka referred to Grace and Ranshe as "our mothers" to Brera in the beginning of the episode? Could Grace be Brera's mother? Are they not related, after all?
I don't think she meant "our mothers", tachi after a word is also used to generally indicate the other people there, so in this case "mama tachi" would be "mom and the other person there" (= Grace). It's pretty common to see it used like this, sorry if my explanation is crappy but dunno how to say it better in english It' also used a lot after first names, for example "Alto tachi" would be Alto and the others, and so on :O
Old 2008-09-11, 23:31   Link #317
golthin

Quote:

5 people scored this episode a 1 because they made sheryl cry! jeez!
Old 2008-09-11, 23:42   Link #318
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
I don't think she meant "our mothers", tachi after a word is also used to generally indicate the other people there, so in this case "mama tachi" would be "mom and the other person there" (= Grace). It's pretty common to see it used like this, sorry if my explanation is crappy but dunno how to say it better in english It' also used a lot after first names, for example "Alto tachi" would be Alto and the others, and so on :O
Oh no, I get you, thanks for telling me. Oh well, it was a rather sweet but short-lived dream for this ship. *is actually supporting Brera x Ranka from the shadows*
Old 2008-09-11, 23:49   Link #319
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Why did Ranka call Grace and Ranshe "our moms" if she and Brera are sibblings? quite confusing really--and why was it Ranka's fault the vajra attacked 11 years ago?
Well the tachi suffix means the person with others.

So mama-tachi means Ranshe with Grace. Not that Grace is Ranka or Brera's mother.
Old 2008-09-11, 23:49   Link #320
MaiHikari

Quote:
Oh no, I get you, thanks for telling me. Oh well, it was a rather sweet but short-lived dream for this ship. *is actually supporting Brera x Ranka from the shadows*
yeah, so was I. Brera deserves something for all the sacrifices he made for Ranka, other than "gome ne~ oniichan"

Spoiler for Brera:
Closed Thread