AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-04, 11:46   Link #21
blue skies
noch einmal?

@Kanon78 -- Infinite Ryvius looks cool. I like that kid's spandex. Thank you very much!

@TinyRedLeaf -- Thank you for the Ghibli suggestions, they both look wonderful. Anything featuring a pig gets an automatic watch from me, and Only Yesterday looks particularly good. The background information is great to know too, thanks again -- and I'll be sure not to miss that sunrise.

@Kafriel -- I've seen Death Note and FMA, though I didn't bother with the second season. (There's a handful of other stuff I've seen and didn't list because I'm lazy and inadequate.) But Casshern SINS caught my eye months ago and I never got around to it -- I love its old school look. I'll add it to my list, thanks. Glad to hear you're following Monster too -- it's all kinds of awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare View Post
Why not try Baccano! while you're at it?
This looks like a good time. Will definitely watch; many thanks. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
No, it's not anything like Elfen Lied--though, if you can tolerate the high levels of fanservice, the Elfen Lied manga is infinitely better than the anime. For one, it has an actual plot, it's not as cutesy most of the time, but the fanservice gets squicky and can enter into the "I'm not sure whether to be uncomfy or turned on" territory (especially concerning Nyuu's casual sexual assault habits).
I don't have a problem with fanservice, except when it's gratuitous or it detracts from the plot -- which, imo, was the case with Elfen Lied. I didn't hate the anime, but I think I read too many reviews and was expecting something else, I guess. The fanservice was far from the only problem I had with it, but it sounds like the manga might be closer to what I expected -- especially if there's some semblance of a plot and it's not so damn cute all the time. I might check it out later -- thanks again.

Quote:
In Higurashi there really are only two* lolis, and one of them is definitely not what she seems. Every other major character is either an adult or a teenager. The story does get lighthearted at times, but that only makes the depravity and darkness hit that much harder later on.

Spoiler for spoilery!:
Spoiler for kya~:

Higurashi still seems intriguing, but I think I might wait a while before I decide on this one. Chances are I'll end up checking it out when I've depleted my growing list of series to watch.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your awesome suggestions!
Old 2009-08-04, 15:45   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
Anything featuring a pig gets an automatic watch from me

Charady's Daily Joke
Old 2009-08-05, 16:22   Link #23
AnarchicQ

Send a message via AIM to AnarchicQ Send a message via MSN to AnarchicQ
Boogiepop Phantom is my all time favorite anime. It's a mind-screw.
Perfect Blue also, a mind screw.
Old 2009-08-05, 19:10   Link #24
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
If you like Honey and Clover I'll recommend Maison Ikkoku.

Fullmetal Alchemist is pretty thought provoking. (Both the first series and the current one)

Cross Game is currently airing, and has a lot of the baseball nostalgic air about it. (Plus a pretty big twist in the first episode)

Chrono Crusade is a possibility, not sure how you'll react to it, but it's certainly a little bizzare with plenty of, WTH?? moments.
Closed Thread