Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-12, 16:09   Link #2781
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Me too ;_;. The good old days of OD vs kagato vs Ichigo & Rukia vs Endrance vs Sinta vs Scarlett vs blue skies vs Nervous Venus vs me vs Hiro Inazuma vs trizzy vs Kakashi vs HEROINEx [not really versus but you get the picture :P); plus even monir jumping in on ocassion to break up the fights . Good times, good times. I shall miss them
You left me out you bish, lol jk
Old 2009-08-12, 16:33   Link #2782
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
I got it! Aizen has given us all the illusion Orihime is pathetic. Because he knows she has the power to snap her fingers and reject him from even being born, so he made us all hate her in order to save his ass. She will be too frustrated with all this hatred to focus on managing to defeat Aizen.

Damn, that guy is really sneaky!

Let's all cheer Orihime! She will gather our power in a huge reject reiatsu-dama and undo Aizen in two chapters and finaly end this dreadful story.
Old 2009-08-12, 17:14   Link #2783
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak
Me too ;_;. The good old days of OD vs kagato vs Ichigo & Rukia vs Endrance vs Sinta vs Scarlett vs blue skies vs Nervous Venus vs me vs Hiro Inazuma vs trizzy vs Kakashi vs HEROINEx [not really versus but you get the picture :P); plus even monir jumping in on ocassion to break up the fights . Good times, good times. I shall miss them
I'm still here, and I still love you all! Well. Most of you. But now I mostly just lurk and chuckle at the occasional post filled with rage and br00tal hatred. It was pretty fun to go at it with some of your guys, though. ;>

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
She's obviously stupid, and honestly bleach would be kind of boring without her quirky personality. I have a feeling she'll get a more meaningful role before the aizen saga is over.
Orihime's not stupid in the least. She's a stereotypical ditzy chick with huge knockers, but she's far from stupid. She's ranked pretty high in her class, and she's easily the most perceptive and intuitive person in this cast of oblivious characters -- she always seems to know what's best for her friends, and picks up on things no one else does. I've always thought that part of Orihime's ditzy persona is due (at least a little) to the act she puts on around everyone; pretending to be happy when she's not, smiling til it hurts, trying to keep her emotions in check, etc... She's got a tendency to put on a happy face for everybody else and hide how she really feels -- and I've actually seen some people here and there say she's stupid for that, too. Which is just silly; feeling inadequate or hiding your pain doesn't make you stupid, it can just make you a bit of an emotional wreck. And of course, being a quirky goofball is part of her personality, but she's much more complex than just being a dumb klutz. She seems to know what's best for everyone but herself.

I really don't mean to rant at anyone in particular; I just still get kind of butthurt when people call Orihime stupid. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan2577396
Let's all cheer Orihime! She will gather our power in a huge reject reiatsu-dama and undo Aizen in two chapters and finaly end this dreadful story.
I'd be down with that.

But only if she somehow brings Ulquiorra back with some of our power and they walk off into the sunset and have cute little mutant arrancar/human babies.
Old 2009-08-12, 17:32   Link #2784
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Spoiler for blue skies:

Glad you caught that, was a typo it seems lol. If i wanted to argue that i would have added a coordinating conjunction like but instead of and. Oops
Old 2009-08-12, 19:29   Link #2785
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
You're entitled to your opinion of course but you allow me I hope to humbly disagree. Ichigo has shown change in regards to how he acts with Rukia, his acceptence of his hollow side, and his desire to seek power for the sake of it. Simply ichigo HAS developed, whether that is good, bad or indifferent. (I'm simplifying I understand that) Rukia got a great deal of development during her fight with "Kaien" which I remind you is the only real screen time she got. The heart discussion and finally being able to truly let go of her guilt were both HUGE for Rukia from a character aspect. They finally enabled her to move on. I could ramble on but I think I've made my point. At least I hope I have, it is late after all.

Back to inoue's development. While I do think there was some introduction to conflict that could of lead to Inoue's development none of the fruits of those conflict has manifest. she hasn't accomplished a single thing she set out to do. She didn't want to rely on Ichigo. That didn't happen. She wanted to get rid of her jealously of Rukia, it hasn't been touch on again so I'm going to assume that has not changed. Basically she is the same as she was at the start of the manga. A happy go lucky girl who is love with the main character. I don't fault her for it but its very disappointing in my opinion especially considering it is or was her arc.

Alright, I'll concede that Ichigo has indeed changed in a few regards, even if it doesn't seem that way because he just comes off as a bigger douche with every passing chapter.

It's also true that Orihime's growth or change is hardly incremental like Ichigo's has been. That's due in part to the different nature of their struggles. Orihime having her inner obstacles to overcome while Ichigo is just trying to tap in to as much power as he can in whatever way possible.

I would also agree that she hasn't accomplished any of the things she set out to do, but that doesn't mean she hasn't made any progress, after all her powers have visibly improved. Also her Hearts speech shouldn't be ignored (she is now braver than she once was because of her belief in her friends). Nor should the way she touched and changed Ulquiorra, and vice versa. In other aspects of course the progress has been less visible, however her area of improvement, like blue implied above, is more complicated than for others. Lastly, her arc hasn't finished yet, not by a long shot, logically evidenced by the fact this latest fight has somehow raised more questions and issues for her than there were prior. Either Kubo is a complete retard who doesn't know what he's doing at all, or he plans to take things further.

I guess I can try to tell you all I want how *technically* Orihime has developed, but in the end I can understand that it still doesn't feel like she has. So, one thing we can both probably agree on, is that the execution has been shit.

You'll have to forgive me for still being a bit fascinated by her, eh.
Old 2009-08-12, 20:34   Link #2786
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Orhime just seems to be the standard damsel in distress, when you think about it, in the HM Arc she basically replaced Rukia who was filling those shoes during the SS arc. Then again she isn't really a fighter, but finds herself in those types of situations. so it's alll her fault.
Old 2009-08-12, 23:28   Link #2787
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You left me out you bish, lol jk
Can't believe I forgot the epic debater HT-sama xD. Fixed lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
I'm still here, and I still love you all! Well. Most of you. But now I mostly just lurk and chuckle at the occasional post filled with rage and br00tal hatred. It was pretty fun to go at it with some of your guys, though. ;>
Yeah, the meat of the topic has pretty much dissolved, since we've argued about everything. Except crack pairings . OrihimexYammamoto anyone? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
Orihime's not stupid in the least. She's a stereotypical ditzy chick with huge knockers, but she's far from stupid. She's ranked pretty high in her class, and she's easily the most perceptive and intuitive person in this cast of oblivious characters -- she always seems to know what's best for her friends, and picks up on things no one else does. I've always thought that part of Orihime's ditzy persona is due (at least a little) to the act she puts on around everyone; pretending to be happy when she's not, smiling til it hurts, trying to keep her emotions in check, etc... She's got a tendency to put on a happy face for everybody else and hide how she really feels -- and I've actually seen some people here and there say she's stupid for that, too. Which is just silly; feeling inadequate or hiding your pain doesn't make you stupid, it can just make you a bit of an emotional wreck. And of course, being a quirky goofball is part of her personality, but she's much more complex than just being a dumb klutz. She seems to know what's best for everyone but herself.

I really don't mean to rant at anyone in particular; I just still get kind of butthurt when people call Orihime stupid. :/
Refreshing to read another blue post . Reminds me of old times
Old 2009-08-13, 00:02   Link #2788
kamyu

Quote:
Yeah, the meat of the topic has pretty much dissolved, since we've argued about everything. Except crack pairings . OrihimexYammamoto anyone? :3
Old 2009-08-13, 00:37   Link #2789
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Old 2009-08-13, 02:14   Link #2790
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
*snip
I lol'd. Then I saw his teeth, 2nd round of lols ensued.
Old 2009-08-13, 12:01   Link #2791
Scarlett_Rain55

You forgot warchef too cloak! That boy was just fierce!
Old 2009-08-13, 15:27   Link #2792
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
I've never seen anyone banned so many times on that thread lol
Old 2009-08-13, 18:07   Link #2793
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Srsly, have you ever heared of this one?
"When the roof burns, the cellar is all wet"
Old 2009-08-13, 20:49   Link #2794
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
With a name like Warchef it's no suprise he was fierce . He spiced things up though
Old 2009-08-13, 21:20   Link #2795
Scarlett_Rain55

He had a soft spot for me. <3
Old 2009-08-14, 00:01   Link #2796
NotWarchef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I've never seen anyone banned so many times on that thread lol
I agree. Man, that guy was such a douchebag. Seriously, I bet he kicks puppies and punches babies daily..
Old 2009-08-14, 00:02   Link #2797
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ I wonder where this new guy came from, he's definitely not Warchef...

Old 2009-08-14, 00:15   Link #2798
akire_and_atem

tell me about this Warchef guy, I need some lols in my life :P
Old 2009-08-14, 08:53   Link #2799
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He had a soft spot for me. <3
One must have respect for the creator of the thread , or we jump on him like rabid zombie bunnies. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
^ I wonder where this new guy came from, he's definitely not Warchef...
LOL, hahahaaha, good one sabaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
tell me about this Warchef guy, I need some lols in my life :P
Skip back to page 1 and read till around 80-smthn, you'll get a taste of the nuclear war that was this thread lol. With Warchef right in the middle .
Old 2009-08-14, 09:10   Link #2800
NotWarchef
Banned

Lies! I don't see him posting that much in this thread.

In the shipping threads, yeah.

*This Animesuki post was sponsored by NotWarchef.*
*Any relation to the real Warchef, living or dead, is completely coincidental.*

Last edited by NotWarchef; 2009-08-14 at 09:11. Reason: Oh god, the errors!
Closed Thread