AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-20, 16:09   Link #61
Dextro
He Without a Title

Yes, that episode was more like it. Less questionable fanservice and creeps and more awesome racing with eurobeat in the background. I was even OK with the Angel's bits since they were used to develop the female lead instead of being meant for us to ogle at the pretty girls.
Old 2023-11-20, 23:38   Link #62
HandofFate

finally we get to some good old fashioned Initial D shenanigans
Old 2023-11-21, 12:48   Link #63
Chosen_Hero

LMAO at everyone complaining about the fictional character saying he's into 17 year old highschool girls, in a anime of all things.

With that said, the episode was great, glad to see that they did mention the fact that Kanata might have perfect memory (it was pretty obvious from the very beginning), that alongside his intelligence and his driving skills are a potent combination.
Old 2023-11-26, 16:58   Link #64
Uribatake

So Keisuke was the one who shot tutorial videos and set records for all MFG courses. Good to know he's still an excellent racer. And Kenta is still sucking up to him, but at least he's useful at the real estate division.

I really enjoyed how the race ended, but with only three episodes left, we probably won't see the next one unless this show gets a second season. I hope it does.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 17:53   Link #65
HandofFate

well, no big upsets, and wow at how many episodes they devoted to just one race.
guess they're playing the long game though.
I don't much care about the other drivers other than the sister/brother pair
Old 2023-12-02, 04:22   Link #66
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

OK, I'm caught up after missing 2 episodes due to traveling.

This was kind of expected to see Beckenbauer take first. No contest. But he's a detestful character, not even showing up to the podium.

Kanata did well coming from way behind to move up several spots. How did the other cars/teams not know he was fast approaching in the fog? Surely that's what the drones are there for right? Or even just hearing a car approaching?

As usual, the scenes with the race queens weren't that great. Perhaps the only good scene was when the female driver gave Kanata a hug at the end.

So there's a full year of races and we've spent 9 episodes on just the first race. This better not drag on like Shingeki no Kyojin did.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-03, 15:41   Link #67
Decel

This upgrade episode turned out as expected, and we get the good old Initial D explanations.

The preview however is worrisome. Aren't we 2 episodes away from the season/series end? Are they going to rush the next race into 2 eps?
Old 2023-12-04, 02:22   Link #68
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I could care less about that "No. 4" driver. Is he going to participate in the future races? What if he ditches his current 17 year old and gets another one, and low and behold, her birthday falls on another race day?
Old 2023-12-04, 07:52   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
This upgrade episode turned out as expected, and we get the good old Initial D explanations.

The preview however is worrisome. Aren't we 2 episodes away from the season/series end? Are they going to rush the next race into 2 eps?
Maybe not an MFG race, but an old-fashioned street duel?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-04, 11:51   Link #70
Decel

Ah yes, I didn't think about that alternative.
Old 2023-12-10, 14:13   Link #71
Decel

What an odd place, narratively speaking, to end the season, if the remaining qualifiers are on the last episode.

Either the season's second cour starts right after or in spring. I don't see how they'd leave a greater gap than this.

That being said, it's somewhat interesting if a cour covers a single race, going forward.
Old 2023-12-11, 21:13   Link #72
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I kinda freaked out seeing an actual Denny's on the screen and not Benny's or whatever it ends up being called.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-12, 03:50   Link #73
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I kinda freaked out seeing an actual Denny's on the screen and not Benny's or whatever it ends up being called.
On the other hand, Pirelli and Mobil weren't on board so they got the knockoff brand treatment
Old 2023-12-17, 16:20   Link #74
Uribatake

Woo-hoo, next season coming up in 2024! I knew they wouldn't let the show end at such an awkward place, not to mention we've yet to get the Itsuki, Iketani and Kenji cameos we were promised.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 18:38   Link #75
Decel

Wow I somehow expected the whole qualifiers to end the season, but this is not a bad setting. Having qualifiers + race with some story/filler padding per cour is a decent tempo.

I just hope the sequel arrives sooner than fall 2024. Ideally would have liked the typical split-cour with a single seasonal break.
Old 2023-12-18, 04:08   Link #76
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

So Kanata has a photographic or eidetic memory which has been serving him well. That was quite the conversation with the host mother.

Host father still doesn't suspect his own daughter is an MFG Angel?

See you all back sometime in 2024.
Old 2023-12-18, 21:26   Link #77
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Host father still doesn't suspect his own daughter is an MFG Angel?
He knows, and he's proud of it too. There was an interaction with the mother in the early eps about it.
Old 2024-01-06, 19:42   Link #78
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Didn't know this was running until some Youtube videos popped up. The animations and the cars' movements are so terrible.

Give me back the old school Initial D 4th/5th Stage battles.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
racing