AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-08, 22:40   Link #61
grecefar

I doubt it, I think it will be that they want in and give their blessing to mukoda in exchange of food.

It's nice to see the protagonist having new gear, it would be cool if he can change the outfit too but this will do.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-14, 20:23   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There's really only so much to do with the cast they've got. Even adding the slime only slightly helped. It doesn't help either that the main character is kind of an idiot. Like oh no, he's rich now. Bandits might bother him...What? He does realize the only people that could seriously threaten him right now are like legendary heroes right? Actual legends, not the goofy people he was summoned alongside. Maybe he's worried about seeing people getting slaughtered or melted into mush, but I didn't get that impression.

The show is still fine. Nothing amazing, but it passes the time pretty well.
Old 2023-03-14, 21:58   Link #63
grecefar

Sui cuteness and the food is what keeps me here but yeah the lack of character hits a lot, that's why it would be good if the goddesses at least become more frecuent.
Old 2023-03-15, 20:47   Link #64
Alchemist007
*Author

You have to turn your brain into Sui's when you watch this, I say that in the nicest way possible.
Old 2023-03-17, 17:57   Link #65
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
There's really only so much to do with the cast they've got. Even adding the slime only slightly helped. It doesn't help either that the main character is kind of an idiot. Like oh no, he's rich now. Bandits might bother him...What? He does realize the only people that could seriously threaten him right now are like legendary heroes right? Actual legends, not the goofy people he was summoned alongside. Maybe he's worried about seeing people getting slaughtered or melted into mush, but I didn't get that impression.

The show is still fine. Nothing amazing, but it passes the time pretty well.
The funny thing is that he started out as a clever and decisive. He figured his way out of the summoning mess and got out of town while the getting was good. But ever since he met Fenrir his brain has pretty much turned to mush.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-19, 23:23   Link #66
Strahan

Yea, it's a little irritating. Like his whining about the 5,000 gold in the last episode. Seriously? For Christ's sake man, stop being a wuss. With your item box it's not like anyone would know you are rich; you aren't walking around with sacks of coins. Then there is the fear of going into the cave or near the herd of cows. We're ten episodes in; you'd think by now he would have grasped the fact that with those two around, he has nothing to stress over lol. I thought their reactions to Pepsi was funny. I also was surprised it was "Pepsi" and not like "Papsi" or something, I guess they aren't worried about IP issues. I'm more used to seeing the funny hacks of major brands, like Somy and Sudoh-bucks such lol. It would've been amusing if the writer had made it cause some sort of reaction in Sui, since he's like a liquid himself. Make him drunk or act weird or something, that'd have been funny.

It was cool seeing more goddesses get involved. Funny two how their hunger for junk food led them to basically force feed him blessings. Again with his whining, lol. Who cares if people see multiple blessings? Just say you don't know what happened; they're gods after all. Not like us mortals can explain them. I'd be trying to talk them into regular blessings, not minor ones. Tempt them by saying ok, minor blessings gets you off the shelf stuff. A regular blessing will get home cooked food as well lol. They may get yelled at by the creator god, but that's not my problem

Ninrir is still the cutest goddess though, I'd be happy to stick with her heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 10:55   Link #67
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I also was surprised it was "Pepsi" and not like "Papsi" or something, I guess they aren't worried about IP issues.
They are not; Campfire Cooking's production committee has sponsorship deals with brands like Suntory and KraftHeinz to feature their brands in the anime. I understand that Suntory distributes Pepsi in Japan, hence no IP problem.
https://tondemoskill-anime.com/#cooperation
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 20:00   Link #68
grecefar

I agree with mukodah, sui becoming more like fer is bad...

I didn't expect to see the other three, they are in for a big surprise if they met again.
Old 2023-03-21, 23:07   Link #69
Magewolf

If he hates having money so much why is he trying to sell stuff?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 23:20   Link #70
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I may have to watch this series soon. Want to look on how far the series is keeping up since I love reading the manga.

Hopefully, the timeline is also reasonable.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 22:43   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

On one level I get it. In his shoes I probably wouldn't be keen about going off to fight wyverns. But at the same time...we're 11 episodes in. He knows Fel can take of this without breaking a sweat. What's he worried about?

Probably a good thing for Sui to be more like Fel. More characters in this group need some guts. One character freaking out quite a bit is probably enough .

At least the heroes don't seem like bad people. In their own ways worried about the MC. Which admittedly is fair considering all the things going right for him and he's still freaking out quite often. Almost feel bad that they can't find a good meal. But they seem to be having a decent time themselves.
Old 2023-03-22, 23:02   Link #72
Strahan

Yea, his weak knee attitude is a little grating. I like how Fel talks smack about him in the manga, lol

I hope the other isekai'd folk hook up with him in the last episode. I always find the "holy God how did you end up like this?" scenes amusing in these shows. Plus given they specifically pointed out the bad food I'm sure they probably will, then be totally blown away by the food he makes

May make them reconsider the online store thing being useless heh.
Old 2023-03-23, 13:58   Link #73
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I hope the other isekai'd folk hook up with him in the last episode. I always find the "holy God how did you end up like this?" scenes amusing in these shows. Plus given they specifically pointed out the bad food I'm sure they probably will, then be totally blown away by the food he makes
I went back and watched the coda scene of episode 11 again. It's actually set quite a bit further on in the web novel storyline. Spoiler ahead, although it doesn't affect the anime or even the manga storyline:

Spoiler for minor details:
Old 2023-03-28, 19:40   Link #74
Strahan

Given how often he runs into the "we cannot afford to buy all these materials" issue, and given that he already is swimming in money, I'd just tell them fine... keep all materials save meat on what I bring in and just maintain a ledger and as you butcher stuff, deduct those fees from the ledger. Then he can arrange to withdraw smaller allotments of funds if he needs to buy something. Seems like an easy solution. Granted, you are at risk of them fudging numbers to screw you but given how he seems to be allergic to getting paid I don't think he'd care lol

The beef stew sounded interesting. Pretty different than how I make beef stew. I want to try that recipe. I wish they would also mention quantities, but I can probably just Google it and find something similar. I guess I'll have to settle for beef though, I don't know of any butcher around here that carries wyvern

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
I went back and watched the coda scene of episode 11 again. It's actually set quite a bit further on in the web novel storyline. Spoiler ahead, although it doesn't affect the anime or even the manga storyline:

Spoiler for minor details:
Interesting, I'll have to look for the novels.
Old 2023-03-28, 20:40   Link #75
Decel

8/10, fun series.

Mukodah whines a tad too much, and things seems to slow down too much when they hang out in town for too long, but the various side characters have personality and the cooking is fun.

The cast being on an adventure and the cooking are the best parts. Looking forward to more if they ever follow up.
Old 2023-03-28, 20:50   Link #76
grecefar

It was fun but I guess the problem was the lack of party characters for mukoudah, the first party was great and it would've been great if they stayed but it ended with only fer and sui, so with fer being to OP and giving him everything he wanted to avoid it makes him look bad and whiny.

still sui is a treasure and the food part was enjoyable, 7/10.
Old 2023-03-29, 23:12   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The show was alright. I do think the party size limited things for them. Mostly since everyone settled into their position for most of the show. Sui was a treasure, which certainly helped. The MC was a bit too whiny to get behind. He started off pretty well realizing that he should bail on that kingdom in a hurry. Actually seemed pretty proactive and sensible. But while Fel is cool...the situations they got into led to the MC just losing his mind in almost every situation.

But it wasn't that bad. A good bit of hilarity of him still ending up with all these blessings and one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) being in that world as a companion. A pretty easy going show overall. And it remained easy going even with Fel going off to fight insane enemies in order to score more raw materials for cooking .

Probably a 6.5/10 for me. Little below average, but not too bad.
Old 2023-03-30, 22:27   Link #78
Alchemist007
*Author

Turn your brain off and watch comfy kind of show; not plot heavy at all. Could've used more of the goddesses presence though .

7/10
Old 2024-01-20, 20:48   Link #79
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Just started watching this.

Can't get used to Ainz-sama's voice as a furry.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 19:38   Link #80
Strahan

Yea, it is pretty funny when distinctive voices pop up in weird ways