AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-14, 12:12   Link #121
Frontier

Nice to see Theodisia still freeing her fellow sisters from being used by humans...and even better that she finally runs into her ACTUAL sister Euphemia! Who is working with Risley for the same purpose! They're even heading to the capital so Risley can meet Yogiri! I hope they survive !

We see a glimpse of just how powerful Sion is. She's constantly leveling up and restoring herself, and can revive herself if she's killed. Fukai, as discount Yogiri, didn't stand a chance against her. But if Yogiri ceased her existence, would that stop her ?

Is there any point teaching ethics and morals to something akin to a God? Maybe it's better just to make sure they have rules they can abide and live by, especially if it means they can use their powers to kill their momentum and save themselves .

Mana is free and Lute paid the price, but at least he managed to save Hanakawa in the end .

Man, Yogiri really is looking for any excuse to kill Hanakwa, isn't he? But so long as he's useful, can carry David, and get Yogiri where he needs to go, he'll get a stay of execution !

When you achieve Sainthood because two Cat gods ended up killing you in a brawl and you're a psychic gamer on top of that...Mei's just lucky Yogiri was willing to just kill the Cat Gods powering her instead of killing her himself .

The class killing game begins and Ayaka is there to kill everyone too, so it's a win-win for her .

I love how the Reader kids' book kept doubling down on how screwed he was and how he was going to die thanks to Yogiri no matter what he did. It even said "I made a mistake" !

I had a feeling Tomochika's gal pal was going to turn on her, but I didn't expect her to be a necromancer with a cute princess spirit that makes Tomochika want to trade Mokomoko...and Mikochi even steals Mokomoko! Who seems more than happy to try to kill Tomochika and strip her out of her armor...and Tomochika gets to enjoy the view of buck-naked Tomochika !

Yazaki forms a group to kill Sora and Sion, but Sora has self-destructing fanboys who make short work of them. Though even she gets consumed by Mana's ooze...as well as Yui. Though that scrub Haruto manages to survive .

Mokomoko is lucky Tomochika needed her to put her clothes on or she'd probably be as dead as everything else in this storyline .

Girl really should've thought better about continuing to fight Yogiri even with the full power of a necromancer didn't hold a candle to Yogiri. And Tomochika mourns her...for all of five seconds .

Well, good on samurai girl and ninja girl for knowing it's best to stick with Yogiri, though did Kiyoko unleash some kind of nuke to try to kill Ayaka !?
Old 2024-03-14, 21:58   Link #122
BWTraveller
Born to ship

The look on Mei's face was something. And it's kind of scary to think what she might be thinking. She already had a thorough awareness of her own mortality, then that was immediately followed up with the attainment of near-absolute power to do whatever she wants to whomever she wants. I imagine when you have and eagerly exercise such power, that too creates a sort of awareness of mortality, one that only hits and hits full-force when that power is stripped away. Suddenly, the power that'd forced her to recognize her own weakness, that she'd then used over and over, in the process seeing all the more how weak normal people are, and that'd probably been the only thing keeping her feeling safe in this hostile world, was simply and completely gone. In a sense, killing those cats was a far crueler act than killing her outright, though I can't say she wasn't somewhat deserving.

As for Miko, if anything I found Tomochika's indifference surprising and entertaining. Maybe she had some lingering resentments from being left to die? Not to mention the implication that she'd already killed their other friend. That said, it sounds like a lot if not all of their hostility is from this system, which in turn is kind of sad; if Miko had not had her mentality adjusted by this system, she may not have ever considered anything like what she ended up doing.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 23:34   Link #123
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
As for Miko, if anything I found Tomochika's indifference surprising and entertaining. Maybe she had some lingering resentments from being left to die? Not to mention the implication that she'd already killed their other friend. That said, it sounds like a lot if not all of their hostility is from this system, which in turn is kind of sad; if Miko had not had her mentality adjusted by this system, she may not have ever considered anything like what she ended up doing.
You really have to wonder how much the whole Sage process and Sion messing with them warped these kids.
Old 2024-03-15, 07:08   Link #124
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
You really have to wonder how much the whole Sage process and Sion messing with them warped these kids.
Most of the class, perhaps all of them, have backstory that makes them different to start with. Several classmates were only there to monitor Yogiri, others were isekai'd previously before being returned to our world, there's a self-aware android, a "magical girl" who encountered mascot cats in our world and Dannoura-san is accompanied by a ghostly protective spirit. Finding "normal" high-schooler kids in that mess is going to be a challenge.
Old 2024-03-15, 18:15   Link #125
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Most of the class, perhaps all of them, have backstory that makes them different to start with. Several classmates were only there to monitor Yogiri, others were isekai'd previously before being returned to our world, there's a self-aware android, a "magical girl" who encountered mascot cats in our world and Dannoura-san is accompanied by a ghostly protective spirit. Finding "normal" high-schooler kids in that mess is going to be a challenge.
Maybe, but it bears noting that those that'd been possessed of clear power unconnected to this world were never given a Gift. It glosses over it here, but I understand Mei doesn't actually have the Gift or, therefore, the System that came with it. She just realized that it'd be better for her, or maybe just more fun, if she pretended she had it and played up having a power that's useful only under certain circumstances.

On the other hand, it's been made pretty clear that people's Gifts are at least in part determined by their own personalities. An idol has idol powers, hentai maniacs have powers like X-ray vision, tentacles and time freezing, and the dude that was obsessed with the great being that ruled over death gained death abilities. Makes me wonder about Romiko's personality: just what must have been lying under that sweet demeanor to make her summon and control spirits? Was it something as simple as missing a dead relative, or was she actually twisted from the start?
Old 2024-03-17, 00:29   Link #126
Alchemist007
*Author

Poor super power cats.
Old 2024-03-17, 04:08   Link #127
Lex79

Quote:
And Tomochika mourns her...for all of five seconds .
That's what I love about her.
Old 2024-03-17, 16:42   Link #128
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So almost all the students die in one episode. What a shame...

The novels helped me understand this part alot.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-17, 22:48   Link #129
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So almost all the students die in one episode. What a shame...

The novels helped me understand this part alot.
I guess that's one way to wrap up all the plotlines .
Old 2024-03-18, 00:14   Link #130
Greenish Growth

I like how when Yogiri kills someone, they fall down so smoothly. It's as if they're sliding down toward the ground.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 09:06   Link #131
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I like how when Yogiri kills someone, they fall down so smoothly. It's as if they're sliding down toward the ground.
Yea, they always seem to want to fall over like felled trees. I'd think if a person was killed instantly, via a means that provides no physical forces applied to the body, one would just collapse straight down instead.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 13:14   Link #132
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

If we want realistic death physics then everything will be.. gross and smelly since once something dies it expels all held-in liquids and semi-liquids from all orifices ( I'll still put a in here even if it's not a fun fact)
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 22:47   Link #133
Strahan

Well, we don't need to go all in, there can be some compromises lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-20, 12:40   Link #134
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'd have preferred a compromise. All sphincters remain closed, but otherwise they fall more like a marionette whose strings were suddenly cut, limbs in all directions.
Old 2024-03-21, 12:03   Link #135
Frontier

Well, there goes Haruto! Couldn't have happened to a nice guy .

I love how Yogiri survived because at this point he can basically defy the laws of physics .

I guess the nuke was the closest thing that could kill Ayaka, but she's come this far she's even willing to transform into the dragon that killed her if it means surviving and carrying out her revenge...and sending out warrior clone waifu versions of herself to kill any survivors. But she should've listened to the AI in her head and quit before going after Yogiri, because they knew what he was, or she wouldn't have ended up dying as easily as the dragon in the first episode did. Thus ends her life for good .

Yogiri finally confronts Sion! And immediately shuts her up and turns the tables on her by slowly but surely killing pieces of her body off to make her talk. Not even running away can keep her from his death ability. Though it seems like despite how psychotic Sion is, she genuinely loved Yuichi (the eyecatch is even them together romantically as a parallel to Tomochika and Yogiri), and having him get nearly killed is enough for her to finally give up .

I kind of figured it wouldn't be convenient enough for Sion to just send them home, so now they just have to collect Philosopher Stones from more Sages (most of whom I assume Yogiri will kill) before they'll have enough power to do it. And Mokomoko remembers the coordinates to Earth in her bid to convince Tomochika she's usefl enough to not get rid of .

But even if Yogiri doesn't want to finish Sion off, it's too late to save her from Mana as Sion gets consumed by her, realizing just how badly she screwed up this Sage exam. Though even in death she secured Mana's face and her revenge by pointing her in Yogiri's direction .

Giant Agressor Robots and that spike thing from a few episodes ago...literally no explanation, they're just there !

Oh look, a secret collaborator with Mana who was worshiping her! I wonder what he knows...and he's dead .

Hanakawa actually might be more cut out to be Yogiri's straight man than even Tomochika (though she'd probably appreciate a break). But he's also liable to sell him out so....

I love how Mana appears and goes after Yogiri and he ends her and her entire invasion in a second and literally no one is surprised. Tomochika basically said "yup, should've seen that coming" .

Is there any better way to fly than Tomochika in a skimpier outift with a cape? Especially one that reveals her legs? Mokomoko doesn't have to tell Yogiri to hold onto her tight twice !

The other girls are smart to stick with Yogiri and Tomochika, even if Yogiri's only priority is Tomochika, especially because that's the safest best for surviving in this show .

Oh hey, they ran into Risley and the gang! And she immediately proposed marriage to Yogiri! And immediately got rejected! Yogiri killing girls without his death ability now !

So Yogiri and Tomochika are on the next leg of their journey but now the Divine King thinks Yogiri is a monster that has to be put down (good luck with that), Haruto has been picked up by the Aggressors, and Hanakawa is trying to sell his own spinoff show...but at least Yogiri gets to dream about Asaka while getting a lap pillow from Tomochika, who is happy to give it to him .
Old 2024-03-21, 12:34   Link #136
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Am I correct to assume that almost everyone on that bus died? Apart from the 2 new harem members and Tomochika, the consultant got taken away by the isekai mech, hanakawa will star in a spinoff and nobody else survived?

Oh well, not like they can all go back home anyway.

Hope there will be a s2!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-21, 12:37   Link #137
Lex79

Sion getting her comeuppance by the hands of Yogiri was one of the most satisfying moments in this series.
Now our protagonists have a way to go back home...too bad Yogiri can't use his powers on the sages or else he risks destroying the philosopher stones, it would've been too easy otherwise. I suppose we won't get a second season, but I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case.
Old 2024-03-21, 19:55   Link #138
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I got kind of bored of the manga but the anime was definitely enjoyable, dumb fun... 7/10 or so. The anime surpassed the manga and I doubt we'll get S2 but I might get inspired and read the LN someday. We'll see I suppose.
Old 2024-03-21, 22:47   Link #139
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Takatou might be the only character who can win with nothing more than "No, you".

Yeah, I still would've preferred if they didn't give any effects to the deaths, just have him say "die" or narrow his eyes and they crumple like dropped ragdolls. That said, it didn't really diminish the fun and absurdity of his power, and we still get a bit of fun look at the other side, the terror, through powerful characters experiencing their powerlessness before Death incarnate, so it worked pretty well all the same. And honestly there is something satisfying about seeing an arrogant character, especially the ones that are also sociopathic, suddenly realize how little he/she has to be cocky about. Especially the rare kinds like Sion who are so thoroughly arrogant and indifferent to others that they don't even show a sign of pleasure OR displeasure when taking lives or torturing others.

I do wonder whether Mei's still alive. If she is she must be having a rather awful time, considering that she's now completely powerless in a world full of monsters (and where she can't even trust the normal people since, as the start showed, many people harbor resentments toward the Sages and would love to get their hands on a "candidate" to "play" with).

Also, I'm kind of glad they tried not to be too "fleshy" with Mana's ability, which, according to other sources, was supposed to be essentially a giant, inside-out womb expanding forever.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2024-03-21 at 23:25.
Old 2024-03-21, 23:37   Link #140
Frontier

Apparently they skipped a full arc that they actually included in the OP! OVA anyone ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I do wonder whether Mei's still alive. If she is she must be having a rather awful time, considering that she's now completely powerless in a world full of monsters (and where she can't even trust the normal people since, as the start showed, many people harbor resentments toward the Sages and would love to get their hands on a "candidate" to "play" with).
When she ran into he forest you could hear monster noises. I think the implication is she got eaten .