AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-20, 22:41   Link #18581
Reiya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Yeah... me too, sad end tough
yeah... -__- ; , still...even though is sad... I can take it ... (just like in GAINAX ending <__< )

Last edited by Reiya; 2009-01-21 at 01:24.
Reiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 23:01   Link #18582
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

lol off topic--- wait no, it's answering an image related question.

Quote:
I'm on the talk, I came her, saw many replies refering to the image, I saw it but to be honest, nothing on the image surprised me, I just saw a low quality image, then I felt curiosity and asked what was special with it... it's a crime to ask things like this now?
The replies were more of "Oh haha look at this. This image is quite interesting." None of the replies had anything to do with the quality of art, just the content.

Quote:
Plus... that time (and even now) when I asked why my works didn't get any reply the general answer was "the art is rough, low quality to coment something about"
Call it jealousy if you want, but in my opinion, it's unfair
As previously mentioned, the topic was not about quality, but content. When you brought it in the "low quality" comment, that's when the topic shifted.
Quote:
I don't know that game, that's why I asked what was special with it
Touhou is a incredibly popular vertical scrolling shoot-em-up game. In the image, Nanoha is fighting a Touhou character named Marisa Kirisame. The humor behind this is that both characters are well known for their perchance for beamspam, befriending through superior firepower, and their penultimate attacks of GIANT BEAM OF DOOM.
Quote:
Great... I had never been credited for my attempts... I have been called Kid, ilogical, ten years old artist and that my work is shit, more than once.
I could say more about this, but then I'd get off topic.
Old 2009-01-21, 05:32   Link #18583
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Plus... that time (and even now) when I asked why my works didn't get any reply the general answer was "the art is rough, low quality to coment something about"
Call it jealousy if you want, but in my opinion, it's unfair
Low quality is only half the reason, the other half is that you tend to draw grotesque monsters and other horrors. Most of us aren't really interested in that. Not in combination with the Nanohaverse anyway. People tend not to comment on things they don't like, and 'Nanoha + creatures of horror' is one such thing for most.

The Nanoha VS Marissa image attracted attention because several people among us like Touhou, so an image combining the two is like Win + Win for those.

Try drawing something else, like, say... Nanoha cosplaying as Lina Inverse? That might attract more attention.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 05:39   Link #18584
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiya View Post
yeah... -__- ; , still...even though is sad... I can take it ... (just like in GAINAX ending <__< )
Funny, I have the entire Saber Marionette Special Edition Box Set, signed box and everything. (Cost me $300 for it. But fourteen disks of great story was worth it.) I never noticed Subaru sounded like Lime. Wait. Lime was voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. Who voices Subaru?

Now I'm confused.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 06:13   Link #18585
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Who voices Subaru?
Chiwa Saitou does.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 10:27   Link #18586
Nei Tsukishime

Send a message via ICQ to Nei Tsukishime Send a message via MSN to Nei Tsukishime
I actually agree with Rick here. But I won't say anymore about that.
Nei Tsukishime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 12:17   Link #18587
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Welps, it's already the 22nd in Japan.... So, happy birthday to Paku Romi!

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 12:40   Link #18588
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

( ゚ ヮ゚)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Eastern Phenomenon of Magical Girl continues!

Reimu as Nanoha doesn't work as well as Marisa, but still amusing.

Spoiler for Is that so~?:
Old 2009-01-21, 16:37   Link #18589
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Funny, I have the entire Saber Marionette Special Edition Box Set, signed box and everything. (Cost me $300 for it. But fourteen disks of great story was worth it.) I never noticed Subaru sounded like Lime. Wait. Lime was voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. Who voices Subaru?

Now I'm confused.
Now that you point it yeah, both Subaru and Lime don't only have similar voices but also a similar actitude

PD: $300?! And I tough that the $70 I paid for the entire season of Basilisk was expensive O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Welps, it's already the 22nd in Japan.... So, happy birthday to Paku Romi!
Who's Paku Romi?
Old 2009-01-21, 17:05   Link #18590
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Who's Paku Romi?
Romi Paku is a voice actress.

Don't forget, you're in an anime environment, so chances are when names are being thrown around it's either a known actress or actor, or a character.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 17:15   Link #18591
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Now that you point it yeah, both Subaru and Lime don't only have similar voices but also a similar actitude

PD: $300?! And I thought that the $70 I paid for the entire season of Basilisk was expensive O.o
Well, I've got what's essentially a limited edition box set. Kind of found it on accident and I'd liked what I had seen of SMJ enough to impulse buy. At the time I could afford to do so because Uncle Sam was paying for my meals.

Pulling it out I have... number, 3115 of 5000. Blue marker, signed by Tsukasa Kotobuki, character designer himself. I figured that on top of being a good series to have (which I was NOT dissappointed), the limited edition and signature would also improve it's collector's value. And skimming Amazon, there are... 3 new, 2 used, and 2 collectable, averaging in the 160 range with the collectables right at the market suggested price of 199.99. A little down from what I paid, but give it another ten years and it'll probably climb back up as 'surviving' sets become more rare. There's one on E-Bay going for about ninty bucks, a virtual steal considering collector's value, and then even without collector's value, you're getting 70 episodes of material for the less than the price of a single season of most anime.

But I digress...

EDIT:
Spoiler for Gendo Position GO!:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 18:49   Link #18592
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
( ゚ ヮ゚)

Eastern Phenomenon of Magical Girl continues!

Reimu as Nanoha doesn't work as well as Marisa, but still amusing.
Mm Reimu's much less interested in making friends and much more interested in getting money... hmm...

Quote:
Well, I've got what's essentially a limited edition box set. Kind of found it on accident and I'd liked what I had seen of SMJ enough to impulse buy. At the time I could afford to do so because Uncle Sam was paying for my meals.

Pulling it out I have... number, 3115 of 5000. Blue marker, signed by Tsukasa Kotobuki, character designer himself. I figured that on top of being a good series to have (which I was NOT dissappointed), the limited edition and signature would also improve it's collector's value. And skimming Amazon, there are... 3 new, 2 used, and 2 collectable, averaging in the 160 range with the collectables right at the market suggested price of 199.99. A little down from what I paid, but give it another ten years and it'll probably climb back up as 'surviving' sets become more rare. There's one on E-Bay going for about ninty bucks, a virtual steal considering collector's value, and then even without collector's value, you're getting 70 episodes of material for the less than the price of a single season of most anime.

But I digress...

EDIT:
Spoiler for Gendo Position GO!:
90 bucks! That is a deal (pity I'm saving my money atm). It wouldn't have to be a collectors set for me to want that kind of deal. I once paid 140$ for a box set of R.O.D the TV and that was only 26 episodes.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 04:04   Link #18593
Reiya
*Artist

Quote:
not only their voices and their attitude, Lime and Subaru has a similar eye color too , I can stand the ending... though... atleast... they're happy....umm... (not satisfied)

Happy Birthday to Nana Mizuki BTW

Spoiler:

Last edited by Reiya; 2009-01-22 at 04:29.
Old 2009-01-22, 04:07   Link #18594
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Happy Birthday to Nana Mizuki BTW

Spoiler:
Today's the birthday of Nana Mizuki?!!!

Old 2009-01-22, 04:12   Link #18595
Reiya
*Artist

believe it or not, it was my first drawing of her (I drew it yesterday) but I didn't know that today is her birthday
Old 2009-01-22, 06:39   Link #18596
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
believe it or not, it was my first drawing of her (I drew it yesterday) but I didn't know that today is her birthday
You're right.
Mizuki Nana's birthday is January 21st.
Tamura Yukari's birthday is February 27th.
Ueda Kana's birthday is June 9th.

BTW please read my post about birthday of Nanoha and Fate.
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 11:52   Link #18597
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Well, I guess that shows how much we love Erio Inoue Marina because her birthday was on the 20th. Makino Yui was on the 19th, but she has no connection to the Nanoha series. Nor does Paku Romi, for that matter....

And on another somewhat unrelated note, Mizuki Nana finally got a #1 spot on the Oricon chart, though if it'll stay that way for the weekly bit is something I really doubt.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 15:52   Link #18598
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Only one for today...

Spoiler for NSFW -N/F-:

Old 2009-01-23, 01:27   Link #18599
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
I thought you guys might be interested in this.

http://www.akadot.com/product_info.p...ducts_id=27818
http://www.akadot.com/product_info.p...ducts_id=27819

Then again, I'm probably the last to know.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 01:41   Link #18600
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Only one for today...

Spoiler for NSFW -N/F-:

Beautiful image.
The best one I have seen in a while.
Simply lovely.

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, Nina.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw