AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-21, 08:18   Link #321
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
It's going to suck and not many ppl are going to buy it. Maybe true blue L*S-ota, but I certainly won't.
Then i feel sorry for those people, 'cause they'll be missing out on one hell of a collection. :3

It being not be as amazing as the first collection, though it'll be something interesting to add to my collection. Shame we won't get full versions of the live videos, to go with the songs.
Old 2007-07-21, 23:01   Link #322
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I really disliked Sorega Ai Deshou for breaking character from Konata for no logical reason only to go back again next episode.
If you compare Aya's normal singing voice to the mousey speaking voice she tends to use when speaking... there's no reason why Kona cannot exhibit the same sort of range. While I didn't recognise most of the themes from previous EDs I thing there were all a lot more energetic, while a sedate song like Sora ga Ai Deshou isn't suited for that sort of delivery. I've never done karaoke but I can well imagine trying to match the original singer as much as possible when doing so, since that is what I do when singing along to regular CDs.
Old 2007-07-22, 13:11   Link #323
bayoab

And... Shirashi will not be doing all of them as two(?) more CDs have been solicited by Lantis.

Akira (LACM-4397)
Second one (no idea if its real as I don't see a product ID) is Patie and Konata "Cosutte, O- Mai Hani" (the one shown in the cosplay cafe)
Old 2007-07-26, 13:43   Link #324
aorta

Finally got the ending themes cd. It's great!
Old 2007-07-26, 19:01   Link #325
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
And... Shirashi will not be doing all of them as two(?) more CDs have been solicited by Lantis.

Akira (LACM-4397)
Second one (no idea if its real as I don't see a product ID) is Patie and Konata "Cosutte, O- Mai Hani" (the one shown in the cosplay cafe)
The moment I saw the CD in EP 16, I knew they're going to sell it for real. They are so predictable. Hope the songs are good!
Old 2007-07-29, 06:29   Link #326
mouhitori

There are 4 more character single CDs listed in tower records' site, one for each of the main girls. I'm guessing we are going to have a live action karaoke for the next few episodes by Hirano &co?
Old 2007-07-29, 12:00   Link #327
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, AVPlaya, you're right: the KonataxPatty CD has apparently been announced for real, though I have no date.

As has a Konno Hiromi CD for her enka song (29 August). And the Motteke Seeraafuku remix album (seven remixes) has been confirmed for 8 August.

Meanwhile, the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou live event DVD is selling well, and Hirano Aya's management has announced that she will release singles for three months in a row, beginning in October.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-29, 13:47   Link #328
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, AVPlaya, you're right: the KonataxPatty CD has apparently been announced for real, though I have no date.
August 29th, and a product ID has been announced: LACM-4398
Lantis put another commercial this week as to say "Yes really".
Old 2007-07-29, 14:55   Link #329
truehappiness

I wonder if the song will be like the opening..? (the Patty x Kona-chan one)

Hrm.. I kinda hope they don't do live action EDs for the rest of the season..

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-08-01, 16:46   Link #330
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

As I doing my daily playback of the first ED CD, I realized something. I found myself skipping the short versions and go straight to the long version, yet missing all the remarks afterwards. So here's how I order my playlist in my ipod - I put in the Short and than the long version of each song one after another... so the whole thing now feels more like a real Karaoke session! If you love the Karaoke ED, I'd highly recommend you do the same. Enjoyment Level-Uppu!

Also the song list choice for that Karaoke Box was highly strange. We have 4 high school girls going to sing Karaoke, and not a single song by Koda Kumi, Ayumi, BoA, Hikki, or a Johnny's band. What kind of frigging song list is THAT? I was talking about the song selection with some ppl who's in the J-culture (only), and we all agree that this is a song list for a karaoke second party after a 合コン* (goukon) party, and the goukon is between older otakus and OLs over 30. The old otakus sings their older geek songs, while the OL relive their youth (back when they still goto karaoke consistantly). I can see this as the very song list of an actual KyoAni company party.... maybe this is exactly what they sang when they all went to Jogashima Island to film those EDs.

* A goukon is a social gathering to meet strangers of opposite sex in order to see if any of them are date-worthy. Popular in colleges, now goukon parties are held between companies or other social entities for umarried, single folks. If you've watched the Live Action version of Nodame Cantabile, the party Stressman took S-OKE to are goukons. There are certain type of group-game you play during goukons and he knows them very well.
Old 2007-08-02, 10:32   Link #331
Xing

Send a message via AIM to Xing Send a message via MSN to Xing
Hey AVPlaya, if that was your video on youtube for Konata's Monkey Magic, do you think you could re-upload it?
Old 2007-08-02, 12:48   Link #332
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing View Post
Hey AVPlaya, if that was your video on youtube for Konata's Monkey Magic, do you think you could re-upload it?
Unfortunately that wasn't mine... was it deleted? Man that's sad... but I'd recommend you get the CD though. The video is just the song with a background. I'll see if there any other ones out there.
Old 2007-08-02, 18:20   Link #333
truehappiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Also the song list choice for that Karaoke Box was highly strange. We have 4 high school girls going to sing Karaoke, and not a single song by Koda Kumi, Ayumi, BoA, Hikki, or a Johnny's band. What kind of frigging song list is THAT? I was talking about the song selection with some ppl who's in the J-culture (only), and we all agree that this is a song list for a karaoke second party after a 合コン* (goukon) party, and the goukon is between older otakus and OLs over 30. The old otakus sings their older geek songs, while the OL relive their youth (back when they still goto karaoke consistantly). I can see this as the very song list of an actual KyoAni company party.... maybe this is exactly what they sang when they all went to Jogashima Island to film those EDs.
I'm guessing that they probably chose the songs that they did because they weren't that expensive to license for use? Usually that's the case with American stuff using Japanese music as a theme song, and as a result the theme songs get taken out due to licensing issues..

Plus you never really know if the girls have any popular J-pop stars in their world. Perhaps all they have is old otaku music, 80's Jpop, and enka? XD Even Azumanga Daioh had at least one mention of "Ayu" when discussing Tomo's new look. Although they also had a karaoke-party and sang nothing but character songs off their own albums..

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-08-02, 19:29   Link #334
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I'm guessing that they probably chose the songs that they did because they weren't that expensive to license for use? Usually that's the case with American stuff using Japanese music as a theme song, and as a result the theme songs get taken out due to licensing issues..
It's possible, but if you're able to license a Komuro Tetsuya song (I'm Proud), you can probably pick whatever you'd like. Plus, ZARD songs aren't cheap either. Licensing isn't that much an issue between Japanese companies; I'm sure AVEX would love promotion with a popular anime without paying money. I think these songs were selected for their humor and other factors. It just won't be as funny if it's a very recent song.

Quote:
Plus you never really know if the girls have any popular J-pop stars in their world. Perhaps all they have is old otaku music, 80's Jpop, and enka? XD Even Azumanga Daioh had at least one mention of "Ayu" when discussing Tomo's new look. Although they also had a karaoke-party and sang nothing but character songs off their own albums..
Dude, it seemed that they live in a very contemporary Japan. In fact, L*S has more current J-culture than any other anime I know. Which anime would have a reference to lame slang invented by two fat comedians not two years ago? A carp in a Kimura dorama aired this past Winter? Not to mention tribute to ZARD's death not two months ago. They are in today's Japan. I think those REAL part of a Japanese HS girl's live aren't as funny as the things they've decided to show. Why would a HS girl use a joba? Watch shows for middle-aged folks? If they say Tsukasa's watching SMAPxSMAP or HEYX3, it would not be that funny. Too close to reality.
Old 2007-08-03, 11:13   Link #335
Xing

Send a message via AIM to Xing Send a message via MSN to Xing
AVPlaya and anyone else interested, I found another video thing of Konata's Monkey Magic here.
Old 2007-08-03, 23:24   Link #336
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

i was just looking around YouTube and stumbled on this: Akumainzer 3!!!

If you are bored enough, play the Konata version along while watching the live concert video and try to synch it in time with each other. Then mute the YouTube vid and it looks like the dude is singing in Kona's voice.
The good thing is that the concert is the same tempo and is constant. So you'll get perfect timing with Kona's version.

It takes a bit of patience and alot of pause/play pressing to get the synch right but it pays off in the end

Laughed for hours

edit: Decided to make it easy for you guys:
Spoiler for just to save space:

Enjoy!
ps: Can also be done with 'Sore ga, Ai Deshou'. YouTube vid has good synch...ness

Last edited by Cyber_chaotic; 2007-08-03 at 23:39.
Old 2007-08-04, 05:05   Link #337
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Oh gawd Aniki singing in Konata's voice is win.
Old 2007-08-04, 05:32   Link #338
Peanutbutter

Hihi. I'm the guy who posted that Konata's Akumaizer 3 vid on Youtube. Been lurking around here for quite a while already but that one really convinced me to show my "appearance".

That Akumaizer 3 synching is totally top-notch!!! Was Aaya watching that on the screen when she sang it?

And a big shout to those who posted links to my vids. Gives me a heart-warming feeling when I see people discussing it.

Thanks.
Old 2007-08-04, 06:16   Link #339
SatanicZero

someone should put this 2 videos together...it totally pwned!!!!!!
Old 2007-08-04, 06:24   Link #340
Peanutbutter

I just realised this lip-synching thing works with the other songs as well.

Presently have found Youtube links for Cha-la Head Cha-la and Chijou no Hoshi.

It's really a blast putting two and two together.

What I do is to let one play first, pause where it start singing the first line. Then go to the other one and let it play. Now go back to the first one, when the second one starts to sing, continue the first one to synch them together!
Closed Thread