AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 200 81.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 11.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.41%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-02, 03:06   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Lucky Star - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-09-02, 11:37   Link #2
darksider

It's strangely quiet today...

Me? Yep, I have to wait for the broadcast here. Not everyone in Japan is in the Kanto region...
Old 2007-09-02, 12:15   Link #3
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Judging from the screencaps at 2chan,

Around the last minutes of this episode:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-02, 12:43   Link #4
bayoab

And it appears they are finally out of Shirashi endings. Maybe now we can get Tsukasa's va singing something. Although after this episode... who knows.
Old 2007-09-02, 13:17   Link #5
Luminisk

Spoiler:

Old 2007-09-02, 13:17   Link #6
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Spoiler for Episode 22:
Old 2007-09-02, 13:43   Link #7
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

oh my... this is <3

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-02, 13:51   Link #8
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

I agree with kj about pre-CLANNAD. Notice the kind of treatment background wise that KyoAni reserved for the Izumi family.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2007-09-02 at 14:06.
Old 2007-09-02, 13:55   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Thumbs up

Kanata voiced by Shimamoto Sumi (Nausicaä, Clarisse d'Cagliostro, Otonashi Kyoko) warrants an 11/10 in itself. And the B part made me teary-eyed. I wonder if Kyo-Ani is pulling a pre-CLANNAD showcase with this part?

Nice puns:

Konata: "So when are they going to make the fourth anime installment of that series?"

www. Are you asking that question towards Kyo-Ani?
Old 2007-09-02, 14:25   Link #10
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Today's highlights:

- Kona-chan trying to ask Kagamin and Mi-wiki some questions. Normally this is expected, only that these questions were taken straight out of a quiz game Kona-chan has.

- Kona-chan deduces that Miyuki's "assets" was due to her sleeping early. After telling Yu-chan about it, Yu-chan in turn tells Minami-chan. As a result, Minami-chan is already asleep at nine at night. lol

- Yu-chan singing out loud as she listens to her music on her headphones (KAWAII~~ ) And gets busted by Kona-chan for it.

- Kagamin does a lot of body language when she is on the phone, even though the other side can't see her doing it, Kona-chan duly pointed out. But she probably couldn't help herself, so I know how she feels.

- Kagamin chastises Misao for being childish for playing with her food. She then talks about how everyone used to play "Bread Factory" with their bread, and gets a stunned silence from Ayano and Misao.

- Misao calls Kagamin for something "important", but then totally forgot what it was after accidentally bumping into something.

- Tsukasa-chan feels sleepy, so decides to go to the bathroom and call it a day, but then finds she couldn't sleep.
- Tsukasa-chan doesn't feel like going to the bathroom, so decides to sleep while she's still feeling sleepy, but awakens completely the moment she tucks into the freesing blanket.

- Kagamin frantically finding all sorts of excuses to justify buying snacks to Kona-chan

- Yu-chan has troubles screwing a jar lid shut, so Kona-chan helps her out. But then Yu-chan finds out that Kona-chan may have screwed the lid too tight. lol

- Don't you just hate how they make these bags of crisps so damn hard to open. Though unlike Kona-chan's persistance, I usually just find the nearest scissors and cut the damn thing open.

- Kona-chan performing amazing acrobatics while trying to catch mosquitoes

Hirano Aya at her best while doing the above two sketches.

- Soujirou tells Kanata: "It's because you never went out with me that I ended up spending time with bishoujo games." Apparently, this moved Kanata to marry Soujirou in the end.

- Konata: Dad, if I were a boy, would you still hug me like you always used to?
Soujirou hesitates for a few seconds before answering: Of course!
LOL

- Poor Kanata must be disappointed that her daughter ended up with her mother's height and her father's interests.

- Previous eps have seen warming Kagamin and Tsukasa moments, this time it's Kona-chan's turn as Kanata returns from the beyond to see how her family is doing. Kanata is voiced by veteren seiyuu Shimamoto Sumi.

- Kanata decides to give Soujirou and Kona-chan a surprise by taking a photo with them. Though they mistook her presence as a haunted photo. lol

- Today's Hiyorin moment: Hiyorin struggles not to think dirty yuri thoughts of her friends again.

- Today's Lucky Channel: THERE IS NO LUCKY CHANNEL! LOL All we get is the carnage after the destruction last week. The crew realizes that the camera is still on and hastily turns it off.

- Today's Shiraishi ED: A mix of all of Shiraishi's previous songs, switched randomly by Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa) and Konno Hiromi (Akira) blowing their whistles. All in all, a silly ED, as usual.

A 10 from me, but easily more than that.
Old 2007-09-02, 15:02   Link #11
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I'm amazed at how well the second part flowed. Especially how naturally they blended the jokes and the emotional Kanata backstory. Kanata's part of the episode was really wow.
Old 2007-09-02, 15:33   Link #12
41nano

Kanata part was so well done, it's amazing, very sad/joyful moment for me.
I almost cryed
No Lucky Channel and best-of shiraishi....IT FEELS LIKE END T_T
Not like last week, but a very very good ep for me, lots of emotions, 10/10.
Old 2007-09-02, 15:37   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
OH MY GOD! This episode looks awesome, I can almost give this one a 10/10 just by looking at the screenshots, I don't even need to see it. I mean it's not like there would be anything wrong with not seeing the episode for myself and giving it a 10, would there? Looks solid enough.

That's right the screenshots I've seen alone warrant a 10/10.

Spoiler for Comparison To Kodomo No Jikan:

Outside of that, if people enjoy this episode I'd also recommend Kodomo No Jikan to them. If Vexx is here he can vouch for this as well. I think he knows what I'm getting at.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-09-02 at 15:53.
Old 2007-09-02, 15:48   Link #14
takumi2k4

OMFG, 10 more minutes????!!!!

Damn you slow internets!!!!

I can't wait for this episode, I saw the screenshots over at RC and holy **** this is gonna be so awesome!!!
Old 2007-09-02, 15:51   Link #15
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
what a great ep to start the week...
even though kanata only appeared in this ep i felt that i have already known her character...
the up in animation quality also helped...
Old 2007-09-02, 17:11   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first thing I want to mention is Shimamoto Sumi as Kanata. Beautiful, beautiful voice. That whole part when she was a ghostly presence in the room with Konata and Soujirou, along with the flashbacks, was quite moving. Like 41nano, I almost cried. Shimamoto-san also plays William Jones's mother Aurelia in Emma II. She's 52.

The scene of Yu-chan humming along to her earphones was like a definition of moe. Kawaiiiii.

As a big fan of Marimite, I couldn't help loving the very brief Sachiko-Yumi scarf-tying scene -- and of course poor Hiyori's contradictory reactions.

I enjoyed the scenery in the ED -- the beautiful mountains and the beautiful humans.

Nice review by Kinny Riddle.

Only two more episodes.... The next episode (23) is partly written by Yamamoto Yutaka, the original director who was "fired."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-09-02 at 18:57.
Old 2007-09-02, 17:50   Link #17
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Perhaps I'm in that sort of mood today, but I cried. Really did.
Old 2007-09-02, 18:15   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

... .... ... this episode is going to kick some emotional heart strings.... looks like a winner from the screen caps.
Old 2007-09-02, 18:41   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Perhaps I'm in that sort of mood today, but I cried. Really did.
Well if it helps, i cried my heart about. The production by Kyoani makes this episode a huge winner.
Old 2007-09-02, 18:51   Link #20
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The first thing I want to mention is Shimamoto Sumi as Konata.
I'm just going to assume that you know the difference between Konata and Kanata.
Closed Thread