AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 18:21   Link #561
himemiya613

heres the ed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ovcZ8u42kHk
himemiya613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:29   Link #562
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
You sure about that? The high-resolution raw I got didn't feature any 'HD-worthy' details, not even the OP that employed 3D CG. It might've been a high definition broadcast, but video information was standard definition, an upscale, so to speak.
Oh, rest assured. I have this wonderful HD raw in front of me. So pretty. And absolutely 100% genuine HD.

PS: This is the best OP I've seen in quite a while, and I also like the ED quite a bit. Good start!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:33   Link #563
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
Quote:
Originally Posted by himemiya613 View Post
opening of shakugan no shana 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1giFpWuR1k
very nice op kawada mami never fails

fell off my chair when i heard how sick it is...
now to watch the movie while awaiting the fansub

the ed is also quite sick reminds me of the second song on Kotoko's single "Being"
made me feel like ravin

Last edited by lazyasian224; 2007-10-04 at 18:38. Reason: watched the ED
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:59   Link #564
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by himemiya613 View Post
Yea! Im never dissapointed when it comes to Mami Kawada, she always delivers good stuff
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:04   Link #565
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

Finally season 2 of Shana, can't wait to watch the new season its actually irritating me that I have to wait till it is subbed . Then again I guess its a very happy joyful irritation. Can't wait till I can watch it ^^

P.S. Love both Op and Ed
Hazelshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:17   Link #566
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is not a show I'm going to watch. "Monster of the week" is not my thing, and I grew tired of season one. But the show has a lot of good things going for it and is very nicely made. Good JCStaff animation.

The OP is just outstanding. And is it my imagination that the character design seems a bit different, maybe a bit closer to the original novel? Maybe this point has been discussed before; if so, I'm sorry to repeat it. I see from ANN and the official site that the staff appears to be the same.

And boy, are there some good voice actors. Just start with Kugimiya Rie and Kawasumi Ayako (Yoshida). And then there are Nabatame Hitomi (Margery Daw) and Itou Shizuka (Wilhelmina). Hino Satoshi is not my favorite, but he'll do. Enjoyed Shana's obligatory "urusai, urusai, urusai," of course -- and the blush, and the "makenai."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:25   Link #567
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This is not a show I'm going to watch. "Monster of the week" is not my thing, and I grew tired of season one. But the show has a lot of good things going for it and is very nicely made. Good JCStaff animation.
I got a bit of that impression too when I watched the first season. I like the manga and the movie more than the TV series personally. I don't know where the second season will fit into my master "equation" here but I pray it'll at least be better than the first season.

Quote:
And is it my imagination that the character design seems a bit different, maybe a bit closer to the original novel?
I don't know if it's necessarily "closer" but I do feel that the art style has changed and I prefer this style over the first season's.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:37   Link #568
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
The OP is just outstanding. And is it my imagination that the character design seems a bit different, maybe a bit closer to the original novel? Maybe this point has been discussed before; if so, I'm sorry to repeat it. I see from ANN and the official site that the staff appears to be the same.
Not your imagination, I also thought the same. And I'm sure a lot of other people think the same. It doesn't look >that< different, but its definitely not 100% consistent with season one.

And here's my first take at the first episode. I just watched it raw and couldn't make much of it, but obviously there are somethings that you can point out just by watching the scenes and all.

First, the OP song is really good and I really enjoyed it. For the first couple seconds there, I thought it would go the Zombie Loan way and it made me quite nervous, but after Kawada Mami's voice kicked in, I was overflowing with joy. Great song and great Opening sequence. Second thing I have to point out is the animation quality, which is still very consistent. Even some less-important scenes have a high frame count and are really well done, which is something I appreciate. Obviously, the little modifications they've done to the character design take their toll in my overall experience, since I think that Shana is looking way Kagome-like to my taste. I've discussed this back many pages ago and I won't bring it up again, but I would certainly like that they fixed this minor "bug". Ending sequence was very nice and I enjoyed the song. Not on the same level as Yowake Umarekuru Shoujo, since I think that song was really exceptional, but still very good. It also follows about the same ending sequence as the first series, so I was really pleased by that.

Spoiler for First episode impressions and rants:

Now waiting for a subbed release! Oh boy, oh boy.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:47   Link #569
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The "art style change" you guys are seeing is probably due to the change in art director.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:54   Link #570
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

And boy, are there some good voice actors. Just start with Kugimiya Rie and Kawasumi Ayako (Yoshida). And then there are Nabatame Hitomi (Margery Daw) and Itou Shizuka (Wilhelmina). Hino Satoshi is not my favorite, but he'll do. Enjoyed Shana's obligatory "urusai, urusai, urusai," of course -- and the blush, and the "makenai."
Hehe, trust me, this isn't a monster of the week series, it goes in arcs more or less. I've suffered through far to many MoTW shows to want to go through another one, so I wouldn't have watched the first season either if it had been one.

On a completely different note, the opening and ending are quite alright and I also notice the character designs look a touch different as well, maybe they have a different team working on the series than last time, who knows. Waiting around for subs and such as usual, but the way people are describing the episode, it sounds a bit like the way the first episode of Gundam ZZ was done. I'll have to wait and see if that's the impression I get or not though.

Can't wait to hear Rie Kugimiya again though, it's almost been like *Looks at watch* 1 hour since I last heard her in a series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 21:15   Link #571
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
On a completely different note, the opening and ending are quite alright and I also notice the character designs look a touch different as well, maybe they have a different team working on the series than last time, who knows.
Nope. Pretty much the same team aside from the art director. Shin Okui, who was the art director in the first season is not present in the team. The position of art director has been taken Yoshinori Hirose, whom some of you guys may know as the art director for both seasons of ZnT.
Old 2007-10-04, 21:34   Link #572
Devard

Source:
CD covers for JOINT.

Old 2007-10-04, 21:45   Link #573
changeup

Just finish the first episode, here is some spoilers

Spoiler for 1st episode:
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 21:48   Link #574
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 1 thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 21:49   Link #575
Tokkan

As far as I know, this first arc is supposed to an anime-original arc loosely based on the PS2/DS game using the antagonist from said game (Mare). It's forgiveable for it to not resemble the novels, because it wasn't in the novels. Admit it, there's not that much material to adapt without getting too caught up.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:00   Link #576
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Just finish the first episode, here is some spoilers

Spoiler for 1st episode:
I don't know, figured they had inserted this game character arc to try and run damage control and get things somewhat back to the original storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Admit it, there's not that much material to adapt without getting too caught up.
how far did season 1 get into the novels?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 22:09   Link #577
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
how far did season 1 get into the novels?
As far as I know, they incorporated material as far as the ninth novel.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:19   Link #578
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
As far as I know, they incorporated material as far as the ninth novel.
hmm...suppose it won't be hard for them to go through another 8 then, will it?

ah well, on second thought it's kinda silly to worry about the novels in the long run. as long as they're still going, season 2 will have to put together another ending of some sort anyway.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 22:36   Link #579
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
hmm...suppose it won't be hard for them to go through another 8 then, will it?
It's possible. At the moment, I think they're going to skip the tenth novel. I hope they animate it as an OVA or something though. If not, well, at least we have the manga.

Quote:
ah well, on second thought it's kinda silly to worry about the novels in the long run. as long as they're still going, season 2 will have to put together another ending of some sort anyway.
Spoiler for Personal predictions and novel plot, expand at your own risk:
Old 2007-10-04, 22:53   Link #580
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Spoiler for Personal predictions and novel plot, expand at your own risk:
Spoiler:

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural