AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 04:22   Link #61
kyousukey

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
From what i can try to remember is watching ABC every Saturday mourning watching Pepper Ann, Recess, doug , rocko's modern life, power rangers, beetlemorphs, etc.

Illuminated Telivision?
Omg, i totally forgot about all those but now you mentioned them they ring a bell xD, i remember doug sucked lol
kyousukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 08:15   Link #62
xia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Thanks, here's a treat.

Holy crap
I totally remember that!

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 03:53   Link #63
Zhaxra

Jeez this thread makes me feel old...

When I was a kid, I remember my brother and I getting up early for Scooby Doo, JabberJaw, Speed Buggy (which all three shows are actually clones of each other), and when it came out, the Harlem Globetrotters. Of course Loony Toons was always a favorite as well. But the real family treat was the reruns of the original Jonny Quest. Oh and while it wasn't a cartoon, the Little Rascals and the Three Stooges always brought a smile to my face, they still do.

As for recent ones, I enjoyed the hell out of Avatar and I'm finding myself also enjoying the Clone Wars as well.
Old 2009-04-03, 04:22   Link #64
StarsMending

^ Little Rascals was a great movie, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Not today, as this commentary says, as well as a look-into by Animation World Magazine.

Kids right now are more interested in tween sitcoms and Hannah Montana (and bleh, my niece sounds like Miley Cyrus).
That's so sad, isn't it? :I It makes me feel like I'm old. I never see any kids watching cartoons anymore.. more interested in how hot they look or how many girlfriends/boyfriends they have accumulated. -sigh-

When I was a kid, and it wasn't even so long ago, I would watch cartoons as soon as I came home from school with my snack, and I always looked forward to cartoons on Saturday morning. I'd wake up extra early, sometimes close to 5AM! Used to love things like Madeline, TinTin, Recess, Babar, Hey Arnold, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog... The things they have on now are just sad. And enough 3D. I miss hand-drawn animation. D:
StarsMending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:20   Link #65
KimmyChan

I watched a bit of Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl on TV earlier when I got up
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:21   Link #66
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I feel old and I am twenty one but younger than the cartoons like Scooby doo or the Flintstones.
Old 2009-04-12, 04:26   Link #67
BanishingBook

So it sounds like a sad time for the generation that watched cartoons with those sentimentalities.

So count me in fellas!

Thinking about it, the kind of shows then gave me a sort of happy outlook on life with a smack of nonsense so I wouldn't become so serious.

Everything was mad and happy, mad mad mad and happy happy happy.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 08:45   Link #68
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Like a certain novel by Lewis Caroll.......
Old 2009-04-12, 09:05   Link #69
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I feel old and I am twenty one but younger than the cartoons like Scooby doo or the Flintstones.
Yes but you watched them right, scooby and the flinstones were being rerun for years and years
Flinstones is still on BBC during the afternoon
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 09:09   Link #70
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

For Americans with access to WGN, you can watch a number of episodes of The Bullwinkle Show this Friday, April 17th. Rocky and Bullwinkle by Jay Ward was one of the signature cartoon series of its period for those of us who like satire. Our heroes, Rocket J. Squirrel and Bullwinkle J. Moose, fight against the evil forces of Fearless Leader, head of the small Eastern European nation of Pottsylvania, and his henchpersons, Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale. The spoofing of Cold-War mentalities should be apparent.

This show often had content that flew well over the heads of its supposed audience of children. To give just one example that I remember to this day, there was an episode depicting an airplane race with entries from various countries. The Soviet Union's entry had two left wings.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 09:39   Link #71
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I totally LOVE The Flintstones! I still enjoy watching it even nowadays!
Old 2009-04-19, 10:07   Link #72
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Kids right now are more interested in tween sitcoms and Hannah Montana (and bleh, my niece sounds like Miley Cyrus).
I always wonder, are they actually interested in those shows or are they simply watching "what's on" because they don't know any alternatives. Its well understood that television skews towards the cheapest crap they can show that will still put eyeball counts out there for advertisers. Live action faux-comedy with terrible acting is much cheaper and still has that "wheel of morality value" (Remember kids, don't play with giant bugs).

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-04-19 at 10:21.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:22   Link #73
KimmyChan

Good god, don't even get me STARTED on the likes of Hannah Montana!!!

Tween sitcoms on TV nowadays are a load of RUBBISH!
Old 2009-04-19, 10:35   Link #74
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I always wonder, are they actually interested in those shows or are they simply watching "what's on" because they don't know any alternatives. Its well understood that television skews towards the cheapest crap they can show that will still put eyeball counts out there for advertisers. Live action faux-comedy with terrible acting is much cheaper and still has that "wheel of morality value" (Remember kids, don't play with giant bugs).
I'm sure that has something to do with it as kids will probably like whatever TV show they're weened on.

I can defenitely see similarities though with how Spears started off. Every 7-13 year old girl was obssesed with her (along with every 50 year old man) and those girls for the most part idolized her. It seems very much the same with Miley Cyrus.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:37   Link #75
KimmyChan

OMG who remembers the absolute awesomeness that was Thundercats!!!

"Thundercats, Hoooooo!!!" - Lion-O totally RULED man!
Old 2009-04-19, 11:44   Link #76
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I'd watch Pokemon EVERY morning during the summer, and digimon, "nascar" and "cubix" in the mornings of saturday.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 11:54   Link #77
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Ah yes...Cubix. Now that I loook back on it it really wasn't that great of a show in my opinion, although I did watch it all the time. But darn that opening song of the show is so catchy it drives me crazy whenever I get it stuck in my head.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 12:17   Link #78
KimmyChan

I remember watching some early Naruto episodes on Saturday morning TV a few years back
Old 2009-04-19, 12:30   Link #79
klowny
OH NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
I'd watch Pokemon EVERY morning during the summer, and digimon, "nascar" and "cubix" in the mornings of saturday.
I hated cubix and nascar, although i did watch bobby's world and sometimes the tick on Fox Kids. I even had a subscription to fox kids news letter thingy
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 13:07   Link #80
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well, to be fair, those "old day" cartoons do make you violent

I mean, even to this day, if I hear the themesong of "Roger Ramjet" I want to kill the creators of that cartoon

Damn, 80's cartoons, where violence and smoking was cool and there was still a difference between good and bad
(even if it was just good and bad TASTE)