AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-16, 15:35   Link #181
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Given my rough and restricted comprehension of the Japanese language, the new title translates as:

"Digimon Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals of the Seven Kingdoms"
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 19:34   Link #182
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
A change in title and a break in airing doesn't mean the show is considered seperate, and it certainly doesn't mean that the episode numbers will start from the beginning.
That still doesn't answer my question, as to why both AniDB and MAL are listing the turning point as a separate entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Given my rough and restricted comprehension of the Japanese language, the new title translates as:

"Digimon Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms"
AniDB already says that.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 20:19   Link #183
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 29. Taiki and Kiriha vs the Bagura Army in an All-Out Showdown!

Minna, finally, I have reached the crossroads for this shows, and I'm just one episode behind the current rate.

The episode started with the Taiki delivering the introduction to the current zone that our heroes visited, instead of delivering the usual review-monologue about the current state of affairs in the Digital World.

As well, this was the only zone visited that without our heroes interacting with the local Digimon population.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-18, 20:14   Link #184
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
"Digimon Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms"
When i read Seven each time i think about Digimon, it's about the Seven Demon Lord ...
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 20:15   Link #185
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 30. Embark on a New Adventure!! Decisive Battle in Tokyo!!

Finished with the first act for Xros Wars.

This is an ultra-best episode which resurrected nostalgia coming from the days of the first Digimon Adventure and even I would say as well, Digimon Tamers.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I liked this thirtieth episode because returning home on Earth- Akari, Zenjirou, and Taiki spent their time telling their families about their adventures on the evening of their return, and on next morning, spending a fun day all three of them all the morning between themselves.

The best and most beautiful scene to me was Akari crying on Taiki the moment of their departure, bidding him farewell and to take care.

That interaction between the two of them made me smile with bliss, although still Taichi bidding farewell to Kari as he was leaving her behind for the Digital World from Digimon Adventure continues to be the most empathetic and beautifully executed farewell departure as of this day.

Now, that digi-evolution has finally been added, courtesy to the efforts of Zenjirou and Akari, Shoutmon's door has been opened for a new territory of countless possibilities regarding evolution x digi-crossing.

I'm not sure if Shoutmon evolve either to Champion-level or to the Ultimate (Mega) level, however, Tactimon was in disbelief that it took Shoutmon a mere instant to digi-evolve when for him took ages to reach his current form.

With that comment, I take that Tactimon meant that it took him time and painstaking effort to evolve into its full form at the Ultimate level, but Shoutmon's evolution took him a breeze.

Things are now getting terribly complicated with Taiki and Shoutmon's return to the Digital World, as like in Digimon Adventure, Xros Wars' Digital World has been reformatted under Baguramon's wishes.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-22, 00:21   Link #186
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I think we can just call this digivolving into 'stronger.' Without any levels that's about all we can do. Was funny to listen to Tactimon complaining about the ease that Shoutmon had in evolving .

Agree that this definitely brought back some feelings from the first series. Leave for a short break and by the time you've gotten back a long time has passed .
Old 2011-03-24, 13:30   Link #187
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
That still doesn't answer my question, as to why both AniDB and MAL are listing the turning point as a separate entry.
It's not like it's first time when episodes get number by place in story by subbers and not by arguable "seasons" - Major, Asura Crying...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 21:37   Link #188
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
It's not like it's first time when episodes get number by place in story by subbers and not by arguable "seasons" - Major, Asura Crying...
Oh, I see.....
Old 2011-03-28, 08:44   Link #189
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
A change in title and a break in airing doesn't mean the show is considered seperate, and it certainly doesn't mean that the episode numbers will start from the beginning.
As I understand it, this series has both a different title, and a completely new opening theme (not just new animation to the same song).

Essentially what you have is a situation that hasn't happened before in Digimon. All previous seasons I believe have had the same opening theme song for the entire series and only switched when a new season started (though within the season there were usually 2 distinct opening animation sequences) and they certainly have never changed the series title mid-season.

I suppose by counterpoint, it's not like they're putting a time break between these two series. It looks like the next episode will take place right after the last episode, not like the 3 year interlude you have in the story between Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02. At the same time Xros Wars is only at 30 episodes, far short of the traditional year of broadcasting Digimon series normally run.

It's just safer for places to list it as a separate series because historically what they're doing does mark a brand new series in the franchise. Obviously we'll find out in time what's going on, maybe this is just the new direction they want to take the tv show in where they divide up the distinct arc blocks with different names rather than maintain the same name through the entire series.
Old 2011-03-28, 23:32   Link #190
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
All previous seasons I believe have had the same opening theme song for the entire series and only switched when a new season started (though within the season there were usually 2 distinct opening animation sequences) and they certainly have never changed the series title mid-season.
Savers changed its opening mid-season. But yeah, this is the first time they've ever actually changed the name of the series while it's still ongoing.
Old 2011-03-29, 02:06   Link #191
jpwong

Ah, you're right, I totally forgot about that.

I guess we'll see what happens when it ends, if this is intended to be an actual "series" unto itself, it will run it's own 26ish episode run, if not it'll probably stop after the 1 year mark from the start of the season, which would give it a 20 or less episode run probably.
Old 2011-03-29, 02:10   Link #192
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Ah, you're right, I totally forgot about that.

I guess we'll see what happens when it ends, if this is intended to be an actual "series" unto itself, it will run it's own 26ish episode run, if not it'll probably stop after the 1 year mark from the start of the season, which would give it a 20 or less episode run probably.
I really hope this "new xros wars series" last 30 episodes.
Old 2011-04-03, 02:40   Link #193
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan

Looking good. Oh... well, except for the eye cancer video quality.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 05:56   Link #194
ShiroiRyu

Yep ... But hey ... You saw this beautiful green-haired woman ?
With big breasts ? And she is with them ? *_*
Old 2011-04-03, 06:04   Link #195
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Yep ... But hey ... You saw this beautiful green-haired woman ?
With big breasts ? And she is with them ? *_*
Yeah, looks like a redesign of Minervamon.
Old 2011-04-03, 06:08   Link #196
ShiroiRyu

And it's a good idea because i really liked Minervamon in Dawn & Bust.
Difficult to have but hey ... I hope she don't have the same personnality. ^^
But i waiting with more and more expectation.
Old 2011-04-04, 07:35   Link #197
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It seems that she might be evolved from Dracomon....

Anyone, great start...it feels great to see all the new settings, and ZeedGreymon is going to own!
Old 2011-04-04, 18:35   Link #198
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Ryuu-Rogue's fansubs out yet?
Old 2011-04-04, 18:38   Link #199
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
ZeedGreymon is going to own!
Is that really his name ?
I was hoping for a ZetaGreymon (Alpha, Beta, Omega...).
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 22:45   Link #200
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Is that really his name ?
I was hoping for a ZetaGreymon (Alpha, Beta, Omega...).
The name is SiegGreymon, though for what ever reason the symbol representing the evolution is a Z.