AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 07:15   Link #2221
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
BTW, I gave Lydia some daedric armor because it seems to me like she's a magnet for spells (AND she ALWAYS has to step on those bloody tripwires/pressure plates) and she needed better protection, but....recently, every time I enter a building or hidden location (cave, tomb, etc.), that armor disappears and the only thing she's left wearing is her helmet, the gauntlets and the boots. I'm pretty much getting tired of using console commands to get her to ditch that default steel armor.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
One of the most popular mods in Oblivion was the levelling fix.

But for Skyrim, the most popular mod not related to nudity, is Follower AI and equipment fixes. It seems to be one of the more annoying things in the game. All the more aggravating because Fallout 3 had a far better follower system, and I had no idea why Bethesda changed it.

I myself is still shopping around. But I am sure you could find a mod that permanently changes or removes her default gear.
Old 2012-02-23, 07:40   Link #2222
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, I'm not exactly one to use mods (all those mods designed to turn the Dragonborn into a mahou shoujo/bishoujo - or look like a Guild Wars/WoW reject - turned me off), but I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice.

To be fair, the bug doesn't always rear its ugly head; sometimes, when I enter some locations the daedric armor stays on, but the equipment reversal systematically occurs when I use fast-travel to get across the map. Trading items with Lydia (especially daedric weapons/apparel) causes the armor to snap back on.
Old 2012-02-23, 08:12   Link #2223
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
There is...this quote from I-can't-really-remember-who that more or less goes like this "dogs look up to us; cats look down on us but...when pigs look us in the eye, they see their equal."

Right now I'm kind of raaaaaging on my PC because I somehow managed to break the Blood on the Ice quest, something that is apparently relatively easy to do (to break it, I mean). I at least know I messed up when being offered to sell the talisman to Callixto (ended up repocketing it and skewering the scripted event sequence) AND when the body is discovered at nighttime and I need to question the witnesses. Console commands are pretty much useless trying to fix this now - I got to the point where Windhelm's steward intends to arrest the mage, Wuunferth, but he never seems to actually do it (the mage is still free), and the quest is marked as completed on the quest HUD.

So...go back in time and start all over? The problem is that I like to free space on my multipurpose partition (it hosts temp files/profiles for my games like BF3) and so I deleted a lot of old saves. But I should still have one made at the end of the civil war campaign, which is when I started the BotI quest. It's annoying, but I'll have to make do with it before going back to my current game save.

BTW, I gave Lydia some daedric armor because it seems to me like she's a magnet for spells (AND she ALWAYS has to step on those bloody tripwires/pressure plates) and she needed better protection, but....recently, every time I enter a building or hidden location (cave, tomb, etc.), that armor disappears and the only thing she's left wearing is her helmet, the gauntlets and the boots. I'm pretty much getting tired of using console commands to get her to ditch that default steel armor.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
change her ai on CK using something more smart

Forsworn berserkers or al'akir mercs
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 14:05   Link #2224
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, there are two or three mods on Nexus that fix all the problems Renegade describes with Lydia (or other followers).

Housecarls that arent lame - Housecarls ESP
-- (individualizes the carls to better combat preferences, some other fixes)
Next Lydia - NextLydia
-- (fixes most of the problems mentioned by Renegade)
Easy Follower Bow Fix in console - Follower Bow fix console
-- (helps with the "I'm gonna use my crappy bow instead of the god-given bow you lent me" issue)
Followers can Relax - FollowerWander
-- (aesthetic... followers roam around the area doing regular stuff when you put them "at ease")
Lydia Loop Fix - Lydia Loop Fix
-- (stops Lydia from stalking you in your bedroom and staring at you all the time )

However... nothing seems to help the "I step on every trap in the dungeon following you, my thane" problem in terms of AI or having them actually follow your lead. They're just f'ing stupid in that way. I've looked around for a "don't set off traps" actorvalue... hmmm, maybe "light feet" perk is the ticket, I'll have to look.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:08   Link #2225
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Light feet only work as crouch though if i remember right and with pressure plates.
Old 2012-02-23, 18:03   Link #2226
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That would be okay, I guess, I'm usually crouching through most of a dungeon anyway unless I'm a tanky warrior.
Old 2012-02-23, 18:23   Link #2227
Haladflire65
*Artist

I've run into a lot of bugs all of a sudden as well D: Some I fixed with console commands, such as finding King Olaf's Verse when it's clipped through the ground, but others like the Companions questline (after wiping out the witches and taking their heads, the next quest won't trigger) and a fetch quest for Igmund aren't cooperating, even with console commands... ah jeez..
Old 2012-02-23, 18:36   Link #2228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've seen some comments that seem to think the bugs crop up as the total number of save-games go to infinity. I can't think why that would be but there may be some creeping database corruption after each save... so far I've only had a couple of oddities (Like the spell the mage practices on me never "wears off" (updates the quest) and one session where a lot of bottles would appear floating above the table - if I jumped up and ran through them they'd fall down.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:00   Link #2229
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Are you playing on PC? There is a way to reallocate perks on the PC version.
Unfortunately no. Unless Sony put a command console somewhere then that would be nice but....no
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:31   Link #2230
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Love this series
Old 2012-02-23, 21:20   Link #2231
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Old fashion like THAT? XD AHHAHAHA love that series! MORE!
Old 2012-02-24, 10:16   Link #2232
GDB

So, gotta ask now that there appear to be Saber model mods out there. Anyone know if an Archer model mod is being worked on? He's who I based my character on (Conjure Bow and double Conjure Swords ftw).
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 14:01   Link #2233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, gotta ask now that there appear to be Saber model mods out there. Anyone know if an Archer model mod is being worked on? He's who I based my character on (Conjure Bow and double Conjure Swords ftw).
So far I've only come across anime derivations of Saber, a couple of "witchy" costumes, some Final Fantasy items, and such. Haven't seen one for Archer yet - my conjure mage does something like that but she just uses them for backup rather than maxing at them.
Old 2012-02-24, 16:15   Link #2234
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10277
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 17:13   Link #2235
GDB

That's just a_random_bowman's armor. I'm looking for Archer from FSN.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 17:19   Link #2236
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Basically he's looking for something based on this:
Old 2012-02-24, 17:53   Link #2237
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Love this series
I never expected a part 4 to come out Oh this gave me a good laugh.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:56   Link #2238
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Since we're still on video compilations...

Well, some of those use mods, others are only doable with the help of a couple console commands.
Old 2012-02-25, 20:45   Link #2239
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahahaha I can't breath! XD

Old 2012-02-26, 02:26   Link #2240
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

The comic is good. The last panel is what makes it so good, if you ask me.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim