AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 20.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-29, 07:43   Link #261
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
Well actually if Grandpa is on Shu's side then of course Arisa will be his enemy, I even initially thought he went inside to find Shu but apparently not.....

But then the whole situation seems out of place of me, but Arisa's family is a samurai/yakuza family so it is reasonable that the Grandpa will hunt down Arisa who defected their clan, so yeah every yakuza family will act the same way as Grandpa if their members betrayed their clan. They are yakuza after all, what do you expect?
You finally admit that her family is crazy, well that concludes this days discussion.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:03   Link #262
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
You finally admit that her family is crazy, well that concludes this days discussion.
No, I just said that her family is yakuza which is already established since earlier episodes and this kind of behaviour is commonly found in any yakuza families, Italian mafia or gangs around the world. Nothing crazy about it, just it is a common rule in the underworld that members who leave will be killed immediately. So the conclusion is that there's nothing weird or crazy about Grandpa hunting down Arisa, just to me it seems very out of place and pointless about the scene between Arisa and Grandpa.
Old 2012-02-29, 11:18   Link #263
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i dont know why people are bitching even if you dont condone honor killing (which i dont either) this is a part of the underworld life and tradition and also its obvious that her grandfather valued honor as much as any samurai. In the end he did not kill her he stopped and allowed her to shoot him. That act alone is enough to ascertain his thought process. In the end his "love" for his grand daughter over powered his sense honor. His comment before he died says it all.

I will admit the scene felt out of place but it was probably put there to develop Arisa's character further towards the end.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:41   Link #264
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I wish Arisa would just go away... She is probably the most annoying character to me now (since glasses dude and his buddy are dead). Her or Eyebrow-kun, who I don't know enough about to really make a judgement.
Old 2012-02-29, 22:04   Link #265
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can't say I can condone honor killings...
But killing arisa cause she's on the wrong side is perfectly ok?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-02-29, 22:10   Link #266
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Isn't it?...............
Old 2012-02-29, 22:36   Link #267
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

then i don't see a difference in this case. If grandpa is killing arisa cause she's on the wrong side and feels honor-bound to do it because he's head of her family, wtf difference is there?

Old 2012-02-29, 23:32   Link #268
Xaturas

Quote:
then i don't see a difference in this case. If grandpa is killing arisa cause she's on the wrong side and feels honor-bound to do it because he's head of her family, wtf difference is there?
Arisa trying to kill Shu is also so nice right?
Unless you expect that she wanted to play chess with Shu by using all of those lead bullets from all of those guns.

Sadly if you look at it, Arisa death from her Grandafther should be the most reasonable thing. She does deserve punishment as most of the GC cast, and the most rationable would be death from the hands of ones she wronged. She betrayed all her grandfather did for her, by joining GHQ.
Yes yes she may not liked the marriage and all that shit, I understand. But disobeying marriage is one thing, joining a mass murder psychopathic organization is other.

Unless you think that even if your child would kill hundreds/thousand of people it still ok because he is your child and he is *oh so damn special*.

Like it or not grandpa followed Samurai codex you either understand it or stay quiet about his motives.
The only thing you can complain about is why did he stop his hand and not kill Arisa, which was against his believes.
Old 2012-03-01, 00:18   Link #269
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I was replying to someone who said that he doesn't like honor killings but I really don't think the honor has anything to do with whether killing Arisa is acceptable or not.

Maybe you should read more comprehensively before going into a rant about whether or not I understand the samurai code (it's code by the way not codex and for that matter, for all those people who rant about the samurai code in this topic, are you samurais? Or taken a japanese history class? If not, then wtf do you know about the samurai code as well) or whether I'm complaining about how grandpa should have killed arisa.

Old 2012-03-01, 08:38   Link #270
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post

plain about is why did he stop his hand and not kill Arisa, which was against his believes.
Its pretty obvious why he stopped and why he called himself weak. He loved his granddaughter there was no doubt about that majority of the things he did was to insure her safety, but instead she joined the very organization that is the cause of Japan's suffering to him that was unforgivable it was a betrayal. But his love for her is what made him stop which is why he stated he had gotten weak. It is no easy thing to kill your own blood.

Quote:

Maybe you should read more comprehensively before going into a rant about whether or not I understand the samurai code (it's code by the way not codex and for that matter, for all those people who rant about the samurai code in this topic, are you samurais? Or taken a japanese history class? If not, then wtf do you know about the samurai code as well) or whether I'm complaining about how grandpa should have killed arisa.
I have taken Japanese history and continue to study it today samurai codes were simple yet complex and in a matter of honor within the family it was not unheard of for wives or children to kill themselves to maintain honor within the family and it was not unheard of for them to ask for help in killing themselves in a way this is what Arisa's grandfather felt he was doing. I dont think its a big deal and i do agree that no one should bitch at you about it.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:07   Link #271
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Well that depends. I don't think it was okay to kill her anyway since it's not like she's a soldier and there really wasn't any need to. He didn't even try to talk to her. He's not seen her for God knows how long and he doesn't even bother to first make sure that she can be reasoned with.

But that's not the point. The point is, if you'd have to kill someone then it would be better to do it for the right reasons. Killing your granddaughter because they've stained the honor of the family name, rather than because they're a threat to other people isn't exactly something I can fully support, and yet that's what the story seems to suggest (Well not really. I don't even think it was an honor killing. It's just what Trudinh suggested). I can support it to the a degree (removing the threat) but not fully.
Old 2012-03-01, 11:26   Link #272
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

I have a question. If Arisa was part of a yakuza lineage why didn't she perform yubitsume instead? This ritual goes as far back as the first prototype samurai. So even if they were somehow samurai in conduct why didn't they do that instead? I don't think attempting to kill Arisa was the best option. If the grandfather felt threatened he could have easily disowned her through legal means.

I don't understand.
Old 2012-03-01, 11:56   Link #273
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
I don't understand.
It's Guilty Crown, you don't try to understand it, you just enjoy the ride.

Anyway new ep will be out today, we'll see how the shit goes on.
Old 2012-03-01, 14:48   Link #274
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
I have a question. If Arisa was part of a yakuza lineage why didn't she perform yubitsume instead? This ritual goes as far back as the first prototype samurai. So even if they were somehow samurai in conduct why didn't they do that instead? I don't think attempting to kill Arisa was the best option. If the grandfather felt threatened he could have easily disowned her through legal means.

I don't understand.
Because Arisa was not being groomed exactly for that role, i doubt she even really knew of such a code of conduct. Her family may have a samurai lineage but she was not a samurai. Her grandfather was old school and tried to handle the situation in the only way he knew how. Arisa was being groomed to handle the public business side of her families company she would have been the public face of the company not the Yukuza side.
Old 2012-03-01, 23:39   Link #275
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
who mugi, and i think there a high chance that inori would survive also the chance of shu sacrificing for inori is very high. or gai second sacrifice ^^ that would be great.
Look at the eyebrow, and think about the name Mugi.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:24   Link #276
syke123

If my memory serves me right then Nobunaga's mentor had performed seppuku after Nobunaga disgraced his father's ceremony, but of course he raised the boy to his title first, and then performed seppuku.

An era to be praised, wish I could see it for myself.

Last edited by syke123; 2012-03-05 at 11:29.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:53   Link #277
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Maybe he wasn't going to kill her after all? Maybe he was just trying to intimidate her?

He said that he became soft,maybe he couldn't bring himself to kill his own granddaughter? Because he stopped the sword right before it hit,and nothing short of a shotgun or harpoon is going to prevent that sword from connecting.