AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 07:35   Link #421
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner
This series had a preview of boobs, and it has a distinct lack of boobs. It was never going to be a good horror (Nonexistent now, and probably just over the top later, what's up with Japaense style horror? :/). It can't provide what it seems to advertise. False advertisement is bad. This anime is bad. Dropped.
I dunno, like what bumbayker said, there's no sign that this is as horror as — — Ghost Hunt or Another. This kind of drop reminds me of people dropping Gosick because it's not mystery enough.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 07:58   Link #422
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This is from the most recent translated manga chapter (No spoilers, it's about the anime and I found fun)

Spoiler for Saving space:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 08:16   Link #423
HasuMasu
*Artist

The art for that was a bit different than usual, perhaps on purpose since the rest of the chapter looked basically the same as always.
Old 2012-04-17, 11:24   Link #424
klare

so this happens due to Teichi looked past his shoulder at the mirror?

some things dont make sense but the eps is quite fun
Old 2012-04-17, 11:44   Link #425
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone else think the dialogue here has a bit of a Nisio feel to it?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:01   Link #426
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anyone else think the dialogue here has a bit of a Nisio feel to it?
*raises hand*

A number of times, I found myself thinking: "Is that you, Senjougahara?"
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:12   Link #427
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
*raises hand*

A number of times, I found myself thinking: "Is that you, Senjougahara?"
Yeah, I was hoping it was just me, and I'd get over it. This is a real problem.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:16   Link #428
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I dunno, like what bumbayker said, there's no sign that this is as horror as — Ghost Hunt or Another. This kind of drop reminds me of people dropping Gosick because it's not mystery enough.
But those were bad anime, why would mimicking them do any better?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:18   Link #429
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
You obviously ignored like 95% of the PV since you were fixated on Yuuko's oppai. Your reason for hating the anime is flawed if you only saw this anime as nothing but fan service. TOxA isn't a glorified boob parade like Queen's Blade.
bumbayker is right. This anime isn't just focused on ecchiness, it's simply a slice of life mystery show filled with some horror and the ecchiness isn't essential to the plot. Read the manga and listen what bumbayker said.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:20   Link #430
kitten320

Well with the whole advertisement: horror, mystery, ghosts, investigation... I really expected something more.

At this point it looks like a silly comedy =/
And even that lacks.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:38   Link #431
mochichan

The show was never intended as a hardcore horror.
If you read the manga you can tell that it's not that serious. Most of the time it's more slice of life with some horror element throw in.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:17   Link #432
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I don't think her voice actress does, but the animation at times in both shows her clearly singing the song (especially in the ED). Thus, "Yuuko" is singing them, even though her voice actress is not.
I love the OP, but having the character's mouth moving as if she is singing it doesn't look right to me.

The OP is sung by 15-year-old Suzuki Konomi, who won last fall's Animax National Anisong Grand Prize. She is quite a talent, as shown in this video, which shows her progress through the contest:

She has been performing since she was six, as the video shows.

The title of the OP may be strange ("Choir Jail") but it just sounds perfect to me as an anime theme: instantly memorable, with a clear hook.

Looking at Konomi videos for this post made me so enthusiastic that I made a blog post about her, too, with another video.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-04-17 at 15:47.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:21   Link #433
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, sung by a 15 year-old...? I thought it was like a 20 year-old singing that one. She sounds extremely polished, kudos to her for reaching such a level at such a young age. I plan on keeping up with her from time to time - she's sure to have an even greater career after this.
Old 2012-04-17, 15:44   Link #434
Azure King
Snr Spammer

i think they got the epi mixed up, epi 2 should have been epi 1
that way it would have made more sense

edit: spelling
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:50   Link #435
kitten320

I think they did it on purpose.
first get audience engaged and curious as to what is happening and then going flashback mode to answer few questions.

They are not the first to do it. The most obvious show would be Ga-Rei Zero.
Old 2012-04-17, 15:53   Link #436
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Speaking of OPs...looks like the full version is already out on YT lol. It sounds like a rip, though. But w/e.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 16:24   Link #437
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Speaking of OPs...looks like the full version is already out on YT lol. It sounds like a rip, though. But w/e.
Yeah. it sounded like a rip but I won't complain since I finally got to listen to the entire song. It will probably be pulled down sooner or later due to copyrighting.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 17:30   Link #438
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Yeah. it sounded like a rip but I won't complain since I finally got to listen to the entire song. It will probably be pulled down sooner or later due to copyrighting.
I think it's a rip from the live performance, which you can see a video of in my blog post.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 18:35   Link #439
Domonkazu

I can't get enough of Yuuko's voice, it's perfectly fit her character.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 19:35   Link #440
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare
so this happens due to Teichi looked past his shoulder at the mirror?
No. Whether he looked at his shoulder or not, this encounter would still happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner
But those were bad anime, why would mimicking them do any better?
I enjoyed Ghost Hunt, and it's more horror/mystery. I dunno about Another, though. Haven't watched past the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320
Well with the whole advertisement: horror, mystery, ghosts, investigation... I really expected something more.

At this point it looks like a silly comedy =/
And even that lacks.
THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T JUST JUDGE AN ADAPTATION THROUGH ITS ADVERTISEMENT.
LEARN TO DO DEEPER RESEARCH PEOPLE.

I'm getting sick and tired of "Oh no, this isn't what I saw in the PV, disappointed/dropped" thrown in here. >_>
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural