AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-25, 20:10   Link #41
GreatTeacherKen

I think Girl's High is pretty funny. Yeah, the show is pretty crude and low brow in its humor, but I laughed and akari Kouda stands out as being the funniest character in the show.
Old 2008-02-25, 20:29   Link #42
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Eh, I can't think of many series that fit into that category. The most I can come up with is Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna, but that would fall more into the "underrepresented" category, since not many people watched it (oh, and if you watched it and didn't like it, know that I hate you and your whole family). Oh, and I didn't find Mahou Sensei Negima as bad as most people did. Yes, it's not as good as it could have been, and it could have used a bigger budget, but it didn't have much more ground to go deeper, either.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2008-02-25 at 23:26.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:35   Link #43
JustInn14
moo

Lucky Star. I KNOW IT"S POPULAR IN JAPAN, but in Wisconsin, it'd definetly get a "WTF is that?!" response. I still like it.
Old 2008-02-26, 02:14   Link #44
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Eh, I can't think of many series that fit into that category. The most I can come up with is Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna, but that would fall more into the "underrepresented" category, since not many people watched it (oh, and if you watched it and didn't like it, know that I hate you and your whole family). Oh, and I didn't find Mahou Sensei Negima as bad as most people did. Yes, it's not as good as it could have been, and it could have used a bigger budget, but it didn't have much more ground to go deeper, either.
I have to agree as far as Arjuna goes. It is in my top ten favorite anime ever. I don't understand why people find it to be preachy. I didn't get that sense at all. Not to mention how creative it was. I loved watching every moment.
Old 2008-02-26, 02:19   Link #45
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Well we all know that a lot of this thread will be along the lines of "anime you love but don't get enough attention," so yeah, underrepresented.

And for an example of the above statement I will say Bokurano, which I find strangely excellent while I can't find a lot of people who likes it.
Old 2008-02-26, 03:53   Link #46
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post

3) Myself ; Yourself
-Where should I start. Oh right, the ending. I agree that it wasn't top-notched, but people will rate this anime very low just because the ending was bad and they forgot about the arc(s) they like. Others say that Hinako has no purpose and should be given less screen time, but I enjoy her episodes a lot even if it doesn't fit into the plot. There are many more reasons given on why this anime sucks, but since it's used to promote a game, I didn't choose to look too deep into this anime and just enjoy the slice-of-life-ish aspect of the anime plus some random drama.
On the contrary - i consider the Hinako episodes among the best thing the show had to offer Hinako was a good character and provided me with more entertainment than the rest of show managed though, as i believe than it falls in to verious degrees of sloppy writing whenever the "plot" was concerned, and the romance between the main pair felt nothing short of forcibly developed the way it was portrayed. I "dislike" the show for various reasons, and the ending was just the icing on the cake, not some major turning oint; i wasn't expecting them to wrap it up in a satisfactory manner at that point, and they didn't fail my expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Canvas2 and Shuffle!, while not hated in general, have hated endings. Which leads a lot of people to hate the series themselves (see: Myself; Yourself Syndrome). I personally loved the endings and the series they belong
to (well, Shuffle's 1st half was a chore to get through, but the second half was gold).
While Canvas 2 indeed gets its share of dislike, i have seen plenty of people have high opinion on this one. And i am one of them. It offers some notable characterization and growth for the female lead, a memorable cast of secondary characters and the characters actually have lives and issues that exist even without the male lead being there. Aside from having two semi-filler episodes along the way there is very little bad i can say about the show, nor about the ending which i have little problems with. The ending decision he made seems right to me, and i would question anyone who says otherwise. (Though in Canvas thread). There were plenty of hints scattered through the anime. It isn't as "in-your-face" as most romance anime tend to make them, but they are present and they do make sense, and i would urge people to pay closer attention As it stands, Canvas 2 remains my no1 anime as far as VN -> anime conversions of this genre go.

There is not much positive i can say about the last arc of Shuffle though, as characterization pretty much fell apart there and characters seemed to be yanked around by director's strings in order to deliver us some drama. It isn't the worst thing ever, but i don't consider it anywhere near good either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Soul Link. I'm not going to claim it was the greatest series ever, but it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it at least. It had rather stale characters, but that only makes it average. If you hear some people talk, they consider it one of the worst anime ever, which I think is unfair.
I guess i will respectfully disagree here: i really do think it was that bad I do consider Soul Link as one of the worst things i have ever seen. There isn't one positive thing i can say about it, only lots of negative, going from the "plot", to characters themselves and to animation, all of which were poorly handled to put it very nicely. It is rare for me to say "I want the time i spent watching this back", but this is one of those cases. Best quote i have seen regarding the series is "In fact, by episode 9, I was actually DARING the series to dissapoint me further...and it DID!"

Now, to contribute something besides ranting ..

Green Green! Now, i am not sure if this one is universally disliked, but i have seen it getting quite a lot of flack. I can see why people would dislike it, and i would likely agree with a lot of the criticism, but there is one thing i found this show to be: absolutely hilarious. It made me laugh like not many other things, and i don't think the show was aiming for anything more than that It isn't exactly the best story ever, but it sure provided a fair dose of entertainment, and i waled away rather satisfied
Old 2008-02-26, 03:56   Link #47
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Hanaukyo maid tai TV

Happy Lesson

Here is greenwood

I guess it must be the triple H feature
Old 2008-02-26, 04:21   Link #48
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
On the contrary - i consider the Hinako episodes among the best thing the show had to offer Hinako was a good character and provided me with more entertainment than the rest of show managed though, as i believe than it falls in to various degrees of sloppy writing whenever the "plot" was concerned, and the romance between the main pair felt nothing short of forcibly developed the way it was portrayed. I "dislike" the show for various reasons, and the ending was just the icing on the cake, not some major turning point; i wasn't expecting them to wrap it up in a satisfactory manner at that point, and they didn't fail my expectations
I thought the Hinako episodes were the best also. I do agree that the plot was very sloppy, but I chose to watch the anime in a "carefree" kind of way, not really care if it will go anywhere since the 13 episode limit already means my expectations were low in the first place. It's just not as bad as I feel people say it is, since there are a few scenes and episodes that were good.
Old 2008-02-26, 07:38   Link #49
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Well we all know that a lot of this thread will be along the lines of "anime you love but don't get enough attention," so yeah, underrepresented.
Problem is, there's actually an older thread with that same topic in mind

Old 2008-02-26, 07:52   Link #50
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Hm, well, If I were to say so:

Zero No Tsukaima

Seriously, where I come from, people don't usually like to sit through mage anime like this one.

Spice and Wolf

People would think I'm talking 'bout a cooking show XD. But seriously, it don't get much love..

Chrno Crusade!

Seriously, saddest ending ever, killer plotline, awesome art direction, heavily underrepresented, in addition to most people saying it's "another anime with demons in it, not worth my time".
Old 2008-02-26, 08:03   Link #51
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Spice and Wolf

People would think I'm talking 'bout a cooking show XD. But seriously, it don't get much love..
Whaaaaaat?

There's even a subforum for this series here for Jeebus' sake!

Old 2008-02-26, 08:49   Link #52
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Whaaaaaat?

There's even a subforum for this series here for Jeebus' sake!
Aware of that, LOVE the show, but where I'm at, everyone I know, mostly prefer mostly Shonen action anime, fantasy/romance doesn't get much of it's fair share of attention and hence, love, over here, for example, I like Ouran High School Host Club, I tend to draw suspicious glances for that, mainly due to its shojo nature.

Elsewhere this view differs vastly though, I'm referring to this in my country's context, should have been more clear XD.
Old 2008-02-26, 09:37   Link #53
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Quote:
No, there's a BIG difference between being underrepresented and just downright hated. The goal of this thread was to say "Hey I like this show, it does NOT suck!" and pointing out what's good about it so perhaps people will see from your point of view.
Old 2008-02-26, 09:48   Link #54
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
No, there's a BIG difference between being underrepresented and just downright hated. The goal of this thread was to say "Hey I like this show, it does NOT suck!" and pointing out what's good about it so perhaps people will see from your point of view.
Hm, well, downright hate is too strong a word, I just view the thread starter's definition of hate as a rather negative reaction.

Like what I get for watching shojo anime like Ouran Koukou Host Club, most other male anime watchers where I'm from tend to look upon it with disdain.
Old 2008-02-26, 09:56   Link #55
Phantasmagoria
*Author

One off-topic question: Do you all actually care whether an anime is Shounen, Shoujo or whatever? I for one, just find something which fits my taste, went on with it, and didn't bother to find out what kind of category it belongs to.

Back on-topic: Right now, I am in a totally unfamiliar environment. It seems like, I am the only one here who love anime, the rest do not. So basically, I assumed the rest hate/not interested/don't know anime.
Old 2008-02-26, 10:23   Link #56
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
One off-topic question: Do you all actually care whether an anime is Shounen, Shoujo or whatever? I for one, just find something which fits my taste, went on with it, and didn't bother to find out what kind of category it belongs to.

Back on-topic: Right now, I am in a totally unfamiliar environment. It seems like, I am the only one here who love anime, the rest do not. So basically, I assumed the rest hate/not interested/don't know anime.
I for one don't care whether it's Shojo or Shonen as long as it's compatible with my tastes, same as you.

And I find myself in an environment with hardcore Shonen Action Anime fans most of the time XD.
Old 2008-02-26, 10:47   Link #57
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
I thought Sunabozu (Desert Punk) was a comedy classic but it seems that it just wasnt popular with many other people.
Sunabouzo is one of my absolute favourite anime, even got the DVD box set myself. I just like how the directions of show change in contrast to the first half of the series . The ending is my favourite but some people might've not liked the change. While I don’t think people hate it, the anime itself isn’t well known.

Now if only they would make season 2.
Old 2008-02-26, 11:11   Link #58
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
I for one don't care whether it's Shojo or Shonen as long as it's compatible with my tastes, same as you.

And I find myself in an environment with hardcore Shonen Action Anime fans most of the time XD.
that makes 3 of us so far, quality is quality.. theres enough prejudice about anime without adding to the fact that shojo anime exists. for reasons beyond me people cant fathom and totally reject the idea.

on topic, one thing i forgot to add about inuyasha

people like naruto and bleach but not inuyasha?!?.. i kinda think inuyasha is better ..
Old 2008-02-26, 11:19   Link #59
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I think it's more fun to talk about things you love instead of hate.

In regards to Ikkitousen, I found it funny.

Oh I LOVE Chrno Crusade very much. It's in my top ten for sure. The ending made me sad but it was still an amazing series. I'm trying to get all the DVDs for it.
Already have them all. ^_^
And yes, the Ending was extremely upsetting, its the closest thing on Television ever to 'almost' make me cry, haha.

and yesh, Ikki Tousen was amazing! XD
Old 2008-02-26, 14:59   Link #60
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
I do, in a way. Unless I'm interested by the synopsis or it was recommended to me by someone, I leave Shoujo alone. I don't watch anime that are classified as hardcore Shounen either. Of course if I find a Shoujo anime good, then I don't care, but I wouldn't start watching it without a solid reason.
Closed Thread