AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 10:24   Link #9001
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

There is no turning back now. Haruto and Eba will drink poison Kool-aid together and see each other beyond the veil. Then, in the afterlife, because Eba is a dumb whore, she will somehow get separated from him again in a situation where it's totally within her power to stay with him.
Old 2011-11-10, 11:41   Link #9002
Key Board
Carbon

Just re-read Chapter 30

brings back memories

is page 9 a foreshadowing? It seems that even her step brother thinks she should be away from the family
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 14:21   Link #9003
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
-Sigh- And yet again we fall into the predictable cycle of Haruto being a complete wuss about himself, not even man enough to stand up to his own girlfriend's father.

God damn it. Grow a freakin' pair and get the hell back in there, Haruto! >__<
I swear I don't get some of the people on here that says Haruto is a wuss. First some of you want Haruto and Yuzuki to get it on when they were alone which is pretty much the problem for Yuzuki's dad. Now you call him a wuss because Haruto would just piss Yuzuki's dad more if he stand up against him.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:57   Link #9004
X207
Gamyūsa

well this sucks. he's already jumped through a full set of rings and the father still isn't satisfied. i dont know what made pick up the series again after ch 99 but im starting to regret it. now i want to find out how he deals with this . his current reaction imo is predictable but what he does after this isnt looking too good. i hope Hoshino stay just a neighbor but there are too many flags set off to beleive this will happen.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:33   Link #9005
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I swear I don't get some of the people on here that says Haruto is a wuss. First some of you want Haruto and Yuzuki to get it on when they were alone which is pretty much the problem for Yuzuki's dad. Now you call him a wuss because Haruto would just piss Yuzuki's dad more if he stand up against him.
Its a problem for any parent it doesnt mean it doesnt happen plus they are not 12 year olds they are collage students
Old 2011-11-10, 18:15   Link #9006
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Just curious, what's your cultural background?

Where I'm coming from, you are a complete failure of a parent if you don't manage to gradually extend the liberties of your kids so that when they reach adulthood, they are still forced to observe a "curfew", or are not allowed to date other guys without your consent. Especially since Yuzuki has not shown to be a delinquent trouble child.

Yuzuki leveled a pretty hefty charge at him - neglect of a dying spouse. I have little reason to doubt this assertion, since it seems pretty consistent with his behavior (first, royally screwing up things with his former wife, and then overcompensating by playing oblivious jailor with Yuzuki). I'm completely shocked that he seems to implicitly confirm Yuzuki's accusation by his looking-down nonreaction to it, and yet he's already making a final decision on things before he's even talked things out with her.

Nope. Judged from my cultural circle, he's acting like a complete asshole.
I'm Greek.

My upbringing wasn't strict, but my parents was.

Honestly I understand what you're saying in terms of granting your son / daughter freedom at that age but I don't associate being an adult with that age at all. I never have.

There's more at stake here then just a curfew obviously (and in reality I don't quite actually care enough for the father for her to patch shit up with him) but I'll take what I can get.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 23:08   Link #9007
G.o.S
~desu♥

Romeo and Juliet end please!
Old 2011-11-11, 11:47   Link #9008
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

I sense Hoshino will have a big part to play in the coming chapters. Now its just to see what she does is beneficial to Haruto's relationship with Eba or otherwise.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 21:07   Link #9009
solomon

Sorry, but I guess I am just too damn American to relate to this.......well unless your Mormon or Amish I guess.

Friggin college students.............

Then again, it's Asia, totally different ball game there (glad I don't have to deal with that).

Playing DA with the whole "it's Asia" thing. For the minority here that actually likes Haruto, what do you expect him to do. It's TOTALLY out of his jurisdiction now and there has been no mention of him being serious enough to MARRY Eba. Some wierd ass convulted yet convenient plot point will get them back together.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 23:37   Link #9010
Shadow5YA

It's not really weird. An overprotective ironfisted father is a very common character trope.

The problem is how Seo uses it. We have a father who gave his girls plenty of freedom (whether by neglect or choice) then suddenly do a 180. Eba was sent to live at another guy's home for a year. She was able to date Kazama. Then, there is Rin who possibly gets away with staying out late and more than what Yuzuki does. After everything the Eba girls get away with, now I'm supposed to believe that their father is strict?

Their father is being reduced to a single character trait, but unlike Hoshina, he doesn't give any fanservice to compensate.

Is it really that hard for Seo to make a complex character?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 02:52   Link #9011
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's not really weird. An overprotective ironfisted father is a very common character trope.

The problem is how Seo uses it. We have a father who gave his girls plenty of freedom (whether by neglect or choice) then suddenly do a 180. Eba was sent to live at another guy's home for a year. She was able to date Kazama. Then, there is Rin who possibly gets away with staying out late and more than what Yuzuki does. After everything the Eba girls get away with, now I'm supposed to believe that their father is strict?

Their father is being reduced to a single character trait, but unlike Hoshina, he doesn't give any fanservice to compensate.

I'm pretty certain her dating biker boy was kept secret from daddy. It's not hard to imagine especially considering they're rarely ever together. He's almost always with Haruto through the whole arc.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 16:53   Link #9012
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Hoshina x Haruto open

guys this is so obvious. Hoshina will be his rebound chick like what Haruto did to Asuka.

Haruto starts dating Hoshina, Haruto finds out some serious secret about Yuzuki's father. They talk, Yuzuki relation up for grabs again. Haruto breaks up with Hoshina. Haruto goes back with Yuzuki. Hoshina joins the Haruto-haters gang (where the hell are they anyway, we haven't seen them in a while now ever since Haruto changed places)
As much as i want hoshina to be dropped this is most likely the case.

i want to say i'll drop the manga if that's the case but i've said "i'm going to stop reading this if _____ happens" too much lmao

Me reading this manga = a bipolar relationship '--'
Old 2011-11-12, 17:12   Link #9013
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I've been saying this: Seo will continue using recycle materials until the anime is out.
Old 2011-11-13, 22:02   Link #9014
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Y'know, this is somehow reminded me of Suzuka how her father was against of the situation. Anyway, Haruto's determination was somewhat shattered but Yuzuki should do something for a change instead of relying all the work to Haruto. Go elope or something
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 22:06   Link #9015
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Y'know, this is somehow reminded me of Suzuka how her father was against of the situation. Anyway, Haruto's determination was somewhat shattered but Yuzuki should do something for a change instead of relying all the work to Haruto. Go elope or something
I think this is way overdue, Yuzuki needs to prove that she meant what she said about never being separated from Haruto again.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:28   Link #9016
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

What is really going to bake your noodle is:

Is this Seo's doing or is this the Editor's doing.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:54   Link #9017
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
What is really going to bake your noodle is:

Is this Seo's doing or is this the Editor's doing.
You know its Seo, don't try to blame it on the poor editor.

Seo no newb to drawing manga, so he pretty much plow through their suggestions without turning an ear.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:32   Link #9018
Saber024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I think this is way overdue, Yuzuki needs to prove that she meant what she said about never being separated from Haruto again.
agreed. and besides, if i was Haruto, after all we've been through, i'd give that stereotypical father a piece of my mind.

and i'm Asian btw.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:36   Link #9019
Saber024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Maybe he'll get drunk and knock up Hoshina instead
i LOL'd at this.
Old 2011-11-14, 21:42   Link #9020
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber024 View Post
agreed. and besides, if i was Haruto, after all we've been through, i'd give that stereotypical father a piece of my mind.

and i'm Asian btw.
Your Asian in terms of your genetic line, but what is your CULTURAL line ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life