AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 00:39   Link #2201
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
In my continued poking around in the creation kit, I noticed something again. Apparently no matter what modifications you do to Alduin and the three Heroes of Skyrim in the final battle, they ALWAYS revert to their default HP values (338 health for the latter), and what's stranger, Alduin becomes invulnerable in the process.

So I disabled his invulnerability for the last battle, but despite I've tried doing everything I could, but Alduin always, ALWAYS goes back to 3027 Health, despite the base template having 13500 health.
Old 2012-02-19, 11:42   Link #2202
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Nice structurally.... the blue color seems a bit too light when I compare it to pics of Saber (even the mod creator's own avatar shows a darker shade of blue). I think I've seen another one or two that use existing gear elements to create the flavor of Saber without breaking world-immersion much.
Here's one: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7135
this one is preety good too, but the main problem is that the guy didn't knew how to do the textures + shading, its preety strange sometimes

Here's what im talking about

EDIT: The new one is good, but her skirt is strange

Spoiler:

Last edited by DuoRanger; 2012-02-19 at 14:46.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 22:57   Link #2203
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My petite destruction mage Snow has put Lydia in charge of the home base and now travels with Kharjo, the charming Khajiit warrior. New pics in her album:
http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3588

(note: Snow is scaled 0.85 ... this makes leaps across some ravines challenging or requires some alternate creativity).

Spoiler for No, I'm not a witch and if you don't go away I'll set you all on fire:
Old 2012-02-20, 23:31   Link #2204
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Here are some good mods I've found.

Hunger/Thirst/Sleep mod, with basic mode and more complex mode.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10639

Survival mod with a hunger/thirst/sleep component (simpler in nature than first mod). You can also craft weapons and armors out of firewood, animal pelts, and ivory. Good for hunter type characters. Good with the next mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9987

Portable campsite mod. This is good with the last mod. Comes with a version where you buy the campsite items, or a version where you craft them.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9935

Scout armor and weapon mod. Craft scout armor (with a good armor rating) using leather, leather strips, and dragon scales. Craft scout weapons, including a bow, arrows, dagger, sword, and a counter dagger which is actually a shield (so you don't have to go around with a clunky regular shield)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7109

Ranger Ridge, a home close to Honningbrew Meadery and Riverwood

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9904

Playing a scout, ranger, or hunter type character and wish more powerful bows look like something more natural? Try this mod. You can make, say, elven bows look like either long bows, imperial bows, or hunting bows.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4032

This goes well with the last mod. Hunting bow re-textured. Three new textures for the hunting bow (choose one). I like the dark brown one the best.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2985

Craftable arrows using firewood, ingots, and feathers (feathers can be bought)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5879
Old 2012-02-20, 23:33   Link #2205
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you are a little undressed to take down a dragon

WITCH!
Old 2012-02-21, 00:56   Link #2206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
you are a little undressed to take down a dragon

WITCH!
If one is going to scamper around with "0" armor, it might as well look good and yes, she's a little witch
Old 2012-02-21, 10:24   Link #2207
DuoRanger
Banned

it's funny, that most people prefers a non immersive armor than a realistic one

at least the boots combines better with the armor

(idk how to put in thumbnail)

http://i.imgur.com/9VAOy.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-24 at 16:27.
Old 2012-02-21, 15:40   Link #2208
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't know that its terribly non-immersive -- "0" armor clothing fashion choices pretty much suck in my opinion. Light armor is a little better and there are lore-friendly mod choices galore out there for that. When I think of a mage, something more colorful or flashy than "potato sacks" comes to mind. Her background (in my mind) is former street urchin so she has some raggy items that she's enchanted.

My warrior and rogue characters both wear combinations of vanilla and modder lore-friendly gear.
Old 2012-02-21, 16:29   Link #2209
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
I don't know that its terribly non-immersive -- "0" armor clothing fashion choices pretty much suck in my opinion. Light armor is a little better and there are lore-friendly mod choices galore out there for that. When I think of a mage, something more colorful or flashy than "potato sacks" comes to mind. Her background (in my mind) is former street urchin so she has some raggy items that she's enchanted.

My warrior and rogue characters both wear combinations of vanilla and modder lore-friendly gear.
im more Rpg'ist about this.

those people on Skyrimnexus, or they are retarded or some users there prefer more fanboyism instead of reason

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...r/page__st__40

look the comments

Last edited by DuoRanger; 2012-02-21 at 17:18.
Old 2012-02-21, 16:46   Link #2210
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A lot of the posters (and mods) are .... challenged :P - I try not to read the comments too much

That little silk thing, for example, is one of the first non-immersive things I've seen that I thought was *pretty* instead of clinical/slutty/too-stupid-too-actually-wear. Snow has been wearing either that whitened stormcloak-based item or the snow-leopard foresworn white armor (white hair pale skin red eyes white white - hence Snow). I've also found some Nocturnal garb that seems magi/witchy... though I'd like to find a white/silvery one.

I'm somewhat flexible on gear but I hate the "clinical/slutty/deisgnedby12yroldmalebrain" crap that is kneedeep on the site. Stylish is what I'd rather have - and this is the Dragonborn we're playing, so a *little bit* of stand out garb isn't a bad thing.
Old 2012-02-21, 18:25   Link #2211
DuoRanger
Banned

well, here's the prologue about my last character before i start to play Kingdoms of Amalur

"it's been 2 months, since i set foot here in this strange land called skyrim, the last thing that i remember it's the spirit of my loved father holding me in his arms before i died alone in the darkness, when i wake up, i've saw myself being carried out to a city called Helgen to be executed, i though that this was hell(after everything what i did in life), but, i wasn't alone, there was a girl in her eighteens, followed by a great noble who calls himself Ulfric Stormcloak and his liutenant, a man called Ralof, the last one was a man who was executed when he tried to escape from his judgement.

we reached the city, i thought that this was the end of line to me, when i was close to be executed, a Dragon(i dont even know what to say, This one had something different from the ones what i knew back in azeroth, something more evil), attacked the town and started to destroy everything on his path, i've escaped thanks to Ralof and the Strange girl.

during our journey to ralof's town, a small and poor village called Riverwood, he tell to us about everything that happened, he told that this land called skyrim it's on a civil war, after their empire banned the reverence of a god called Talos, and that the empire sold themselves to the elves of kingdom called Aldmeri Dominion.

i was lost, i don't even knew what was happening, when we reached riverwood, gerdur, ralof's younger sister sent me and the strange girl to a city, caled whiterun, during our journey to whiterun, the girl talked with me, she talked her name(and a preety one for someone of her stature): Arturia Pendragon, she told me that she was a great warrior in her land who fighted armies with her noble knights and during her last battle she died in peace after a great victory, like me, she tell that after that she saw only darkness and after that she wake up in this land too...

well that's it, i have the story on my head about how their reaction about their armors and weapons on skyrim, arthas dovahkiin, and how he helped illia and kharjo

Level 35(i've fixed the teture bug on this saber's armor)

Arthas Menethil in his journey of redemption (The Evil Arthur)
Arturia Pendragon being the good master and half-sister, putting arthas on the good side(The Good Arthur)
Illia Parvencia, helping the duo after they saved her from a evil path after she killed her Evil mother.
Kharjo, The Khajiit that Guards your back!
http://i.imgur.com/jb712.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-24 at 16:29.
Old 2012-02-21, 18:29   Link #2212
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think my only minor poking remark is "how does he reach his cereal bowl with thing on?"

Saber doesn't stand out too badly --- I imagine most people would just assume she's some obscure Imperial 'special forces' unit.
Old 2012-02-21, 18:43   Link #2213
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
I think my only minor poking remark is "how does he reach his cereal bowl with thing on?"

Saber doesn't stand out too badly --- I imagine most people would just assume she's some obscure Imperial 'special forces' unit.
She's a Breton, since most of the imperials are Roman Milk Drinkers!

"maybe she's the daughter of a powerfull Lord of High Rock"
Old 2012-02-22, 20:20   Link #2214
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm at two critical plot points with my main two characters
(mage is dealing with Winterhold College crisis -- assassin is now head of the Dark Brotherhood after a tragedy and on to slay the Emperor)
so I decided to dinker a bit with the Creation Kit. Basically, with respect to these silly bits of motivators:
1) I like catgirls.
2) Lore in Skyrim allows for inter-racial breeding
3) I like catgirls... oh, I said that.
I'm seeing if the kit will allow me to create a human hybrid with some of the feline racial traits (khajit night vision, etc). I've also never tried a "deep thief, pickpocket, sneak, lockpick" so I've tossed that in along with a fascination for shinies and an innate compulsiveness to steal shinies because she CAN. Cat brains -- how would a cat handle this? She's looted Riverwood and had to kill several residents, now its off to White Run. Probably the worst choice to be annointed Dragonborn EVAR.

edit: This little exercise is somewhat non-trivial. The ActorValues are poorly documented (even lots of disagreement over the code names much less what value ranges). I've been able to set things like attack speed, running speed, jumping bonuses, defense.... I *think* I've been able to activate night vision (still testing) but haven't figured out how to give her claw attacks... for now I just amped up her unarmed attacks. In exchange for the kitty bonuses, I've reduced her defense a bit and she won't wear anything but light armor and won't learn any enchanting. I'm also having her wear the "Kaw Kitty" ears and tail with long hair. Her human half is Imperial.
Pickpocketing seems pretty challenging to get started on... lots of running away

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-02-23 at 02:39.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 21:20   Link #2215
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If catgirls act anything like real cats....you don't own a catgirl...She owns you...as a slave.

(Remember, dogs think they are people, cats think they are gods)
Old 2012-02-22, 21:29   Link #2216
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If catgirls act anything like real cats....you don't own a catgirl...She owns you...as a slave.

Correct... everything is about the cat: sociopathic demons who happen to look cuddly and will cuddle if it achieves personal satisfaction.

Quote:
Actually, I thought it was that dogs think you're a dog (helloooo, alpha) and that cats think you're just useful pink monkeys with thumbs who are hard to train.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-02-23 at 02:41.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 22:18   Link #2217
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Darn, I messed up distributing my perks and now I'm stuff with a fully leveled character with maxed skills. *sigh* Maybe I get overexcited with abusing the Oghma Infinium.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 22:51   Link #2218
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Darn, I messed up distributing my perks and now I'm stuff with a fully leveled character with maxed skills. *sigh* Maybe I get overexcited with abusing the Oghma Infinium.
Surely you have a few older saved games left? And with the Oghma bug it wouldn't take long to recover the lost progress. Unless you only use one saved game?
Old 2012-02-22, 23:02   Link #2219
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Are you playing on PC? There is a way to reallocate perks on the PC version.
Old 2012-02-23, 07:08   Link #2220
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There is...this quote from I-can't-really-remember-who that more or less goes like this "dogs look up to us; cats look down on us but...when pigs look us in the eye, they see their equal."

Right now I'm kind of raaaaaging on my PC because I somehow managed to break the Blood on the Ice quest, something that is apparently relatively easy to do (to break it, I mean). I at least know I messed up when being offered to sell the talisman to Callixto (ended up repocketing it and skewering the scripted event sequence) AND when the body is discovered at nighttime and I need to question the witnesses. Console commands are pretty much useless trying to fix this now - I got to the point where Windhelm's steward intends to arrest the mage, Wuunferth, but he never seems to actually do it (the mage is still free), and the quest is marked as completed on the quest HUD.

So...go back in time and start all over? The problem is that I like to free space on my multipurpose partition (it hosts temp files/profiles for my games like BF3) and so I deleted a lot of old saves. But I should still have one made at the end of the civil war campaign, which is when I started the BotI quest. It's annoying, but I'll have to make do with it before going back to my current game save.

BTW, I gave Lydia some daedric armor because it seems to me like she's a magnet for spells (AND she ALWAYS has to step on those bloody tripwires/pressure plates) and she needed better protection, but....recently, every time I enter a building or hidden location (cave, tomb, etc.), that armor disappears and the only thing she's left wearing is her helmet, the gauntlets and the boots. I'm pretty much getting tired of using console commands to get her to ditch that default steel armor.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-02-23 at 07:30.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim