AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-03, 02:16   Link #281
Bloodseeker

The Wu have been my favorite since DW4, character-wise. Sun Ce, Sun Jian, Sun Shang Xiang, Zhou Tai (my favorite to play as), Lu Meng, and the Qiao sisters FTW.I have favorites in the other two armies too (Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang, Zhao Yun, Zhen Ji, and of course my original favorite, Xiahou Dun), but Wu is by far the best overall.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 07:12   Link #282
mouhitori

If you have played the Romance of Three Kingdoms tactical game series, I think that would influence people's perception of the generals too. They have real numbers as stats after all. In that game, there are relatively few Wu generals that have top strengths.

Sun Ce is probably one of the strongest general from Wu, especially from that game

Spoiler:
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 08:15   Link #283
Bloodseeker

Yeah, Sun Quon isn't anywhere near as cool as the rest of his family.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-03, 17:38   Link #284
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
I wouldn't say they were the true "top tier", but the Shu generals definitely had more spot lights in the novel. Which often resulting in modern adaptations, such as video games, to portray them as a step above the others.

If one had to make a true Tier-list going by the feats in the novel, then the upper top tier would be flooded with Wei and Shu generals.

I really don't think RotTK portrayed the Wu generals as all that strong or described about them as much as the others, so I was a bit surprised that Ikkitousen started with Sun Ce being the main character and all O.o
I would to agree with you on the novel aspect. Shu always seemed to have more of a spotlight than the rest, perhaps because Liu Bei wanted a kingdom built on virtue. It really shows in the video game adaptations also the fact that Zhuge Liang sided with Shu might have had a hand in it. But in terms of generals i would have to say Shu and Wei did stand out. Cao Cao had some of the most fiercely loyal generals. Like Dian Wei,Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, and one of favorites Cao Ren and Zhang Liao.

Shu's generals of course were very loyal as well, Of course Guan Yu and Zhang Fei along with Zhao Yun and later Jiang Wei.

I was also surprised that they put Sun Ce as the main character in Ikkitousen. But than again the series is very loosely based so we cant really compare it all that much to the novel
Old 2007-04-03, 18:45   Link #285
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Have watched ep 5 subbed.

1. Loved the BGM during the Teni/Ryomou fight.

2. Cho'un's awesomeness should not to praised from her defeating of Ryomou. We all know that upon first aweakening, the bearers are unconcious and they are thus easily defeated. Remember in the first season? Sonsaku awoke during her first match with Ryomou and she was taken out with one punch from Saji. So, Cho-un awesomeness should be praised from her battles in the manga. They were supe awe...And as she said herself, if Ryomou hadn't been made into mince by Teni, she might have lost.

3. I wonder how they are going to explain Ryomou's dragon in the anime? They better not use that fight with Hakufu.

4. Kan'u and Cho'un, what exactly is going on btn you two I wonder.

5. I loved how Sonsaku was all worried about Mou-chan. it reminds me of Haruhi's fretting over Yuki in 'Snow Mountain Syndrome'. I am a sucker for such simple things. Thus, I await possibilities btn Sonsaku and Ryomou.

6. Saji-kun, whatever happened to you? Where art thou Saji? Did you already meet thy maker without our knowledge?

Ehe he, couldn't resist.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 18:50   Link #286
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
1. Loved the BGM during the Teni/Ryomou fight.
I've been very impressed with the musical score from this series --- a lot better then the first. Love the Guilty Gear style that they've gone for. I REALLY need a OST release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
6. Saji-kun, whatever happened to you? Where art thou Saji? Did you already meet thy maker without our knowledge?
Just my luck that my fav' character from the series hasn't even appeared yet.. i'm starting to think it won't happen at all --- unless they add him right at the end smiling, I'D LOVE THAT!

Spoiler for Episode07:
Old 2007-04-04, 03:45   Link #287
Jamie OD
Rusty Metal Alchamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF View Post
Anyone here heard about the DVD specials?

One word, onsen!
Do you mean the trailer or the limited edition DVD thing that was released in Japan a while back?
Jamie OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 05:52   Link #288
JayF

There;s a special DVD only OVA in the DVD just released.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 10:32   Link #289
X_Danny_X

who is the strongest character for the series? it seems that the girls are somewhat stronger than the boys here and so far wiki says that this series is about 13 episodes long.

Spoiler:
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 16:34   Link #290
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post

parts of episode 6 is out in youtube already
Episode 6 was pretty lame, all things considered. All that happened was Koumei getting recruited by Ryuubi. Almost no action at all.

The next ep preview on the other hand...
Spoiler:

Cappage
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=36
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:45   Link #291
Honey_and_Cleaver

Saw ep5.All episodes are great as hell. The chicks are super. Sousou kicks ass.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:28   Link #292
TigerII
Pilot in Training

So, who wants to take bets on who dies.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:25   Link #293
Bloodseeker

*watches episode 3*

Twintails girl is hot. I thought that she was just going to be cannon fodder for a second... that would have been a waste.

Its nice to see Hakufu back as the lead.
Old 2007-04-05, 00:01   Link #294
rpgman1

It's interesting that Rin Shin, the character designer for I: DD did some hentai OVAs. Makes me wonder why there is so much fanservice in the series. No one gave credit on ANN for Satoshi Urushihara, who did the character design and animation on the ending. At first, I thought the characters were the same design, but their facial expressions and eyes are almost completely lifeless. The girls still look hot though.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 08:12   Link #295
Urd
Airborne

so...
speaking of eps. 6
what was all that talking about?
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:11   Link #296
Jamie OD
Rusty Metal Alchamist

The anime is really catching up with the manga. Volume 11 of the English translation is to be released next week according to the Tokyopop website (a day after Volume 4 of Battle Club oddly enough).

I've noticed a theme with the illustrations used for the ad breaks for both series. In series one we mostly had images of the characters in their nightwear (I think only Kanu was shown wearing something other than pyjamas, but she had 2 images). This series we have the girls in cosplay (Ryomou as a cop, Ryubi as a kitty, Kaku as a nun, Teni as a gymnist and Chouhui in a kind of Little Bo Peep costume. Goei is just in a bikini, so I think she's being a MILF).

I hope my favourite character, Ukitsu appears soon. If she does not get killed off in both manga and anime I will be really relieved. There's nothing mentioned in her fate that she will be killed but you never know.
Jamie OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 13:02   Link #297
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
so...
speaking of eps. 6
what was all that talking about?

what aroduc posted was basically it. the girls fought the two Shaolin Monks and were defeated but we didnt see no action.

then it was Koumei getting recruited by Ryuubi

X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 16:55   Link #298
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
what aroduc posted was basically it. the girls fought the two Shaolin Monks and were defeated but we didnt see no action.

then it was Koumei getting recruited by Ryuubi

I've already deleted the episode, but there honestly was next to nothing of plot value there. A fair bit of just random nonsense about Koumei herself, and more about yada yada Unchou still has to train etc etc etc.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 17:10   Link #299
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just caught episode 5 now i see what some other members were talking about, it freakin ruled. First the fight with Teni and Moe-chan was horrific the blood lust in Teni eyes and speech was so apparent that im sure if we were there our hair would have stood on end. It seems that Ryomou was a little shocked that this little girls killing aura was so strong. Like i said before please dont piss off the goth lolita girls with bows.

Ironically Ryomou being saved by Chun un only to be hurt even more was really sucky. However the good news was we got a peek at Ryomous dragon which looked bad ass and pretty strong. Chun also commented later on that if Ryomou had not been weakened by her previous fight she would might have ended up like that.

Im guessing that Ryomou can not control her dragon very well just like the others. Even though Sou Sou seems to be the furthest along in turning it on and off. What he did his underlings made my stomach turn. If im not mistaken Hakufus dragon is growing in power as well and its getting harder for her to control it. Which is apparent when she almost released it in the house because of her emotional out burst.

Cant wait for the sleeping dragon Zhuge Liang to make her debut. Its seems like Kan u knows that things are moving very fast and has taken steps to make sure that Seito is ready for the fight that will come, although Koukin stressed that Nanyo was not looking for a fight with them we know thats impossible eventually Ryuubi, Sou Sou and Hakafu will have to have a deciding battle. However with the dragon jade being a wild card its possible that one of their fates will be changed.

In this episode Ryomou ran into a man who informed her of the Dragon Jades power even though all 3 dragons must be awaken before the power will be released. Does anyone know who that man was?
Old 2007-04-06, 13:24   Link #300
Urd
Airborne

So All Mighty Kan-u Unchou got defeated by a Shaolin Monk?
What the hell was that?
isn't she the one who has the fame of never being defeated in a single combat??

anyway... what does the next eps. preview says?
i'm kinda confused...
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote