AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 02:17   Link #2041
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Really a feel good finale. Hope there's a 3rd season too. Even though there was hardly a storyline, with exception of the Union Fest, I really enjoy this season. Alot of character development and introduction of new characters and giving them equal screen time. Of the 3 princess I'd say Couvre is my favorite. She's so cute! Of course I'd like for them to develop Gaul more. Maybe next season
Old 2012-09-30, 02:18   Link #2042
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wait so who ended up with who? XD
Old 2012-09-30, 04:27   Link #2043
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
What the girls want
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 06:20   Link #2044
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So, even after so much effort pushing Milhi toward Shinku, or perhaps because of, Becky got her share of bread nee~

*waves victory flag because of WIN ending*

Lol @ Cou for asking if he will marry BOTH, which is likely, but... well, most likely we wont see it.
Old 2012-09-30, 06:44   Link #2045
Sumeragi
Banned

"Idealistic" conclusion: He marries Becky on Earth, Milhi when in Hero Mode.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:14   Link #2046
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tsuzuki conclusion- THEY ALL STAY AS FRIENDS DESPITE EVERYTHING!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:34   Link #2047
JokerD

Harem End: We find out Fronya allows for multi-partner relationships and for the sake of inter-kingdom alliances, a web of marriages take place

Edit: Since Cinque lost to Nanami and both of them lost to Rebecca, doesn't that but Cinque at the bottom of the Heroes ranking?

Last edited by JokerD; 2012-09-30 at 07:54.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 08:13   Link #2048
Seiryuu

What can I say about this season? "Much adog about nothing" is probably the best way to sum it up. Nothing really happened. There were plenty of things opened up to allow development, but nothing was ever actually done with it.

That's not to say it was bad; the possibilities weren't entirely discarded or blocked, so there's potential for something to develop, but nothing seriously developed in these 13 eps. As a complete story, this is not worth much, but this season could work well as a setup for future stories. That's why I seriously hope a new season comes out, and relatively soon. I want to see Becky and Nanami in truly serious situations, where there really is a great deal at stake.

And maybe make the characters look just a bit older, since it'll be a while before the next break so at their age the development should be apparent. Not to mention this could help with the dissonance of "Hero-time" Cinque with Becky and the princess (a friend of mine for some reason seriously didn't like that).

One possibility that was definitely brought forth despite being quickly dumbed down is that demon cave. Supposedly the demons there were "sick" and are "healing", but if this illness is one of the soul, of anger and hate, then there's no telling whether the sealed being will return to peace or grow ever darker, crueler and more powerful until the seal can't hold them. Also, I still seriously want to know more about just what happened that turned a semi-heroic pervert into a king of demons, and what made him go back to being just a perv with good intentions.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 09:43   Link #2049
SQA

I think I can explain the Demon King bit:

Basically, his power was such that there was no one in Flonyard that could actually stand up to him. That Bright Power of his is murder to anyone but a Hero-level warrior. Given that his "fall" also started the move to round up the Demon Swords, the world he "ruled" as Demon King was much, much more dangerous than the current one. With normal Demons roaming around, the "protection" effects were very limited.

So, his nature is a pervy voyeur. But he was completely unchecked for quite a while. It wasn't until Adelaide was summoned that someone could stand up to him. So what we see is his nature (which is pretty complex, actually) with someone to check his baser impulses. (Though, this being Dog Days, he wasn't ever going to be a real antagonist)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:56   Link #2050
EroKing

Images
Millhiore
Tron, I think she is ready for some action do- *EroKing gets blasted towards the moon by Becky*
Old 2012-09-30, 15:45   Link #2051
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

And thus the heroic summer holdiays ends with Dog Days. So who wins the Hero of Summer? Kirito? Shinku or Akatsuki?
Old 2012-09-30, 18:03   Link #2052
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Another great season for t he Dog Days series. Awesome, and wouldn't mind a season 3. Although Seven Arcs better give Sekirei a season 3 first lol
Old 2012-09-30, 18:22   Link #2053
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wait so who ended up with who? XD
Sink and Rebecca.
Isuka and Hina.
Dragon Head A and Dragon Head B.
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:47   Link #2054
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I hate to go pessimistic but that's the 'current' conclusion for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Sink and Rebecca.
Isuka and Hina.
I support this as well.

And of course, Adel and Valerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Dragon Head A and Dragon Head B.
WAT

Oh wait, technically that's true.
Old 2012-09-30, 20:46   Link #2055
Lycodrake

...stuff going on for me so I haven't had a chance of watching the last 2 episodes of this season...

Definitely hoping for a 3rd season. ;w;
Old 2012-09-30, 20:47   Link #2056
Random Wanderer

Caught up on the last three episodes all at once. Not much to say about them, really, although it was interesting seeing Adel feeling nostalgic for Earth. Given how long she's been a hero, I rather doubt the world is much like she remembers it.

Clearly they've overcome the limitations that prevented the heroes from taking anything back from that world to Earth with them. I wonder how they managed that? Still, even though it seems illogical, I was still happy when all three of them woke up and clearly remembered everything. Somehow the fact that it shouldn't have happened that way didn't matter. Everyone gets to be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You realize Tsuzuki's version of "friends" includes sleeping together in minimal clothing, being blatantly love-love in front of everyone, and adopting children together? In this case, everyone being "friends" is the harem ending. Which works best for me, since it doesn't leave anyone out.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:23   Link #2057
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh it ended again and there no more cute animal ears girl but at less all the heros got some thing this time so maybe there will be a 3rd season

Why cant some one get this
Old 2012-10-01, 01:42   Link #2058
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The Midchilda crew on vacation in Flongarde:

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 03:06   Link #2059
teja208
Critical fanboy

I still find it difficult to believe they really did run a whole season without any serious stuffs happening. I admire their courage though since I've never seen any attempt like this outside of 4-koma SoL series.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 03:54   Link #2060
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Shinku: "Wow you're so pretty!"

Lol! Did he just realized that now?
I can't blame him. They've spent most of their lives as close friends, so he never saw anything more in her than just a girl he hung out with. Now that she changed her looks, he sees her in a way he's never seen her before, making him see the true beauty that has been before him all this time.

Of course, this change is a bit too much for her too handle (given her embarrassed reaction to him calling her 'Rebecca'), so I don't expect this too last long, should a third season ever come about (unless they're really going to push the romance forward more).

Anyway, I liked this second season a lot more than the first, even if less happened here, comparatively speaking. I think the addition of Becky and Nanami as heroes, as well as the addition of Couvert and her entourage was quite welcome, as it gave for more character interaction. If I have to name one thing I wasn't happy with, it would be that I noticed Nanami's role in all this becoming increasingly less as the season rolled on. For all the rivalry she and Cinque seem to have, I saw quite little of it and I would've liked seeing more of their little battles on screen.

So yeah, I welcome more Dog Days antics, though it'll remain to be seen if Japan agrees.

Tags
action, fantasy, sports