AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-29, 22:03   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you can find the series Petopetosan, it has a very interesting interpretation of kappa

In mythology, they are a mixed bag - being both scary & dangerous, but also helpful and loyal if treated nicely.
Old 2008-10-29, 22:20   Link #122
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparker View Post
Fondly recalling Rosette Christopher right now... and to be technical, Zange is a god, not a nun. She's just scamming for the income.
Did i tell you that i laughed out loud when i read this
Old 2008-10-30, 02:27   Link #123
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

enthusiasm for zange aside, i forgot to mention that i <3'd haruka's nagi this episode. definitely some of the best nagi since ep 1. i burst out laughing when she called jin a turd
Old 2008-10-30, 18:49   Link #124
JediNight
キズランダム

It's not really a harem situation. You have the childhood friend that he's oblivious to liking him of course, but Nagi hasn't shown any interest in Jin at all. And Jin hasn't shown anything other than typical teen boy reactions to suddenly having a girl living with him.

Zange's only interest in Jin is that she wants to ruin Nagi. So she wants to annoy Nagi and possibly separate her from Jin by cozying up to him.
Old 2008-10-30, 19:36   Link #125
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well maybe the comment came from someone who reads the manga. It is unclear if anime will do what manga did.
Old 2008-10-30, 22:06   Link #126
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Zange's only interest in Jin is that she wants to ruin Nagi. So she wants to annoy Nagi and possibly separate her from Jin by cozying up to him.
inb4--. I believe this episode mention that .
Old 2008-10-30, 23:19   Link #127
anselfir
Style Über Alles

zange doesn't want to ruin nagi, it is just a sisterly rivalry that has gotten a bit hysterical.
Old 2008-10-30, 23:30   Link #128
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I... You have the childhood friend that he's oblivious to liking him of course.... Zange's only interest in Jin is that she wants to ruin Nagi. So she wants to annoy Nagi and possibly separate her from Jin by cozying up to him.
Jin may not be aware that Tsugumi likes him, but I think he may like her. I think he was about to talk about that with Zange by the river at night when he first met her.

I don't know -- and don't want to know -- what the manga says, but so far it looks to me like Zange is all bad and, like you say, just wants to use Jin as a way of getting at Nagi. I think her plan is to torment Nagi as Nagi gradually turns into an ordinary mortal, and all the power goes to Zange. But time will tell. I hope that anselfir is right.

So far for me, as characters Nagi and Tsugumi are wonderful, Jin is okay, and Zange is entertainingly horrible. I'm not much into people who stand on their sisters' heads, laugh at their weakness, and threaten to humiliate them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-31, 00:15   Link #129
anselfir
Style Über Alles

you have a funny way of spelling glorious when describing zange
Old 2008-10-31, 00:18   Link #130
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
So far for me, as characters Nagi and Tsugumi are wonderful, Jin is okay, and Zange is entertainingly horrible. I'm not much into people who stand on their sisters' heads, laugh at their weakness, and threaten to humiliate them.
I think that’s actually her charm I mean… that’s the role she is supposed to play within the story, opposing/antagonizing the whole being that is Nagi--even if the means to do so are evil. The very contrast/conflict she produces with her sister is what’s making Kannagi more amusing, past the initial impressions and introductions of the characters—just my opinion…
Old 2008-10-31, 00:20   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Though Zange's motives may be mostly about Nagi that may not speak for Hakua. Only have Zange's word on it, but did seem to put out there that the host likes Jin.
Old 2008-10-31, 01:05   Link #132
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
someone should watch that cake scene again
Old 2008-10-31, 17:00   Link #133
SkoolRumble4Ya

This episode is too funny especially when Zange showed up.
Old 2008-11-08, 08:00   Link #134
Shadow Kira01

The best part was when Tsugumi catches Jin and Nagi eatting lunch. The idea of adding sauce to bread and smashed rice crackers on rice is just awful.
Old 2008-11-08, 17:43   Link #135
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I think the joke there though is that Tsugumi's own cooking skills are not up to the task of improving on their diet!
Sadly I can identify only too well with being reduced to eating ketchup sandwiches, their predicament is not unrealistic in the circumstances.... when gods or other prima donnas come to stay the larder is often empty and the chance to restock it never seems to present itself

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Closed Thread