Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 19:24   Link #241
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Two things I just noted on the official website. One, the order of the character bio pics has been rearranged. Looks like Hibiki and Kanade has swapped places. Two, there is now music samples.
The intro page still only has Kanade and Tsubasa, and on the character page, only Kanade and Tsubasa have a transformed form on mouse over, not Hibiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This might be one of the few series that potentially can stop my usual "3 episodes trial" habits, as the first episode was nothing close to entertaining. In fact, it was even a challenge to find something redeemable.

Seriously though, past the plot being extremely convulated and hardly making sense by its own standards, it is difficult to take the series itself seriously considering the characters. Special mention to the "antagonists" being as interesting as clamshells, literally.
Everything made so little sense, which was worsened by an horrible budget. Starting the first 2 minutes, I was a bit surprised how poor it was, by the time of the first 5 minutes, I was questioning if it was even a 2006 production considering how unpolished, rough and awkward it was.

I can't even call it a guilty pleasure / "so bad it is funny" story.
The plot is extremely convoluted indeed. I hope they'll clean that up in the next episode (or next two at least) . If the story becomes totally trainwrecked and/or there is more serious trolling, I doubt I'll continue watching this.
I also dropped Madoka later on when the trolling got too bad, so that wouldn't be the first.
Old 2012-01-12, 20:03   Link #242
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I thought that something from Kanade got transplanted into Hibiki which might explain how Hibiki survived and obtained Kanade's powers. For some reason, they focused on Hibiki's heart during the power activation scene. A black vine was seen growing also.
I think what happened was the piece of Kanada's armor that hit Hibiki, part of it lodged in her heart and the doctors didn't or couldn't remove it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I agree with EVERYTHING DangerMouse and Crimson Cloud have said so far (I'm too lazy to pick out particular quotes :P). I'm still going to watch the show, but I'll never be able to ignore what they've done... KANADE WILL ALWAYS LIVE ON IN MY HEART! T_T
I wonder if in the end of the day, Kanade will end up being the most popular character of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
The intro page still only has Kanade and Tsubasa, and on the character page, only Kanade and Tsubasa have a transformed form on mouse over, not Hibiki.
Well technicaly we have not really gotten a very good look at Hibiki's transformed form. I assume once her form is settled, I think she will have a mouse over alternative view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
The plot is extremely convoluted indeed. I hope they'll clean that up in the next episode (or next two at least) . If the story becomes totally trainwrecked and/or there is more serious trolling, I doubt I'll continue watching this.
I also dropped Madoka later on when the trolling got too bad, so that wouldn't be the first.
Even though I am really enjoying it now, I really hope the make a lot of things clear in the next couple episodes. Hopfuly it won't turn into a trainwreck or Trolling: the Animation.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:52   Link #243
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I think what happened was the piece of Kanada's armor that hit Hibiki, part of it lodged in her heart and the doctors didn't or couldn't remove it all.
That's what i supposed too. The shrapnel is probably immaterial when deactivated (maybe absorbed into her) so the doctors can't remove something that is not there.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:32   Link #244
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
That's what i supposed too. The shrapnel is probably immaterial when deactivated (maybe absorbed into her) so the doctors can't remove something that is not there.
That would make sense. If their armor exist physicaly as apart of them, then the doctors couldn't remove it. (Which makes it kind of more gory in hind site how much Kanade lost of hers.)
Old 2012-01-12, 23:34   Link #245
Marina2

This show's review score in many websites/blog seems to go in opposite way from the feedbacks from viewers

I guess that mean its element is bad ,but it is enjoyable to watch.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:41   Link #246
xizro345
King's Justice

The site added a brief summary for episode 2 with images, don't have time to translate it at the moment though:

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by xizro345; 2012-01-13 at 00:52.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 03:32   Link #247
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
The site added a brief summary for episode 2 with images, don't have time to translate it at the moment though:

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Did i just see who i just see? 4th picture!(I hope it will be true and not just flashbacks)
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:27   Link #248
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Did i just see who i just see? 4th picture!(I hope it will be true and not just flashbacks)
I hope so. If only... Naturally sadly I can't muster any faith in these writers though, probably just a flashback (or Tsubasa memory) with this troll show.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-13 at 05:05.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 07:01   Link #249
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post

Spoiler for Spoilers:
From that last image with Kanade, I can only think of three things. One, it's some sort of flashback. Two, she is miraculously alive (highly unlikely...) because... well it's a fantasy show. Third, a final farewell to Tsubasa in present day, hence the crying. Probably in spirit form or something, telling Tsubasa to take care of her new partner.

Hope someone translates the text.
Old 2012-01-13, 08:13   Link #250
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im not sure how Senki Zesshō Symphogear slipped under my radar but i had no clue episode 1 had even aired till a friend asked if i had seen it yet.

The series has the potential to end up being one of favorite this season. Character designs, music animation and just the over all direction of how they pull the audience in were spot on in my opinion. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and i was hugely disappointed when it ended.

I think what also drew me in is that episode one moved flawlessly from a beautifully animated concert with a kick ass song and two beautifully animated dancing Diva's with some pretty stylish dance moves to fans being slaughtered to some pretty damn cool fights. Man i felt really bad for the girl who was screaming "nooo i dont want to die" only to be eaten by the NOISE. I also didnt expect Kanade to die so soon but she went out like a champ.

Hopefully more information is given in the next episode about what exactly is going on. Ill be watching this series for what it is i wont assume its anything if it does exceed my exceptions then i will just be pleasantly surprised. At this point i am entertained and thats enough for me.

Really liked how the moves the girls were preforming while fighting appeared scrolls instead of them yelling them out. I have a feeling they did this so it would not stop the flow of music that was being sung while they fought.

Only thing that was cliche and very obvious from the start was that Hibiki was end up with a power upgrade from the shard that hit her from Kanade's suit that flag went up the pole almost instantly
Old 2012-01-13, 09:31   Link #251
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Spoiler for whole episode in general...:

Spoiler for bonus image that gives my afterthought:

Old 2012-01-13, 11:54   Link #252
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Spoiler for whole episode in general...:

Spoiler for bonus image that gives my afterthought:

I couldn't agree more.

As for that brief summary in 6 images, it really seems like a farewell in the present day. I feel sorry for Tsubasa already, and I imagine I'm going to feel even worse after I actually watch the second episode. As long as she remains as one of the main characters, I’m sure I’ll enjoy the show. However, if she also gets killed off or doesn’t get much screentime, then I’ll just stop watching. ~_~
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 12:14   Link #253
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

A show that use music as weaponry?

Insta-win

Don't fail me now you oh so promising DnB OST

I'm sensing Madoka vibes....
Old 2012-01-13, 12:27   Link #254
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
From that last image with Kanade, I can only think of three things. One, it's some sort of flashback. Two, she is miraculously alive (highly unlikely...) because... well it's a fantasy show. Third, a final farewell to Tsubasa in present day, hence the crying. Probably in spirit form or something, telling Tsubasa to take care of her new partner.

Hope someone translates the text.
Rising in her chest, is the melody that she hums, the song that will weave the life of tomorrow or--

While the meaning of the use of her power remains unknown, the opening of the war mercilessly and swiftly opens.

Now, the creaking gears turn, the tale of the girls begins from here.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-01-13 at 13:28.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 12:51   Link #255
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I think I have facepalmed more times with one episode only with Horizon... so call it troling, so bad it's good, or whatever, but this one is just LULZ
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 13:58   Link #256
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Suite Symphogear 02 - KACHUN! The Beat Module of the Heart Can't Be Stopped!:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 14:45   Link #257
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man if they knew how popular Kanade was going to be for only having maybe 7 minutes of screen time and no character development they probably would have kept her. I mean goddamn that's some instant character popularity.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 15:03   Link #258
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Man if they knew how popular Kanade was going to be for only having maybe 7 minutes of screen time and no character development they probably would have kept her. I mean goddamn that's some instant character popularity.
I think she got popular because she died,there's nothing like dying to increase your popularity.
Old 2012-01-13, 15:33   Link #259
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I think she got popular because she died,there's nothing like dying to increase your popularity.
You'd think so, but unless I'm mistaken, I think it was Kanade's character design was what made her popular at first - then her personality went even further towards making her popular. As such, there was outrage on AS when she died in Ep 1.

As much as I said I'd be considering dropping this, I reckon I'll give it the 3 episode treatment before making my decision.

Caught the RAW just to see the OP and ED (as previously stated, the OP song is awesome)...very nice touch that both Tsubasa and Hibiki are 'singing' the OP song - certainly adds to the point that it's battling with music. Still don't quite follow why Hibiki's eyes are so much larger than everyone else's (even Miku's are normal sized, even though the two are probably the same age. Makes Hibiki look out of place).

Two more things.
1. Was it really necessary for Hibiki and Tsubasa to be in the nude during the OP? Seems a touch strange to me.
2. I'm getting VOCALOID/Megaman vibes from the transformations - Hibiki resembles the VOCALOID Kagamine twins (look it up), and the pink haired girl in the OP who I know sweet FA about (a small cap of her 'transformation' is about 41 seconds in) looks somewhat like a female Blues/Protoman (with a bit of Zero chucked in for good measure).

The ED...WTF? Skipped through to it, and thought someone had tacked on a completely different shows ending. I'm sure "Another" would take all those severed body parts off your hands, Symphogear

Will have a look at the Episode itself when it is subbed.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:30   Link #260
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
They should have kept her.

And IMO trolling is stupid and even more so especially if you're not going to troll everybody and only troll half of your audience.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Figured that would come up so I guess it should be revisited at least once more and you'd think so but viperdk1 answered it best.

No it's hardly the first time a series has opened with a hero sacrificing themselves for the lead who grows up to want to be like that person. It was entirely that they had something with her (character design, personality, the way those two pieces were coming together for the first few minutes) and threw it away, and threw it away for "that" despite advertising the show as being about Kanade and Tsubasa. If they didn't troll anybody her death would have still had impact and surprise and not been a dirty bait-and-switch, losing the character I came to see and whom had a great design that originally got me to check out the show (and for a short time a great personality I was looking forward to and to learning more about) in my opinion.

As viperdk1 said, it started with her character design and then her personality pushed it to the next level. They developed and gave her a unique, genuine, likeable personality more in the first few minutes before they went the extra mile and killed her than Hibiki will get in the entire series considering we've seen her arc numerous times (even if they add some extra tears making her sacrifice herself in the end). Before we even got to know her, in an "idol action show" no less, her striking character design (IMO) was suddenly added to with despite being the "aggressive" one of the pair she was coming off as neither a raging arrogant or airhead, nor an emo (and Tsubasa seemed like a potentially good partner for the two of them to play off of), she actually had bit of several different character types rolled into one in her short time on screen unlike especially Hibiki who is the most unoriginal overdone character in existence with a character design that completely panders to the current moe craze, and that's fine in a character like "Hibiki" when you're not trolled with something else that's potentially awesome first (I like plenty of shows with normal protags) and then have it taken away purely for trolling despite BOTH Kanade and Tsubasa being on the series image, not just one of them.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-13 at 16:59.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy