AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 22:36   Link #181
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
You mean constantly sticking a fork in her isn't enough? That's already 100 times better than the lead of a certain XEBEC alien harem comedy.
Eh. All he does is react to her. It'd be fine if his tsukkomis were funny.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:54   Link #182
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Any idea what the huge percentages mean? Sounds positive to me.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-8720.html#more
It's the evaluation by Nico^2 users of a live broadcast of the first episode:
1. Very good - 86.5%
2. It was okay - 10.7%
3. Not so good - 1.3%
4. Bad - 1.5%

So overall it's 97.2% in favour of the first episode, which going by the comments, is very good, even better than Accel World's results of:
Interesting - 65%
Kinda interesting - 29%
(I would consider these as the equal of 1 & 2 of Nyarlko's poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Eh. All he does is react to her. It'd be fine if his tsukkomis were funny.
Well, admittedly most of his retorts involve forking her so it's not effective it isn't considered funny. There really isn't much he can do except react to the absurdity around him, except maybe resist being drawn into Nyarlko's pace.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:56   Link #183
Akarin

. . . .

Images
Family Coral
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
This. Is. Awesome.

Oh damn. She was Popura? Is that right?
Yes, Nyarlko's VA is Kana Asumi (Popura, Miya Amagami, Yuno Hidamari).
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:05   Link #184
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post

Images
Family Coral
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yes, Nyarlko's VA is Kana Asumi (Popura, Miya Amagami, Yuno Hidamari).
Best post in the thread...
Old 2012-04-10, 23:12   Link #185
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It's the evaluation by Nico^2 users of a live broadcast of the first episode:
1. Very good - 86.5%
2. It was okay - 10.7%
3. Not so good - 1.3%
4. Bad - 1.5%

So overall it's 97.2% in favour of the first episode, which going by the comments, is very good, even better than Accel World's results of:
Interesting - 65%
Kinda interesting - 29%
(I would consider these as the equal of 1 & 2 of Nyarlko's poll)
Much thanks.

This show gave me Keroro Gunsou vibes, making my sides hurt.
Old 2012-04-10, 23:56   Link #186
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
This show would have been great if not for that little wiener Mahiro pushing all my rage buttons.

Aside from the fact that being raised in an old-school western culture makes me very, very angry when women are hit; seeing the cheap little emo pissant gets stabby with a fork when he doesn't like what others are saying, really grinds my gears.

Wrap your brain around that for a second... somebody says something silly, and he grabs a fork and stabs them... he stabs them because he dislikes what they said.

I the great anime pantheon of FailMales to hate, there are useless characters, there are whiney characters, there are emo's and navel-gazers; but cheap little self absorbed flip-out spazzes Mahiro are the utter nadir.

I wish he was real, if only so I could make sure his fingers could never grip a fork again.

Whatever hack writer thought beating and stabbing women, or women like entities makes great comedy, deserves a kick in the jewels too.
just so you know, the writer of the original novel is female. and what mahiro beat up here is Nyarlathotep, The Crawling Chaos, him of a thousand masks. she could change her form into a tentacle monster or a man if she like.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:07   Link #187
Morisato

Why is the main character voiced by a girl imitating a boy?

Were Satoshi Hino, Yuuki Kaji, Hiro Shimono, etc. not available to voice the harem lead character?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:14   Link #188
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post

Were Satoshi Hino, Yuuki Kaji, Hiro Shimono, etc. not available to voice the harem lead character?
They probably just wanted an excuse to have KitaEri sing with the other girls in the OP so it'll sell better. Nah, it's because she already voiced him in the flash shorts and they decided to carry everyone over to the new series. This isn't the first time a (non-shota) male lead's been voiced a female anyway.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:15   Link #189
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
That's a very common occurrence, you should know.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:20   Link #190
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can't help but LOL that anime girls can physically abuse guys to preposterous lengths and fans eat it like candy, and the minute a guy offers the slightest resistance the outrage begins...
Such is the way of feminists. They want their cake and eat it too.

The manliest man in anime thus far is Kamijou Touma from the anime Toaru Majutsu no Index. Touma falcon punches guys and girls without discrimination between gender for the evil deeds they have done. Reading comments on blogs/discussion sites however, quite a number of people actually scrutinize Touma for hitting a girl even if she's a evil sadistic bitch. Yet they have no qualms about him doing the same to a guy (Equality lol).

They have even given Touma the nickname "Wife Beater" for daring to defend himself from death. Seemingly disregarding the fact that Touma is usually in a near death state due to the torture inflicted upon by his female opponent BEFORE he delivers justice to their face.

Yea Touma can get bones broken, skin ripped off, limbs cut off, etc. but as soon as he so much as touches a woman to stop the torture, he gets labeled a wife beater.

Steins Gate where Okabe falcon punches a woman for the evil deeds she has committed. People bitch and cry foul about him hitting a woman and completely ignoring the evil deeds she has done in the past. If it were a man that did the same deeds, they'd be cheering him on and want the protagonist to castrate the man. I believe that Touma has actually gotten a reputation among anime fans for falcon punching women.

Now I know the old doctrine of "chivalry" and not hitting women (what about self-defense?) but still, doesn't this take it too far in hypocrisy? It doesn't matter if that person is a mass murdering psychopath, as long as she's female, don't hit her (Equality lol)?

Note to guys: If a woman is ever violently assaulting you, do not defend yourself and let them kill you or you (and your family) will live a life of harassment/vigilantism by white knights and feminists.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:26   Link #191
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That's a very common occurrence, you should know.
Not for harems unless the guy is per-pubescent or very effeminate like the one from Girls Bravo or Kanokon. Rito from To-Love Ru too but he has gender bender mode.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:27   Link #192
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
I have some other good news for you - Nyaruko now is already on top of the preorders on Amazon:
***,*12位 ★(***,**0pt) [*,**6予約] 2012年06月22日 這いよれ!ニャル子さん 1 (初回生産限定) [Blu-ray] (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
***,*33位 ★(***,628pt) [*,**4予約] 2012年07月25日 アクセル・ワールド 1(初回限定版) [Blu-ray] (Accel World)
***,127位 ★(***,*80pt) [*,**1予約] 2012年07月25日 めだかボックス 第1巻 [Blu-ray] (Medaka Box)
***,211位 ★(***,451pt) [*,**4予約] 2012年06月27日 クイーンズブレイド リベリオン Vol.1 [Blu-ray] (Queen's Blade: Rebellion)
***,235位 ★(***,734pt) [*,**7予約] 2012年05月25日 これはゾンビですか?オブ・ザ・デッド 第1巻 (オリジナル描き下ろしコースター付き) [Blu-ray] (Kore wa Zombie Desuka? Of the Dead)
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:54   Link #193
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So much seriousness about the mere mortal poking a fork at the moe Eldritch Abomination.
Old 2012-04-11, 01:23   Link #194
Ddraig

I seriously think the main character is gay >_>
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 01:38   Link #195
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Maybe is the VA...Cause i heard the VA is not from a a guy but a girl (Somemore a cute one.)

To the comment below, i don't think i can see the Cthulhu part.

*Gaza-C*

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-04-11 at 02:05.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 01:47   Link #196
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
if you think he's gay because he rejected Nyaruko. then i think you should consider that the main guy know Nyaruko's true form is an Eldritch Abomination, and do you really want to romance with this?

i'm afraid something like this will come out
Spoiler for Cthulhu:
Old 2012-04-11, 02:02   Link #197
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Ooh, this first episode for this anime was a bunch of laughs. It's nice to see Kana Asumi doing the lead heroine's voice, she perfect for that character and her voice is so much fun.

I am however surprised that Kitamura Eri is voicing for the male lead. I'm so used to her girly loli voice most of the time.
Old 2012-04-11, 03:29   Link #198
RDF2050
Superidol

This is the most random anime I had seen in a long time. I am already busy with many other animes (HEY FATE ZERO + BF-15J) but I will keep watching this since the first episode was so random and funny at the same time.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:00   Link #199
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I don't know if you've seen what happens when someone kicks a man in the balls, but trust me it hurts. And drops a man on his knees instantly. And some women can hit pretty hard in general.

Wrongful violence against anyone is a problem, whether it's to women or men. And women can be just as nasty as men; men just happen to be in more positions of power so when they abuse others it's more obvious and talked about.
Seriously, it's funnier since it is a non-issue. Because, you know, he was forking a Cosmic Abomination. "She" could have taken "her" true form, and suddenly all that fuss about "omg man hitting woman" mean jackshit. In Lovecraft's way, "her" transformation would have been the stuff of nightmares like Carpenter's "The Thing", just much worse
Old 2012-04-11, 04:23   Link #200
Flere821
Lurker

Relevant:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../CthulhuMythos

Also: Eldritch Abomination, Go Mad From The Revelation.

I'm not too fussed about the forking. From what I know of Lovecraft, the human appearance is just that, a appearance. I've spent the entire episode trying to come to terms of "my imouto eldritch abomination can't be this cute human", it's jarring. Sure, you don't smack around your ally, but that thing is not a girl. Trying to bring gender into this and looking only skin deep is iffy IMO. Sure, if that thing stays as a person as understood by humans and won't drive everyone insane, it deserves respect as equal to anyone, but if it starts to bring about Armageddon then fry the damn squidlike creature.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, loli, parody, romance, seinen, shounen, trap