Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-03, 23:01   Link #1
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Fushigiboshi no Futagohime

Since the old discussion thread was lost and can no longer be found, I decided to restart it since it's being subbed again!

ふしぎ星の☆ふたご姫
Fushigiboshi no Futagohime
The Twin Princesses of the Mysterious Star

Episodes: 51
Genres: Shoujo, Magic
Main Website: http://futagohime.jp/

Synopsis:
The twin princesses of the Sunny Kingdom, Princess Rein and Princess Fine, said to be the most unprincess-like princesses since the beginning of the Mysterious Star, one day stumble across a strange looking elevator that takes them into the core of the Blessing of the Sun. There they meet Princess Grace, who once risked everything to save the Mysterious Star when the light was about to go out. Now the Blessing of the Sun is weakening again and, if it goes out, the whole Mysterious Star will be covered in darkness.

In order to save the Mysterious Star, Princess Grace bestows the power of Prominence upon them and a spirit guide, named Poomo, so they can help the many people of the Mysterious Star.

Will the two princesses overcome the test and ultimately be able to save the Mysterious Star?

Synopsis taken from AniDb.net and edited by me

Chief Director: Sato Jun'ichi
Production Companies: NAS and TV Tokyo
Main Character Seiyuu:
Fine - Kojima Megumi
Rein - Goto Yuko
Poomo - Koorogi Satomi
Opening Theme: Princess wa Akiramenai by FLIP-FLAP
Ending Themes: Oshare Fantasy and Patatata Run (I'm not sure who sings these... ^^; )

If you love sugary sweet, cute, and funny anime, this is definitely one you should check out.

The first season of this series aired back in 2005, but the fansub world has only been provided with 5 episodes up to this point. Honobono has decided to take on the project so expect to see more episodes soon! ^_^

Note: For more information about the staff, cast, and production of the show visit: ANN.com

Last edited by Coolgurl; 2008-05-04 at 18:12. Reason: Picture Addition/Edit
Coolgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 07:35   Link #2
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I'm currently watching the series myself. It's definitely rather fun and cute. Actually the truth is I'm watching the first season after having finished the second season. Which I guess has the effect of "Wow s/he was like that before?" It mainly happened because I ended up deciding to collect it raw due to the rate the fansubs were being released. However I lost track of the series and well when it was burned to DVD and taken off the drive I was too lazy to put it back on at the time.

However when it came to Gyu! (Season 2) I was able to keep up with it on a more regular basis. Now that I've actually finished Gyu!, I feel obligated in a good way to make progress on the first season. I'm currently up to episode 12. So I guess it could be awhile.
Old 2007-04-11, 12:14   Link #3
FireChick

I am only up to episode 3 and I wonder why nobody's subbed it since episode 5?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 16:15   Link #4
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

The previous group that subbed it was a one person group. It's a lot of work to take on by yourself subbing a series, especially one that's so long. As to why another group hasn't picked it up until now, I can't say for sure, but chances are that by the time it was stalled there was already "newer" anime out. That's what happens with a lot of shows. In the end, the newer shows get more attention for being new and older shows are forgotten about. :/

Anyway, I know I'm excited and anxious to see episode 6+ so hopefully they'll start coming out shortly!
Old 2007-04-11, 17:04   Link #5
FireChick

Quote:
Anyway, I know I'm excited and anxious to see episode 6+ so hopefully they'll start coming out shortly!
What do you mean? Are more episodes being subbed?
Old 2007-04-11, 18:05   Link #6
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Honobono Fansubs is in the process of subbing the show. We're only at episode 2 right now, but 3 & 4 should be out shortly. We also plan to go beyond episode 5. ^^
Old 2007-04-11, 20:33   Link #7
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolgurl View Post
We also plan to go beyond episode 5. ^^
On that note. Do you only have plans to sub the first series? Or is it possible that Gyu! is under consideration as well? Just curious here.
Old 2007-04-11, 22:47   Link #8
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

I can't say for sure that we'd be doing Gyu for the simple fact that the first season is 52 episodes long and we aren't the fastest group. It's still too early to say for sure, but at the current moment we have no plans to do Gyu. We lack general man/woman/people power particularly in the translator department. However, you never know maybe we will. But if we do, it will be after the first season is subbed so it wouldn't be for quite a while anyway.

So unless there are any translators out there that want to help... so we can maybe release faster... it's too hard to say for certain
Old 2007-04-12, 05:23   Link #9
FireChick

Quote:
Honobono Fansubs is in the process of subbing the show. We're only at episode 2 right now, but 3 & 4 should be out shortly. We also plan to go beyond episode 5. ^^
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Old 2007-04-12, 08:54   Link #10
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolgurl View Post
However, you never know maybe we will. But if we do, it will be after the first season is subbed so it wouldn't be for quite a while anyway.
Ah okay that makes sense since it would be silly to sub seasons out of order anyway. Either way for now I'll continue with the strategy of watch raw and then rewatch later subbed. Which I guess is a strategy used by many. *Goes back to making progress on season 1 with episode 13*
Old 2007-04-12, 09:39   Link #11
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
MOE! ^_^. Neosam probably loves this series.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:07   Link #12
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Double release of episodes 3 & 4 today!
Old 2007-04-18, 03:20   Link #13
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Ah that's definitely good news. In any case I'm currently watching the final episode of Futago Hime raw. Although I'm kind of confused. This threads list Futago Hime as 52 episodes, but when I went to copy the episodes to the computer 51 was listed as the end episode. In fact the next time at the end of episode 51 is a preview for Gyu! (Season 2). Err yeah I did an early check. So is this a case of 52 being a mistake or was there some bonus episode that makes it 52 total for the first season?

In any case I just finished the series. Granted I can't comment much due to not being able to understand raws and the fact sometimes I suck at being detailed. However I can say over all that it was an enjoyable series and had a rather fun feel to it. Plus Rein and Fine's dancing scenes to show their mood be it happy or sad has become classic.

Last edited by Tatiana Razajev; 2007-04-18 at 03:40.
Tatiana Razajev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 18:44   Link #14
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Ah you're right. That was my mistake. Sorry about that. I fixed it though. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 2007-06-29, 10:04   Link #15
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

The long awaited sub of episode 6 is now out!

Check out http://honobono.spisoft.net/ for the torrent.
OR
You can join the channel at: #honobono@irc.aniverse.com and use our bot.
The bot listing can be found at: http://apt.beyonder.us/

Last edited by Coolgurl; 2007-06-29 at 12:15. Reason: Addition Info
Old 2007-11-17, 22:11   Link #16
kohxiaoyun

they only sub until 9 sia i hope they are upload more coz is 51 series den the next series i hope they they sub it T.T i love this anime super much!
kohxiaoyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 08:57   Link #17
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Well the last post in this thread was made quite a while ago, but I'm happy to say that honobono has just released episode 19 with more already in the works.
Old 2008-08-03, 09:28   Link #18
FireChick

I wonder if this series will be licensed?
Old 2008-08-03, 15:25   Link #19
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I wonder if this series will be licensed?
I don't know if it will... For a while there was a rumor about it possibly being licensed but so far it hasn't been. Guess only time will tell.

But as far as the fansubs are concerned... I can't wait till we reach the halfway point! I've seen some of the raws and things look like they get quite interesting and exciting in the next few episodes.
Old 2008-08-21, 18:59   Link #20
ello...huh1011

hi... u dont know me but um may i ask were i can watch that anime..... i saw the first episode but i want to see the whole series... do u know were i can watch it????
ello...huh1011 is offline   Reply With Quote