AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-16, 20:07   Link #281
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well if anyone has seen or remembers Ai Yori Aoshi you can take a wild guess at what happened during the confession, especially judging from the preview.

Otani really did amaze me with his denseness this episode...Thought the guy was atleast semi-intune with his surroundings but geeez.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 20:23   Link #282
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

He obviously likes her. Perhaps he doesn't want to get hurt. Those 2 have been together as friends for almost a year now and nothing has happened. At that point, people ususally move on, especially high school students.
Old 2007-05-16, 21:57   Link #283
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
I have to agree with you...It was the worst cliffhanger ever!!! Damm it... I know how it is to confess your feelings in such a way and then the slience till you get the answer...

But other than that the episode was way too romantic considering Risa's point of view. she was so in love....I like her a lot as a character. But that Otani. Man how stupid...Sorry guys of the forum don't take it personally but sometimes you, the boys, DON"T SEE THE SIGNS CLEARLY ENOUGH!!!!!!!! And that's a fact

I can't wait for the next episode although I think that Risa will get disappointed...
Otani may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but Risa also would have done herself a big favor if she had just read the relevant instructions from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Males...
  • You must tell a male exactly what you want. Subtle hints do not work, strong hints do not work, and obvious hints do not work. Just say it.
  • If a male asks you, "what is wrong?" and your reply is, “nothing” he will proceed to act as if nothing is wrong. He does know that you are probably lying, but he also knows that it is undoubtedly not worth the hassle.
This series has rapidly joined Nodame Cantible on my "must watch immediately after downloading" list.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 00:52   Link #284
greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Otani may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but Risa also would have done herself a big favor if she had just read the relevant instructions from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Males...
  • You must tell a male exactly what you want. Subtle hints do not work, strong hints do not work, and obvious hints do not work. Just say it.
  • If a male asks you, "what is wrong?" and your reply is, “nothing” he will proceed to act as if nothing is wrong. He does know that you are probably lying, but he also knows that it is undoubtedly not worth the hassle.
This series has rapidly joined Nodame Cantible on my "must watch immediately after downloading" list.
You know you just described ALL of my ex-boyfriends and most of my guy friends, sad really....
greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 00:59   Link #285
TigerII
Pilot in Training

As a representative of the male gender, I will now states that yes, most of us are dense and do not get hints.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 01:07   Link #286
iwubanime
FMP wubber

yeah, just watched episode 6, and i have to say that otani is missing a lot of signs; i'm like that too, if you don't tell me something directly i'm not gonna understand the situation... although i think even i mighta caught onto some of the things that happened to otani

however, i can sorta understand his thoughts too, here's a girl he hangs out with constantly and has been with (at least) one year, i personally think he likes her, although no solid proof has shown this as true... but anyway, i can see why he wouldn't think of himself even if she said the guy is shorter than her and on the basketball team; especially since she is fairly tall, that could be a lot of guys!

can't wait for episode 7! or more particularly, i can't wait for him to find out her feelings [i hope this isn't one of those series that drags it on and on...]
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 05:33   Link #287
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 6

I don't think there could be a reasonable person alive who could watch that and not want Risa to get a happy ending. They've really executed the romantic component of this series outstandingly, IMO. To say I sympathize with Risa is an understatement, and it's thanks to the fact that the range of emotions she went through are so familiar (to me, anyway, and I'm sure the vast majority in the audience), but also so clearly shown and properly explored.

If this show had just ended with this ep (with a positive response to the confession as well, obviously), I'd have been happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Honey and Clover is a drama and comedy series, not just one of them.
Yeah, but I'd say that, as a comedy, H&C was average. As a drama, however, it's one of the best I've ever seen.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 06:18   Link #288
madcircle
Sneaky

Aaahahaha! Ok, I admit guys can be a little bit of dimwits when it comes to clues (we like straight pipes, as we say in sweden! ), but that Otani takes the prize... I don't know how many times I sat there thinking "Ah, finally, he's got it now" ... and then... nope he didn't get it...

I'm actually starting to get really fond of Risa's friend, Nobu. I like it how she actually helps Risa and pushes her instead of the usual boring "gambate gambate"-preaching. Not to mention she seems to be a natural born ninja, those brutal kicks from behind are to be feared!
madcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 07:05   Link #289
CessBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
As a representative of the male gender, I will now states that yes, most of us are dense and do not get hints.
Don't degenerate us. It's definitely not all our fault that things lead to the things they usually do. Girls have to learn that guys are the way they are and guys also have to learn that girls are the way they are. And after both factions come to an understanding, then happiness awaits them on the other side.
CessBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 07:20   Link #290
mdauben

Quote:
As a guy, this is something that I wish every woman would understand and take to heart. I don't know how many times I've gotten in trouble for missing, or missunderstanding, a woman's "hints". Believe me girls, most of the time it's not that we don't care, its that we don't get it.

Quote:
Again, as a guy I would say that this is actually seldom the reason (at least, it's not when the guy actually cares about the girl). Much more often, it's that either (a) we beleive you when you say "nothing is wrong" and proceed in that belief, or (b) that if there is something wrong, you don't want to talk about it. That is what a guy would mean if he said "nothing is wrong" so we assume girls mean the same thing.

Quote:
Total agreement here! I usually watch the first couple of episodes of a series to see if I like it, then I'll stop and wait for the whole thing to be fansubbed so I can watch it all at once. Nodame Cantabile and now Lovely Complex! are the only ones right now that I don't wait for the whole series and watch right away as each fansubbed episode is relaeased.

Of course the reason I usually wait it that I hate waiting for cliff-hangers like the end of episode 6! How will Otani respond? What will happen to their friendship? Is this the end of the All Hanshin-Kyōjin???

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-05-17 at 08:56.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 08:14   Link #291
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

What keeps amazing me of this series, is that it's improving episode after episode. Number 6 made no exception. I laughed hard, but also recognised a lot of the moments Risa passed as true, as something that real life really provides. The whole show is surprisingly well handled and certainly among my top favs of the season.

And by the way, Risa needs love

Old 2007-05-17, 08:21   Link #292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You should have made an avatar out of Risa's best facial expression from episode 06.

Old 2007-05-17, 08:27   Link #293
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Quote:
Well here is a picture from the end of the final chapter in the manga.

Spoiler for End pic:

Ehmmm
Spoiler:

Sometimes I just need to be 100% sure...
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 08:28   Link #294
Amalia

Quote:
Thank you for telling me I was right...
Old 2007-05-17, 10:07   Link #295
Furudanuki

To be serious, I think that the main reason why Otani is so oblivious to Risa's real feelings is because he has come to consider Risa as his "buddy". The way they have interacted with each other is far more akin to the relationship between two male friends than that of a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. Even when they have done things together that would normally be thought of as a date, their mutual attitude seemed to be "I'm hanging out with my pal who also likes to do this". Once Otani has put Risa in this mental category, everything she does to show her interest in him winds up being interpreted as either "my buddy is supporting me" or "my buddy is acting oddly". And if Otani began having romantic feelings toward Risa himself he, like most guys his age, would be very reluctant to express them for fear of jeopardizing the existing friendship. In all likelyhood if Risa had started behaving the way she is now shortly after they first met Otani would probably have gotten the message fairly quickly. What DOES make me think Otani is incredibly dense is that while he and Risa have at least four mutual friends, he has apparently made no effort to seek their advice even though he knows that something is troubling Risa. The least Otani should have done is let them know he is concerned about Risa and ask if they thought there was anything he could do to help. I'll bet at least one of them would have steered him in the right direction.
Old 2007-05-17, 10:12   Link #296
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You should have made an avatar out of Risa's best facial expression from episode 06.
It isn't as funny as at original dimensions, but done

Spoiler for static version:
Old 2007-05-17, 10:22   Link #297
mdauben

Quote:
Once Otani has put Risa in this mental category, everything she does to show her interest in him winds up being interpreted as either "my buddy is supporting me" or "my buddy is acting oddly".
This also may be something of a result of their height differences. He does seem to have a bit of a complex about it, so he may be unconsiously discounting himself as a potential boyfriend for Risa, which blinds him to all the clues being dropped.

Quote:
What DOES make me think Otani is incredibly dense is that while he and Risa have at least four mutual friends, he has apparently made no effort to seek their advice even though he knows that something is troubling Risa.
Didn't he say at one point in ep 6 that he had questioned everyone about who she is interested in and they would not tell him (obviously waiting for Risa to tell him, herself)?
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 10:50   Link #298
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Didn't he say at one point in ep 6 that he had questioned everyone about who she is interested in and they would not tell him (obviously waiting for Risa to tell him, herself)?
I either missed or fogot that scene entirely - senility is taking its toll, it seems. That's why I usually try to watch important episodes twice before commenting ....
Old 2007-05-17, 10:56   Link #299
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
Ehmmm
Spoiler:

Sometimes I just need to be 100% sure...
??..how many friends do you know that hold hands? Its from a sequnce of events I do not completely know...I should learn Japanese...
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 11:28   Link #300
Amalia

hahahahaha don't say it...because in Greece we hold hands the whole time even if it is just for fun.... Which makes me think... maybe this is why we end up having a relationship with our male friends...

Tags
comedy, romance