AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-05-26, 01:53   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 827 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, let's get this party started! Credit goes to AP's Redon and Sandman for the spoilers:

-Chapter title is "Totland". Splash page features Ivankov and his gang from the Kamabakka kingdom.

-Luffy's group has finally reached one of Big Mom's islands. Pekoms reports to his comrades that he captured the Sunny, but apparently tells them to keep that info secret from Big Mama herself since he wants to surprise her. Interestingly, it seems the country Charlotte created is one that's free of any sort of discrimination, hence the name "Totland" (seems the "tot" can be used to mean "every total race" or something like that).

-Pudding is revealed to be the owner of a cafe, and helps out Luffy and co. when they get in trouble for EATING said cafe. She quickly befriends them, and it's revealed that she's a rather good pastry chef herself. Meanwhile, Big Mom and her men are preparing for the (bloody) tea party. They're already aware of the Straw-Hats' arrival.....

Edit:

Spoiler for 827:

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-06-01 at 13:29.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 05:09   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I prefer not to judge the book by it's cover anyway since we don't know what will happen if Big Mom finds out about Straw Hats already arriving on Todoland.

What makes me curious is how the ruckus will begin?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 08:03   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i'm beginning to think the only yonko luffy will have to fight are kaido and bb
Old 2016-05-26, 08:55   Link #4
Slayerx

Chapter's out...

Rather surprising that Luffy and Co would meet Pudding like this. Not to mention this know makes me question if Pudding really is the 3 eyed girl... she could still be covering her third eye, but i was kinda under the impression that the three eye'd girl was someone who generally stayed near mama's side. Pudding seems quite the happy girl where as three eyed girl seemed much more melancholy

Also it seems pudding just so happens to be a chef in her own right, her specialty being sweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I prefer not to judge the book by it's cover anyway since we don't know what will happen if Big Mom finds out about Straw Hats already arriving on Todoland.

What makes me curious is how the ruckus will begin?
Heh, turns out Mama already KNOWS Luffy is there; in fact she's been waiting for him and preparing a devilish sacrfice
Not to mention it seems like Mama has been maiming and stealing from people to gather the ingredents for the wedding cake. Kinda of a reminder that there is a devil underneth this smiling cartoony charade.

Adnthe source of the rucus was obvious... Luffy + land made out of candy = chaos
Old 2016-05-26, 09:26   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not only is Pudding super pretty, she is also a magnificent pastry chef. It's like this girl was made to be the perfect match for Sanji. How can he not marry this girl?
Old 2016-05-26, 09:49   Link #6
Somnus
Eh?

If this isn't some sort of facade and Pudding is this adorably sweet then...can we have both her and Carrot for nakama? Ha ha ha. She and Sanji can count as 1...right? Right??
Old 2016-05-26, 09:55   Link #7
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
If this isn't some sort of facade and Pudding is this adorably sweet then...can we have both her and Carrot for nakama? Ha ha ha. She and Sanji can count as 1...right? Right??
Only if they are already married yes

Whoa.. Seems we know why Big Mom has the good quality of cake thingy and it turns out she is willing to destroy everything that gets in her way to get what she wanted. Since this is the totland, i could expect Sanji will make some cake based on 99 Newkama recipes.
Old 2016-05-26, 10:11   Link #8
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not only is Pudding super pretty, she is also a magnificent pastry chef. It's like this girl was made to be the perfect match for Sanji. How can he not marry this girl?
Yeah the match is so perfect I cannot help but wonder what's the catch? Is she going to be a total yandere like Yukako? Is her third eye going to be a major turn off? Is that ooze thing in fact the real Pudding, and she's borrowing a human body?
Old 2016-05-26, 10:18   Link #9
Eleutheria
旅行癖

My general impression of Big Mom's introduction in the latter half of the chapter, was basically the banquet scene in Disney's Beauty and the Beast, but with everything fueled by bloooood.

All the fantasy themes previously seen had some sort of Devil Fruit explanation in the end - zombies, talking toys... I wonder who created the evil Disney of Big Mom?
Old 2016-05-26, 10:22   Link #10
Ramero

Another version of Sugar maybe? I was hoping Sugar was not there anyway or maybe another version of Sugar that can transform living creature to toys as well.
Old 2016-05-26, 10:31   Link #11
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

My first reaction when Pudding first time introduced :
Naaaaaah she's cute but Nami still superior than her
2:5
After her official debut :
she's cute, she's beauty, she's elegant
5:5
Noooooooooo!!! Oda!! What have you done!!??? she can't be this peeeerfect!!! what happen to NamixSanjiiiiii
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 10:55   Link #12
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
My first reaction when Pudding first time introduced :
Naaaaaah she's cute but Nami still superior than her
2:5
After her official debut :
she's cute, she's beauty, she's elegant
5:5
Noooooooooo!!! Oda!! What have you done!!??? she can't be this peeeerfect!!! what happen to NamixSanjiiiiii
Maybe if Pudding joins Straw Hats we got girl bickers on the ship on the male we have Zoro vs Sanji and the female we have Nami vs Pudding
Old 2016-05-26, 12:42   Link #13
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Clearly the previous shipping was never meant to be.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 12:54   Link #14
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Yeah the match is so perfect I cannot help but wonder what's the catch? Is she going to be a total yandere like Yukako? Is her third eye going to be a major turn off? Is that ooze thing in fact the real Pudding, and she's borrowing a human body?
Oh i'm kinda hoping for a yandere now. The one thing Pudding is missing is comedic potential, and giving her a psychotic edge under all that sweetness would do just that... maybe it'll turn out that pudding is REALLY looking forward to this wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Maybe if Pudding joins Straw Hats we got girl bickers on the ship on the male we have Zoro vs Sanji and the female we have Nami vs Pudding
Its only now that you mention it do i now want to see a girl on the crew hat would have a more snappy relationship with Nami... but it doesn't seem like pudding would be that kind of girl

Quote:
All the fantasy themes previously seen had some sort of Devil Fruit explanation in the end - zombies, talking toys... I wonder who created the evil Disney of Big Mom?
Ya we are probably gonna find a devil fruit user who can bring objects to life
Old 2016-05-26, 13:00   Link #15
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

* still hoping that Sanji X Violet will happen at the Reverie and this is all just a thing of the past by then. How can Sanji AND Violet be completely in love and then it's just OVER. There needs to be more!!?

OR.. Maybe Sanji and Pudding DO get married and then Sanji meeting up with Violet again at the Reverie will be incredibly awkward and might even cause a lovers conflict. Haha

But I mean, think about this... If Sanji and Violet get married someday, it would join the Vinsmoke and Dressrosa kingdoms together as a family Dressrosa would be safe forever with the name Vinsmoke backing them up! Not to mention Dressrosa would also become Straw Hat territory.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 13:10   Link #16
ranchan13

Ok, so I totally want Pudding for crewmate now
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 13:29   Link #17
necrolyte

^^I think Dressrosa is already Straw Hat territory

Btw I would love it if BM is some vicious pirate. It is time we see someone really evil in One Piece, DF was bad but maybe because of the insanely long arc I don't think he was evil enough
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 13:48   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

*shooting cannon at NamiXSanji ship*

yes... we got a perfect pair for Sanji...
now... if Oda didn't make her as next nakama, I think fans would go riot
she is too perfect.. A cook and a pastry... what a heavenly match

and Big Mom didn't looks too bad.. I thought she is kind of monster or something
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 13:50   Link #19
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Right now, I'm betting that she is the one really pushing for this marriage to happen. If she has a dark side, we'll probably see it when the Strawhats attempt to stop the wedding.
Old 2016-05-26, 14:10   Link #20
marvelB

Well, not surprised to see all the people pushing for Pudding to join.....

Anyways, I thought this was a pretty fun chapter. I still find it interesting that Big Mama is such a brutal tyrant, yet she created her own nation that's free of any sort of discrimination or prejudice. It almost makes it seem like she has a split personality or something. Also, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that the happy talking objects are the results of a DF, just like the toys from Dressrosa. Gotta wonder what kind of fruit makes singing trees and rainbows though, lol.

Edit: Come to think of it, with the whole candy/fantasy theme Big Mama has, I think it would have been more than fitting if she had minions that were basically parodies of the Oompa Loompas, heh. Actually, a crew member (preferably one of the officers) who was a Willy Wonka parody period would be all kinds of awesome....

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-05-26 at 14:35.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote