AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 12:41   Link #301
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The first reaction I had when I saw her sparkles: Those are dandruff from her hair...

She's like Nino on overdrive.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:14   Link #302
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Dem head tilts.

Dat head tilt.

Quite enjoyable episode which reminds indeed Arakawa. I really like chara-design by Asako Nishida (Simoun, Yamibou) specially the long-haired girls. No wonder Hironori Tanaka made some animation (Meme spinning and swinging Erio) for this series since he's a hair fetishist
Old 2011-04-15, 13:16   Link #303
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Crazy loli with a baseball bat.... hmmm.....
Isn't that A-Channel?
Old 2011-04-15, 14:19   Link #304
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2011-04-15, 14:48   Link #305
Jenesay

Now this was fun and showed some originality compared to the other stuff I've seen this season! Will keep watching this, at least for the aunt and the mattress girl. And the male lead wasn't your typical shounen male lead, hell he even commented on the flaws of the stereotyped male lead shounen.
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 15:35   Link #306
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmm... The OP is strangely addictive...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 15:52   Link #307
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Thoroughly enjoyable. I have a tendency for falling for unimaginably cute girls that stand on bicycles and have their ridiculously beautiful, long blue hair blown in the wind. All that while the Moon touches her shoulder.

Yeah, you can guess what my favourite scene was.

As for the OP... I guess having been exposed to countless Touhou arranges helps, because I'm not hearing the ear raping.
That was my favorite scene too. It really made good use of her character design.
Old 2011-04-15, 16:48   Link #308
Kagayaki

The in-blanket pizza eating scene was great. It's a perfect example of the creativity that went into this show.

Ok, well actually only about half of the material in the show is original, and the other half is cliched or straight out recycled. The self-aware humor might have been clever, except that literally two thirds of the comedy series these days seem to do that. (I think that was Yamakan's big beef with the anime industry, although who can ever be sure what that guy is thinking. I agree with him on that note though.) Note to authors: pointing out a lack of originality/believability in your work does not automatically make it witty, original, or believable.

Side note: I rolled my eyes at all the Shaft Headtilts™.

I also rolled my eyes when I saw the Sparkly Moonlit Girl Reveal (with Windblown Hair). My second thought was that the pizza bits everywhere made it kind of sexy though (lol I can't believe I just wrote that) and the disheveled look helped too.

You know what, her entire character is basically Shaft's finest effort at making a laser-guided bomb of sexy moe attributes. Every leg wave, closeup shot, and wind-induced skirt ruffle is carefully engineered for maximum viewer enjoyment. The worst part is I know exactly what they're doing, but I still can't help but fall for it.

Last edited by Kagayaki; 2011-04-15 at 17:00.
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 16:50   Link #309
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Freebies:

I wanted to make myself a sig featuring Erio with her hair fluttering in the wind, but there are just way too many frames. Stupid animesuki limits...
Old 2011-04-15, 16:52   Link #310
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

I'll be totally claiming one of those. Or not. GIF's are not allowed on my regular forum.

I'll be claming this for AS use. For now. Thanks a lot for the freebies <3

zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 16:59   Link #311
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That was crazy.

I liked it.
Old 2011-04-15, 17:13   Link #312
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

@Kanon. Is it possible to make 100x100 avatars from these ? You can cut the hair and focus on the face.

Sample #1
Sample #2
Sample #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wanted to make myself a sig featuring Erio with her hair fluttering in the wind
Something like that would be beautiful beyond all reasonable doubt. Make it happen, so I can steal it for other forum, I say.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 17:19   Link #313
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post

Dat head tilt.

For episode 2 I'm going to play a drinking game,take a shot every time there's a head tilt.
Not sure in what shape I'll be by the end of the episode.
Old 2011-04-15, 17:57   Link #314
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Freebies:

Can you make this one with more frames (like from the beginning of the sequence where the "camera" shifts upward) or is there a size issue?
Old 2011-04-15, 19:41   Link #315
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Wow... that was great. I'm not too big on the character designs, but her manner of speech was hilarious.

And what does "denpa" mean exactly?
The term's exactly denpa-kei (電波系), for "people who emit electromagnetic waves". It is also said in the OP theme: she's looking for someone who is able to "receive her electromagnetic waves" (understand her feelings) and she's relieved - though doubtful - that someone is able to "receive her electromagnetic waves".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:17   Link #316
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Claiming this one until I can make personal changes to it.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:23   Link #317
achirist

I didn't enjoy this. The stupid immaturity of the aunt character was not funny, and abusing, neglecting her mentally disabled daughter was disturbing. I like the male lead enough, but I'm burnt out on the whole alien fakeout thing from Arakawa, and there is no way I'm sitting through it again.
Old 2011-04-15, 20:45   Link #318
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The term's exactly denpa-kei (電波系), for "people who emit electromagnetic waves". It is also said in the OP theme: she's looking for someone who is able to "receive her electromagnetic waves" (understand her feelings) and she's relieved - though doubtful - that someone is able to "receive her electromagnetic waves".
If I recall correctly, didn't he call her a denpa towards the end?
Old 2011-04-15, 20:52   Link #319
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If I recall correctly, didn't he call her a denpa towards the end?
It also means nutjob. So is play on words.
Old 2011-04-15, 20:54   Link #320
mysterious

I lol so hard watching the episode. Every jokes hit the spot from the too-young-for-her-real-age aunt, girl-wrap-in-futon to various line such as "she is so beautiful so god gives a big minus to her brain." I also fall in love with the futon-girl's voice. I dont dislike the aunt though, at least not yet since they make her acting like that for the humors. No idea why such a good anime starts to air so late compare to other shows of the same season. Does anyone know if that futon-girl is actually a half-alien like she claims?
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life