AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-19, 00:52   Link #2001
Used Can

Should I try again?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Code Geass: Stage 26, which was to have been the original start of R2, but would be considered as the new continuation of the original first season format that is set in an alternate universe.
It won't happen. Ōkouchi already addressed the whole time-slot thing, and even then he said the final product was the one they had intended since the very beginning.
Old 2008-10-19, 00:58   Link #2002
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I think that might actually be "Lulu". After the L it doesn't look like (.)dots. They are longer.

I zoomed in and examined the name tag closely. (It's fun having photo editing software that can zoom in and enhance.)
When I examine it closer to could just be a small scribble of "Lelouch".
I have a bigger version of that image, it definitely says "L.L." on the tag. And the burger place is called "Kamiligus Burger".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 01:04   Link #2003
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I have a bigger version of that image, it definitely says "L.L." on the tag. And the burger place is called "Kamiligus Burger".
Yeah. I see what you mean. I was mistaking those as breaks, but it was just glare blocking off the 'L's part the way through.
Old 2008-10-19, 01:36   Link #2004
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

It won't happen. Ōkouchi already addressed the whole time-slot thing, and even then he said the final product was the one they had intended since the very beginning.
Perhaps. But Sunrise might be willing to allow the creative staff to do another Code Geass project, either a remake of the intended R2, with all the details that was omited, or a movie or OVA. So the choice is up to Sunrise. The alternate story can always continue from either standing moment. If they can do a Mai Hime remake, they can do a Code Geass remake if they want to. The end product might not change anything. But the first 12 episodes of R2, aside from the China arc, was a repackaged introduction of Ashford Academy scenes from Season One.

And since Code Geass is so successful, the option to do several more Code Geass series(w/Lelouch) is still there. They have done it with other anime titles in the past. Therefore, Code Geass would be no different. It's the fans who kept this series going. And if the production staff was not satisfied with the second season overall, then it's their option to redo R2 the way is was meant to be from the beginning right after Stage 25 of the first season.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2008-10-19 at 01:58.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 03:29   Link #2005
Dream_Traveller
Banned

No, because it is confirmed on Lelouch's profile, and through Okouchi's words, that

Spoiler for If anyone doesn't know this:

And what are you, blind? Taniguchi explicitly stated time and time again that R2 is the end. And where the hell do you keep pulling out of your ass that the entire production team hated R2? No-one hated it. Taniguchi kept apologizing to fans because he thought he didn't appease them well enough, but he didn't descend into a state of hatred of his work like Tomino with V Gundam. Get your goddamn facts right before you spout crap, yes?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 03:36   Link #2006
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
No, because it is confirmed on Lelouch's profile, and through Okouchi's words, that

And what are you, blind? Taniguchi explicitly stated time and time again that R2 is the end. And where the hell do you keep pulling out of your ass that the entire production team hated R2? No-one hated it. Taniguchi kept apologizing to fans because he thought he didn't appease them well enough, but he didn't descend into a state of hatred of his work like Tomino with V Gundam. Get your goddamn facts right before you spout crap, yes?
I think what gets people is that it didn't really feel like an 'end'. So much was left open.
Old 2008-10-19, 03:56   Link #2007
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:

I agree with your statement. Why will the production team hates their own works? Should they do my best to make the fullest out of their work?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 04:50   Link #2008
reaper_unique

does anybody know what the text is next to Kallens pic?
http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?im...image02xc9.jpg
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 06:04   Link #2009
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the translation. I'm not able to +rep you now. Shall do that when I'm able to.

As expected from the title of a Taste of Dirt, Lelouch had 'a taste of it'. Referring to Suzaku stepping on his head scene . He is really doing well despite being the former prince of Britannia. This is really a fun section to tease Lelouch . What?! they called him an obasan. How cute Rolo-rag has to be one of his most classic quote to render them the release of a rag with the first press of the DVD vol. 2.

Well, Suzaku's cat is indeed loyal but making a grave for him is too much. We never know since this is Code Geass . Who knows, Arthur could be a human whose Geass allows him to transfer soul to a cat (Darker than Black reference ).

Posting up the rest of the wordy scans.

Spoiler for length:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Adding on Talking Rebellion pages. I missed that out. That piece of 'poem' can be found in there.

Adding on scans from Nov issue of Pash on the interview with Fukuyama and Sakurai:

Obviously I failed in combining the scans. Due to the limited size I'm able to scan, this is the best I can do.

Old 2008-10-19, 07:14   Link #2010
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
does anybody know what the text is next to Kallens pic?
http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?im...image02xc9.jpg
紅月カレン
解放された日本、そこで幸せに暮らす人々、それがカレンの願った明日だった。彼女は明日を取り戻すことだけ を願い、ただひたすらに、がむしゃらに戦い続けてきたのだ。

Kouzuki Kallen
A liberated Japan where people could live in happiness - this is the tomorrow that Kallen wished for. Her only desire was to regain a future. For this, she could only earnestly, recklessly continue her fight.

Quote:

Adding this for reference to what Lelouch's profile said:

Spoiler for Lelouch's profile on geass.net:

And to support that more, if people will read the few bits about Okouchi's interview, Okouchi clearly doesn't talk ambiguously about Lelouch's fate.

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2008-10-19 at 07:27. Reason: merging posts
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 07:35   Link #2011
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:

Meh, the website can put whatever it wants for all I care. Taniguchi said that the epilogue was for the viewers to decide whether Lelouch lives or otherwise. No need to sound so angry. Carry on. It's not like anyone really wants to bother convincing you that Lelouch is alive.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 07:42   Link #2012
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Meh, the website can put whatever it wants for all I care. Taniguchi said that the epilogue was for the viewers to decide whether Lelouch lives or otherwise. No need to sound so angry. Carry on. It's not like anyone really wants to bother convincing you that Lelouch is alive.
Let people believe what they want personally I will be servery disappointed if I found out he was alive since it'll destroy the impact of his death as a whole and I'll take Okichi word over Tanguichi anyway
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:05   Link #2013
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Just my quick thought on the matter.

I think if enough people want it, SUNRISE can recon it anyway they want. The director said the ending is up to the audiance's imagination, if the fans want him to be alive, he will live, that's another way of putting it. Some think that it would negate the power of his death, but if he is to live on without contact w/ those he loves, that would be a greater burden, IMO. The profile (as I understand it) says that he gave up his life for the Requiem, but there is more ways of giving up your life than dying. He could also give up the life he wished for himself so that those he loved would have the life he wants for them.

Just something to think about.
Old 2008-10-19, 09:21   Link #2014
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Just my quick thought on the matter.

I think if enough people want it, SUNRISE can recon it anyway they want. The director said the ending is up to the audiance's imagination, if the fans want him to be alive, he will live, that's another way of putting it. Some think that it would negate the power of his death, but if he is to live on without contact w/ those he loves, that would be a greater burden, IMO. The profile (as I understand it) says that he gave up his life for the Requiem, but there is more ways of giving up your life than dying. He could also give up the life he wished for himself so that those he loved would have the life he wants for them.

Just something to think about.
I agree, which ties in with what C.C. said at the end. Geass does isolate the person. However, if C.C. is still with Lelouch at the end, then obviously that won't be right.

And yes I think his entire identity as LELOUCH is dead, no Lelouch vi brittannia, no Lelouch Lamperouge, No Zero. "Lelouch" does not exist in this new world. However,physically he does, but goes by a different name, a different identity, and most likely a different personality. Lelouch is somebody perfect capable of changing personalities to suit the situation(a "mask"). However this mask ironically becomes his entire existence for the rest of his life/ eternity(If he survives and is with C.C.)
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:46   Link #2015
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
I agree, which ties in with what C.C. said at the end. Geass does isolate the person. However, if C.C. is still with Lelouch at the end, then obviously that won't be right.

And yes I think his entire identity as LELOUCH is dead, no Lelouch vi brittannia, no Lelouch Lamperouge, No Zero. "Lelouch" does not exist in this new world. However,physically he does, but goes by a different name, a different identity, and most likely a different personality. Lelouch is somebody perfect capable of changing personalities to suit the situation(a "mask"). However this mask ironically becomes his entire existence for the rest of his life/ eternity(If he survives and is with C.C.)
And if he's alive, chances are that he has to find a way to make a living with C.C. first. Hmm, the first idea that comes to my mind was him working as a merchant, or a farmer. Well, something rural and isolated from people isn't too unlikely.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:09   Link #2016
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Spoiler for length:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
紅月カレン
解放された日本、そこで幸せに暮らす人々、それがカレンの願った明日だった。彼女は明日を取り戻すことだけ を願い、ただひたすらに、がむしゃらに戦い続けてきたのだ。

Kouzuki Kallen
A liberated Japan where people could live in happiness - this is the tomorrow that Kallen wished for. Her only desire was to regain a future. For this, she could only earnestly, recklessly continue her fight.

Adding this for reference to what Lelouch's profile said:

Spoiler for Lelouch's profile on geass.net:

And to support that more, if people will read the few bits about Okouchi's interview, Okouchi clearly doesn't talk ambiguously about Lelouch's fate.
Thank you so much for the information. Not to worry, I understand how taxing it is to read the scans and even going through to translate it. Now, I understand how much thoughts and efforts was put in into making such a wonderful series which most of us enjoyed. It wasn't an easy journey. If so much effort is put into making the series, Why will the staff 'hates' it (R2) right?

Old 2008-10-19, 10:10   Link #2017
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
And if he's alive, chances are that he has to find a way to make a living with C.C. first. Hmm, the first idea that comes to my mind was him working as a merchant, or a farmer. Well, something rural and isolated from people isn't too unlikely.
Well, I think he would more likely do something to protect the peace that he sacrificed so much for so that people wouldn't need to be sacrificed again. Particularly the people he cares so much about: Nunnally, Suzaku, Kallen, etc. If the world went to war again, they would probably be at the forefront, so he would do whatever he could to stop it. Most likely, I would think he would be going to great lengths to protect Geass; he may have concluded that Geass can be good, but it can also be VERY bad.

(Granted, he would probably be trying to keep a low profile. I could totally see him having what appears to be a normal farm house, then having a Bat Cave underneath it. [Sorry for the blatent Dark Knight reference.])

And at any rate, even if the writer intended him to be dead, its SUNRISE that owns the IP, so ultimately, it's what they say that goes. Whether it will be complete crap or not is another story.

EDIT: Honestly, I don't know why some people get so bent out of shape by what the author may have intended anyway. Part of any piece of art is what the artist intended, the other part is what the viewer takes away from it. They go together. It's not up to anyone to decide what a person is to take away from it, not even the artist.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-10-19, 10:29   Link #2018
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, I think he would more likely do something to protect the peace that he sacrificed so much for so that people wouldn't need to be sacrificed again. Particularly the people he cares so much about: Nunnally, Suzaku, Kallen, etc. If the world went to war again, they would probably be at the forefront, so he would do whatever he could to stop it. Most likely, I would think he would be going to great lengths to protect Geass; he may have concluded that Geass can be good, but it can also be VERY bad.

(Granted, he would probably be trying to keep a low profile. I could totally see him having what appears to be a normal farm house, then having a Bat Cave underneath it. [Sorry for the blatent Dark Knight reference.])

And at any rate, even if the writer intended him to be dead, its SUNRISE that owns the IP, so ultimately, it's what they say that goes. Whether it will be complete crap or not is another story.

EDIT: Honestly, I don't know why some people get so bent out of shape by what the author may have intended anyway. Part of any piece of art is what the artist intended, the other part is what the viewer takes away from it. They go together. It's not up to anyone to decide what a person is to take away from it, not even the artist.

youngde, signing off.
Yea. If he indeed is alive, then we can see a season 3 occurring(probably only 12 eps) with how Lelouch and C.C. go about getting rid of geass/controlling geass since it most likely cannot be eliminated completely. Also, they can have time to develop C.C. and Lelouch's relationship as well as how they proceed to hide from this world which hates them yet fighting to protect this world which hates them. Perhaps torwards the end, when they are about to disappear(since they both have codes, to get rid of geass may be to get rid of them too, of course this assumes Lelouch survived because of the code.) Kallen, Nunally et al get to at least glimpse Lelouch and maybe even talk to him before he truly disappears from the world.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:31   Link #2019
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And watch as Kallen and Nunnally break down as the former realizes that Lelouch had lied to her in the fucking grandest way imaginable, and the latter because she thought that her brother's plans were to make him deader than dead.

Yeah, not the best thing.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:43   Link #2020
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Well, I have no doubt that Kallen and Nunnally would be pissed as hell to find out that he left them so that they could have a chance at a normal, peaceful life that he wanted for them, but I'm pretty sure they would get over it. Kallen has about 20 times before now, and Nunnally wanted a world w/ her brother.