AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-03-28, 05:03   Link #1281
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan View Post
Yeah, but how many North American readers would just pick up Higurashi out of the blue? IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FANS! THAT'S THE N1 WAY!
People browsing at a store? Just go and read the scanlations if you have zero patience.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 05:06   Link #1282
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
I just got my copy of Onikakushi vol 2 yesterday and noticed that Oishii's name is spelled "Claude". Is the original "Kuraudo" written as a foreign name or is it just the idea of the translators of Yen Press? Because "Claude Oishii" sounds very very... unfitting. )
confused_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 07:41   Link #1283
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_kitsune View Post
I just got my copy of Onikakushi vol 2 yesterday and noticed that Oishii's name is spelled "Claude". Is the original "Kuraudo" written as a foreign name or is it just the idea of the translators of Yen Press? Because "Claude Oishii" sounds very very... unfitting. )
Not sure. In the character & volume 1 summaries at the very beginning of volume two, they call him Kurado.
Old 2009-03-28, 09:17   Link #1284
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
People browsing at a store? Just go and read the scanlations if you have zero patience.
There are no scans for Tsumihoroboshi-hen and I will keep buying the manga no matter what. I WILL SHOW THE WORLD THAT I AM A REAL HIGURASHI FAN!!!!!
Renan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 09:53   Link #1285
Falchion Oni
That one Touhou fanatic..

Okay there Renan ^^; I can only work on one project at a time, since I don't have much free time irl ^^ I wish I was superhuman and had the time! That'd be so awesome...

But I like the name Claude Ooishi over Kuraudo, mostly because I tend to prefer Americanized names if the entire thing is in English ^^ I like things to sound as natural as possible. My opinion though, I'm sure there's a counterargument somewhere!

Anyways, I'm over halfway done with Minagoroshi chapter 2! I just finished the toughest page though, and as I saved it, Photoshopped crashed, so I have to do it all over again... Curses!
Falchion Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 10:23   Link #1286
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchion Oni View Post
Okay there Renan ^^; I can only work on one project at a time, since I don't have much free time irl ^^ I wish I was superhuman and had the time! That'd be so awesome...

But I like the name Claude Ooishi over Kuraudo, mostly because I tend to prefer Americanized names if the entire thing is in English ^^ I like things to sound as natural as possible. My opinion though, I'm sure there's a counterargument somewhere!

Anyways, I'm over halfway done with Minagoroshi chapter 2! I just finished the toughest page though, and as I saved it, Photoshopped crashed, so I have to do it all over again... Curses!
You're the one who scanlates the manga? That's cool, I didn't know that. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Old 2009-03-28, 10:50   Link #1287
Falchion Oni

Thanks, but I don't scanlate it all... I just started, and I'm just doing Minagoroshi-hen ^^; Aortic's doing Matsuribayashi-hen, and Ace is translating :3

But argh, not again! Photoshop crashed once more on an even harder page right as I was saving it! >.>; I swear, the gods are aligning against me! Ah well, time to redo it ^^;

Isn't there some way to recover a file like that after Photoshop crashes?
Old 2009-03-28, 13:40   Link #1288
Renan

You guys should do Tsumihoroboshi-hen, the arc of men.
Old 2009-03-28, 14:03   Link #1289
Falchion Oni

Well, as I said, we're already doing projects, and dropping them in the middle would be rather unfair ^^ Sorry
Old 2009-03-28, 16:48   Link #1290
Renan

Who said you had to drop your projects? MULTI TASKING IS SOMETHING THAT ALL TRUE MEN ARE CAPABLE OF!!!!!
Old 2009-03-28, 17:08   Link #1291
Jyuyonban Taichou
Aperture Science Director

Falchion would have to do a little more than multi-task to become a man lmao, but dude come on, be grateful these people are nice enough to devote their talents and precious time to give us non-Japanese speaking (I'm working on it) n00bs what we normally couldn't get, I sure as hell am
Jyuyonban Taichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 17:25   Link #1292
Falchion Oni

Heh, thanks Taichou. I'm doing what I can and keeping as much sanity as possible :3

Also, an update! Only a few more pages to go, then a bit of proofreading and such, and chapter 2 will be done!
Old 2009-03-28, 21:05   Link #1293
Falchion Oni

Actually... Scratch that last update :3

I got bored tonight while taking a break from a massive paper and finished everything up ^^

I'm sending everything over to Aortic now so it can be put on the site ^^

So in other words... Minagoroshi-hen chapter 2 is almost out!

Last edited by Falchion Oni; 2009-03-28 at 21:26.
Old 2009-03-28, 22:17   Link #1294
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
My group wanna do Meakashi-hen and pick Watanagashi-hen up. Since I'm a fan of Sonozaki twins
I tell that because I don't want us and GakuGakuAnimalLand group do a same project. That's waste.

BTW, we've just finished a new oneshot, art by Houjou Yutori (I think you guys know who he is). You can find it on Tokyotosho for torrent or our site for DDL.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 22:43   Link #1295
Falchion Oni

Oh great! I almost started that one, but we couldn't find a translator for it. I love Meakashi-hen and Watanagashi-hen.

Best of luck to you!

Though which group are you?
Old 2009-03-28, 23:04   Link #1296
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
See in my signature.
I've watched Higuraghi few weeks ago, and really loved it!

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 23:07   Link #1297
Falchion Oni

Oh yeah, it's my favorite ^^

Enigma, right? Glad to have some other groups helping us ^^;
Old 2009-03-28, 23:20   Link #1298
Renan

You both are officially part of my group of personal heroes that scanlate the Higurashi manga. :3
Old 2009-03-28, 23:39   Link #1299
Falchion Oni

Heh, thanks Renan. I'm glad I can make some people happy ^^
Old 2009-03-28, 23:51   Link #1300
Falchion Oni

And also, warrior, this thread's got a lot of Higurashi readers, so keeping everybody updated here would be a good move in my mind :3