AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 09:59   Link #2021
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
The thing is, you can actually speculate Madoka's possible wish based on that description.

Just think, 'IF MADOKA'S WISH WAS 'EVERYONE BECOMING HAPPY!' or 'PLEASE MAKE EVERYONE TO LIVE IN THE WORLD WITHOUT MISERY!!'?... Then it makes perfect sense, in distorted way. It's like opposite of how Shinji in evangelion was going 'omg just die everyone', but at the end, result is same;

everyone's soul getting sucked into one whatever thing.
I could actually see that being the case but We'll never know for sure unless they air it.
Old 2011-03-24, 10:07   Link #2022
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
I guess the postage of the card rules out an ending of witch Madoka!
Due to Homura's wish it's ruled out automatically. Unless Homura dies, of course... oh man, the world's fate once again depends on one girl...
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 11:31   Link #2023
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So, what about the manga? Has it been delayed as well? I assume so since I doubt they'd want the ending to be revealed in the manga first, but I thought I'd still ask just in case...
Yes, the manga is also delayed. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, would we?
Old 2011-03-24, 11:51   Link #2024
Kazu-kun

Quote:
KRIEMHILD GRETCHEN: Witch of salvation. Her nature is mercy. She absorbs any life on the planet into her newly created heaven: a barrier. The only way to defeat this witch is to make the world free of misfortune. If there's no grief in this world, she will believe this world is already a heaven.
You know, since the series begin with an image of Kriemhild, and the title "Prologue in Heaven", I'm starting to believe everything we've seen so far has been happening inside Kriemhild's "heaven".

I mean, think about it. In the first time line Madoka dies like a heroine. We know that kind of heroic sacrifice would make Madoka "happy". It's not real happiness, but it's the kind of fantasy happiness I could see going on inside Madoka's fake "heaven". Additionally, in the first time line Sayaka doesn't go witch, and Walpurgis doesn't destroy the city. It seems like a perfect ending, even though it's a lie.

But then something happened that was unexpected. Homura made a wish, and things began to turn more and more ugly. Madoka's "heaven" is not so anymore; now it's filled with despair. On the other hand, Homura's unexpected intervention might be the key to turn Kriemhild into a human (Madoka) again, and free all the souls inside her fake "heaven".

But yeah, it's just too wild a theory.
Old 2011-03-24, 11:55   Link #2025
xizro345
King's Justice

I surely hope it's not going Eva way (i.e. a horrible mess due to an incompetent director and screenwriter, IMO), that would ruin everything.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 11:56   Link #2026
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You know, since the series begin with an image of Kriemhild, and the title "Prologue in Heaven", I'm starting to believe everything we've seen so far has been happening inside Kriemhild's "heaven".

I mean, think about it. In the first time line Madoka dies like a heroine. We know that kind of heroic sacrifice would make Madoka "happy". It's not real happiness, but it's the kind of fantasy happiness I could see going on inside Madoka's fake "heaven". Additionally, in the first time line Sayaka doesn't go witch, and Walpurgis doesn't destroy the city. It seems like a perfect ending, even though it's a lie.

But then something happened that was unexpected. Homura made a wish, and things began to turn more and more ugly. Madoka's "heaven" is not so anymore; now it's filled with despair. On the other hand, Homura's unexpected intervention might be the key to turn Kriemhild into a human (Madoka) again, and free all the souls inside her fake "heaven".

But yeah, it's just too wild a theory.
If that is true then that means we'll get a dream ending which is like the greatest taboo in the culture.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 12:00   Link #2027
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
If that is true then that means we'll get a dream ending which is like the greatest taboo in the culture.
If it's well executed I don't mind. But it's just a theory though.
Old 2011-03-24, 14:03   Link #2028
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Kazu-kun, your theory is so mind-blowing it almost ought to be true.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 15:21   Link #2029
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
It may or may not end up playing into the ending, but I think you've nailed the best interpretation of "Prologue in Heaven", since it's shown over Witch Madoka.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 15:55   Link #2030
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Additionally, in the first time line Sayaka doesn't go witch, and Walpurgis doesn't destroy the city. It seems like a perfect ending, even though it's a lie.
Erm...
Spoiler for T1 WN after battle:

I think the city always goes during that battle!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 16:26   Link #2031
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
Erm...

We don't know if that the actual city. It could be her barrier. Besides, Madoka dies saying she's going to protect everyone, meaning the city isn't destroyed, or at least, the people from the city isn't dead.

In any case, Walpurgis is a pretty mysterious thing, so there's nothing set in stone about it, not even the supposed destruction it brings about.
Old 2011-03-24, 16:59   Link #2032
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
It can't be the barrier since the witch is dead at that time and WN's barrier always looks kinda locked off (Like Homura's ZA WARUDO - All lifeless/colorless) You can see the sun rays cutting through the clouds in that cap.

And as for not being the city, we haven't seen the girls battle witches in different cities. Wasn't Kyoko a testament to there being other MG's? If this wasn't these girls' territory, then there had to be other MGs as well but none were to be seen anywhere. And if you meant not actual as in fake, In all instances the aftermath has looked the same. Now unless you mean to say WN hasn't been defeated even once and that her barrier is still up...

Judging from the perspective (With the water levels and such) The damage stretches real far. I can't imagine there not being causalities. Who knows, maybe she was referring to the people outside the city.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 17:14   Link #2033
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Judging from the scene (With the water levels and such) The damage stretches real far. I can't imagine there not being causalities. Who knows, maybe she was referring to the people outside the city.
Look, in time line 4 Walpurgis is defeated, yet the giant magical tree that comes with it didn't disappear. Is that really the city then, or are we still inside the barrier?? I don't know, and there's really no way to be sure for now!

So my point is, Walpurgis is a pretty mysterious element in the story. Heck, there's even a card and description for witch Madoka, but not for Walpurgis.

Overall, Walpurgis is so ambiguous an existence that you can't be sure about anything about it. I definitely won't speculate about it myself. It's a waste of time at this point, IMO.

You think for sure the city is destroyed? Well, I don't think so, not at all, considering Madoka's behaviour and words when she's about to sacrifice her life. Let's agree to disagree if you want.
Old 2011-03-24, 17:36   Link #2034
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I don't know, and there's really no way to be sure for now!(...)
You think for sure the city is destroyed?
A witch's barrier disapears when she's defeated,so once they defeat the witch there's no barrier for them to be in.
Old 2011-03-24, 17:52   Link #2035
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
A witch's barrier disapears when she's defeated,so once they defeat the witch there's no barrier for them to be in.
So then, what about the tree? It should disappear too, but it doesn't!

But really, I don't want to argue about this. It's pointless IMO. We don't even know if Walpurgis is actually a witch. The whole thing is way too ambiguous.

Like I said, if you think the city is destroyed then let's agree to disagree. It's not like we can prove one way or another.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:18   Link #2036
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I surely hope it's not going Eva way (i.e. a horrible mess due to an incompetent director and screenwriter, IMO), that would ruin everything.
Hey, if we get something like Eva' TV ending and then EoE, I wouldn't mind. They wre fantastic endings .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 18:25   Link #2037
guenthar

The barrier is a manifestation of the witches mind and would dissapear on death. The tree is probably a physical manifestation of the witches body and with how powerful the witch was the body might have survived the collapse of the barrier. It could also be that the witch didn't have a barrier in the first place.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:28   Link #2038
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh my, considering Shaft animation, it's gonna end like...

Spoiler for Evangelion:

"You ran out of ink too didn't ya you bastards!"

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 18:29   Link #2039
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
The barrier is a manifestation of the witches mind and would dissapear on death. The tree is probably a physical manifestation of the witches body and with how powerful the witch was the body might have survived the collapse of the barrier. It could also be that the witch didn't have a barrier in the first place.
See? Walpurgis' so ambiguous that it's pointless arguing about it at this point. Let's wait and see what happens in the final.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:48   Link #2040
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Erm...

Just wondering, but isn't it counter to Kuby's whole purpose to feed entropy to see the witches ultimately win and world destroyed with all dynamics ended -- at least universally? Maybe Madoka is only one battlefield in a ever shifting war. Just asking.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen