AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 02:10   Link #2661
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wait, people believe anything they read on 4chan?
Old 2012-03-26, 02:52   Link #2662
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I hope they release the Collector Rifle, Raider Shotgun, Indra Sniper Rifle, and the Chakram Launcher as DLC soon. I'm gathering so much credits, and I don't have any more weapons to upgrade.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 03:36   Link #2663
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Wait, people believe anything they read on 4chan?
People tend to cling to what they want to hear.

Me, I read with a sceptic eyebrow raised until I hit the "new character based on someone who baked cookies for the devs" part. That's when I just rolled my eyes and closed the image.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 03:41   Link #2664
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
People tend to cling to what they want to hear.

Me, I read with a sceptic eyebrow raised until I hit the "new character based on someone who baked cookies for the devs" part. That's when I just rolled my eyes and closed the image.
Except nobody actually wanted to hear the astonishing stupidity in that series of posts.
Old 2012-03-26, 05:18   Link #2665
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They do. Not the content itself, no, but the thought that Bioware planned this. Because it confirms their screams that Bioware is being stupid/greedy/insert prefered accusation here.

It's the whole "See? I was right!" idea that people cling to.
Old 2012-03-26, 12:44   Link #2666
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Lol the 4chan post sounded so fake from the beginning.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:29   Link #2667
Alchemist007
*Author

Gah the screencap is overloaded apparently. Stupid tinypic.

Well here's a video someone has probably posted already but here it is anyways (it's 20 mins, but well worth it):

Old 2012-03-27, 03:11   Link #2668
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That is a cool video. Makes the ending out to be quite the epic mind screw, which is probably to subtle for most.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-03-27 at 03:29.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 10:04   Link #2669
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I have a feeling that Bioware may end up just adding more stuff to the ending rather than offer alternate versions and such which in the end result would mean jack.

This would probably lead to an even bigger backlash as that's not what people were complaining about. They could probably clarify the starchild (Shepard asking why he looks like the kid you saw died) but I would like to see how they explain,

-> Joker running away from the field (with your squadmates) despite Hackett stating firmly that this was an "all in" battle and there was no retreat.
-> Nobody knowing what the Crucible actually does but again, "all in"
-> Was the entire fleet destoyed since Normandy was affected?
-> The fact that the marine was stating that all ground forces were to fall back to the buildings (and ships don't fall back to buildings)
-> The fact that the Crucible was already on the way and Hackett specifically stated to protect it at all costs and it was locked in so they couldn't back out.

I mean they have a lot of explaining to do.

Is it just me or does anybody else find it odd that Bioware is so firm on sticking with its guns?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 10:16   Link #2670
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Is it just me or does anybody else find it odd that Bioware is so firm on sticking with its guns?
Why shouldn't they? The news media is on their side. If anything, there are many websites I will never visit again because of their ME3 reporting. I don't care if they had a biased game review. But most of the media response concerning the complaints are downright insulting.

PR rule is never admit error if you think you can get away with it. Lines like "artistic integrity" and "you never were suppose to have the final choice because it is realistic" makes me want to punch walls.

Bioware sticks to their guns because they don't care. They have your money, and they will have even more money when they charge you a paid DLC you deserved to have for free. You are a wallet to them. Entitled to nothing.

Bioware is not so much sticking to their guns as much as don't see the need to explain themselves. Why should they care about pleasing people?

It's telling that the official response to the complaints were "The game got 10/10 from review sites! So what's the problem?".

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-03-27 at 10:45.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 10:55   Link #2671
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's not like changing a story based on reception is a novel thing. Books have been rewritten since the dawn of their creation, movies receive special editions on an almost constant basis and comic books devote entire series to retconning unpopular endings.
Old 2012-03-27, 10:59   Link #2672
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's not like changing a story based on reception is a novel thing. Books have been rewritten since the dawn of their creation, movies receive special editions on an almost constant basis and comic books devote entire series to retconning unpopular endings.
Still, how often do you see new media insulting the customers who complain? Really, all the new reports on this just makes me mad.
Old 2012-03-27, 11:10   Link #2673
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh don't get my wrong, that post was in support of yours. People treat it as something special that an unpopular ending might get rewritten, but its really not that special.
Old 2012-03-27, 13:52   Link #2674
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Still, how often do you see new media insulting the customers who complain? Really, all the new reports on this just makes me mad.
Usually it's the other way around.

I mean what do you gain by insulting your readers?

That's what gets me. What makes Mass Effect so special that it deserves to be raised as a God by the higher ups?

Quote:
Bioware sticks to their guns because they don't care. They have your money, and they will have even more money when they charge you a paid DLC you deserved to have for free. You are a wallet to them. Entitled to nothing.
The game itself, 99% of it was fine, the ending simply ruined it for me but I like playing it several times with different ME2 saves to get different experiences.

On that matter, I hope no one would buy any DLC's except for anything that changes the ending. Like I said, what's the point of buying "Take Omega back" when in the end space travel will be destroyed and you end up starving to death?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 17:25   Link #2675
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Theres one thing the ending has ruined most for me and thats re-playability.

I've played through ME1 and ME2 multiply times each and enjoyed each play-through since the endings always played out differently but now after seeing the same utterly awful endings of ME3 I just can't be bothered/motivated enough to play through it again.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 22:00   Link #2676
Key Board
Carbon

Off topic, but..

http://kotaku.com/5896947/the-true-e...street-fighter

Broken Steel, FF13-2 DLC ending and this has set a very bad precedent.

It gives the sign to developers that's it's okay to sell an incomplete product.

As horrible as ME3's ending are, if they patch their ending with a DLC it will pretty much kill the future of storytelling in videogames. And if they put a price tag on it... Oh God.. the horror
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 22:34   Link #2677
Alchemist007
*Author

If there's a price tag, we'll know the motivation was greed. If it's free, I wonder why they didn't complete the game then release it. Or perhaps considering the scale of the outburst, it would've been for a price but they decide otherwise. I somehow doubt this was originally planned like this, there's no way someone with 1/2 a brain would think this wouldn't get significant backlash from fans. Stupid pills, they were taking them.
Old 2012-03-27, 22:35   Link #2678
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Old 2012-03-27, 22:50   Link #2679
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
If there's a price tag, we'll know the motivation was greed. If it's free, I wonder why they didn't complete the game then release it. Or perhaps considering the scale of the outburst, it would've been for a price but they decide otherwise. I somehow doubt this was originally planned like this, there's no way someone with 1/2 a brain would think this wouldn't get significant backlash from fans. Stupid pills, they were taking them.
At this point, to release the ending DLC for free would be considered an investment. The idea being a better ending is necessary for both retaining customers for later ME games, and to ensure there is a point making side story DLCs that they could legitimately charge for.

No one would mind paying for DLC that explore each alien planet with more detail. But the requirement is that the Ending be altered, as otherwise there is literally no point buying them at all. A Nihilistic ending is all well and good if you deliberately want to kill a franchise, but I am sure Bioware want the opposite of that.
Old 2012-03-28, 01:57   Link #2680
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, they deserve nothing.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass