AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-18, 11:11   Link #11941
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
Volume 13 is out on 10th of April right? How long does it take for the translators to possess the raws? Seeing as how this series is one of the most popular ones out there you'd think the novel would get translated in one go once the raws are available instead of chapter by chapter (waiting for the whole thing is just so much more worth it).
It sort of depends? Last volume took maybe a month to translate? He did it chapter by chapter so every so often there would be a new one.
Old 2014-03-18, 11:30   Link #11942
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
@Requiem
Know that you mention it;
Looks like Tatsuya's making an army#!
He's kinda been for a while, really, just not intentionally, which is a surprising parallel to Index.

Wouldn't mind having Erika in the main offesive team.
Old 2014-03-18, 13:03   Link #11943
Chosen_Hero

Hahahaha, love how the Miyuki fans are trying to sink the ship, but photographic evidence wins in the end.

TatsxErika FTW!!

So who do you think would win in a fight Touma (as of NT.9) or Tatsuya?

I say Touma would because of his Hero status which if you read the novels would know is pretty effective against people like Tatsuya.

P.S just to clarify I'm not siding with Touma because I'm a TAMNI/NT fan but because if you take into account all of their advantages you find some pretty interesting results.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2014-03-18 at 13:16. Reason: spelling
Old 2014-03-18, 13:23   Link #11944
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
It sort of depends? Last volume took maybe a month to translate? He did it chapter by chapter so every so often there would be a new one.
If there's no Japanese -> Chinese translation for him to use, Chinese -> English translation doesn't work.

Also (not to you specificly anonfr), people really need to not ask how long translations take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Forum Rules
2.3 Do not ask when episodes will be released
You are not permitted to ask when episodes will be released. Shows are released once the fansub group is finished with them. All your whining will do is irritate the group's staff and make them leave the scene. That will mean even slower releases or none at all. Please have some patience.
Sure, the rule is explicitly for fansubs, but it's not going to be difficult to push for it to apply to everything.
Old 2014-03-18, 13:32   Link #11945
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

I say Touma would because of his Hero status which if you read the novels would know is pretty effective against people like Tatsuya.

P.S just to clarify I'm not siding with Touma because I'm a TAMNI/NT fan but because if you take into account all of their advantages you find some pretty interesting results.
Tatsuya doesn't even need to use magic, he would kill him with martial arts alone.
Old 2014-03-18, 13:39   Link #11946
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya doesn't even need to use magic, he would kill him with martial arts alone.
You forget he has precog that if you read NT.9 would know it matters a lot, also it's not like Touma hasn't gone up against people trained in some kind of skill, also taking into account the things he's survived he wouldn't die from that, NT.9 also explains why.

P.S. read Hagitate Halation arc, Tatsuyas speed would also pose no threath in the fight.
Old 2014-03-18, 13:51   Link #11947
Echizen777

Quote:
You forget he has precog that if you read NT.9 would know it matters a lot, also it's not like Touma hasn't gone up against people trained in some kind of skill, also taking into account the things he's survived he wouldn't die from that, NT.9 also explains why.
I read Index and AFAIK his precog only works on magics and esper attacks, he can't predict physical moves. Even if you consider that Tatsuya can't kill him with martial arts(), Touma can't put him down, Tatsuya is physically better than him in every stats.

But I am impatient to see Kung Fu master Touma in the next vol, maybe his precog is stronger now.
Old 2014-03-18, 14:17   Link #11948
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I read Index and AFAIK his precog only works on magics and esper attacks, he can't predict physical moves. Even if you consider that Tatsuya can't kill him with martial arts(), Touma can't put him down, Tatsuya is physically better than him in every stats.

But I am impatient to see Kung Fu master Touma in the next vol, maybe his precog is stronger now.
Doesn't work on physical attacks, huh? Then I guess I imagined Sisters arc or Rensa. His precog works on any kind of attack since he notices little physical movements in hid opponents to judge how and where they are going to attack and yes against supernatural abilities it's strong enough to actually stop a directionless attack (see the fight against Birdway).

So was Rensa (the cyborg), Fiamma (instant win man), Angelerator, etc. when fighting Touma physical or supernatural ability means nothing since his fights aren't only limited to "I'm op so you're dead", have you really read the LN?

Touma isn't perfect or the strongest (he is said to be the weakest, lol), he doesn't have formal training in a fighting style or is a super genius, he loses some fights (almost all of NT) but he's faced and survived stuff that would be too much for any other protagonist. So him going up against Tatsuya and defeating him isn't far off. Your god Tatsuya wouldn't be the first to fall against him.
Old 2014-03-18, 14:34   Link #11949
Hokoga

Quote:
Hahahaha, love how the Miyuki fans are trying to sink the ship, but photographic evidence wins in the end.

TatsxErika FTW!!

I don't read this series for the romance, part of me actually likes the fact that Tatsuya doesn't have the ability to love. So if I could I would try to sink all of the ships on this thread, but that would take up too much time. PLUS I'm very wary of the ErikaxTatsuya ship, seriously that ship defies logic and the captain is kinda scary.
Old 2014-03-18, 15:16   Link #11950
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsa View Post
I don't read this series for the romance, part of me actually likes the fact that Tatsuya doesn't have the ability to love. So if I could I would try to sink all of the ships on this thread, but that would take up too much time. PLUS I'm very wary of the ErikaxTatsuya ship, seriously that ship defies logic and the captain is kinda scary.
No, the Incest ship and political marriage ships defy logic, brothrly love =/= love love, a past couple who broke up for a stupid reason (showed how much he loved her) =/= political marriage (which Tasuya won't go through) , your ships consist of maybes, if, hypothesis and fan speculation which =/= the truth, meanwhile the ErikaxTatsuya ship keeps finding more and more evidence in each volume.

You can ship who you want to (doesn't bother me) but please use factual evidence to support yor arguements (which pampz keeps finding and you keep dismissing). Yours are the scary ships that blindly sail the ocean and see nothing but your own preffered route without taking others into considaration.
Old 2014-03-18, 16:05   Link #11951
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
PLUS I'm very wary of the ErikaxTatsuya ship, seriously that ship defies logic and the captain is kinda scary.
I tried that, ended up losing interest typing epically long posts, and the arguments always go into a loop with the captain, i was pointing out his arguments to argue against his point towards the end. That being said, if he keeps quoting Erika posts ill try again, and i wont stop this time.

Quote:
You can ship who you want to (doesn't bother me) but please use factual evidence to support yor arguements (which pampz keeps finding and you keep dismissing). Yours are the scary ships that blindly sail the ocean and see nothing but your own preffered route without taking others into considaration.
You clearly haven't been reading his posts and the arguments, or the posts of the other shippers. His Erika shipping is more tunnel vision see the points he likes, discard the rest. And based on valid arguments, Erika has got the least chance out of all the ships.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-18 at 16:45. Reason: Let the beast come out :D
Old 2014-03-18, 16:12   Link #11952
Echizen777

Quote:
Touma isn't perfect or the strongest (he is said to be the weakest, lol), he doesn't have formal training in a fighting style or is a super genius, he loses some fights (almost all of NT) but he's faced and survived stuff that would be too much for any other protagonist. So him going up against Tatsuya and defeating him isn't far off. Your god Tatsuya wouldn't be the first to fall against him.
I am not one of those who see Tatsuya as a sort of god . I read Toaru LN but I don't remember him using precog to dodge physical attacks very much but it must be true, I will reread some parts. Even if he is able to see his attacks coming it doesn't mean he will be able to dodge them all, Acqua beat him like that and if Touma tries to attack, Tatsuya could just stop his arm and decompose him.

Quote:
I agree with you. If things stay like this Tatsuya will just ends alone, in Tatsuya's eyes Miyuki is his precious and cute imouto, he could never see her as a potential love interest, that's inconceivable. At least the others aren't his relatives but he can't see them as love interests as well.
Old 2014-03-18, 16:36   Link #11953
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Doesn't work on physical attacks, huh? Then I guess I imagined Sisters arc or Rensa. His precog works on any kind of attack since he notices little physical movements in hid opponents to judge how and where they are going to attack and yes against supernatural abilities it's strong enough to actually stop a directionless attack (see the fight against Birdway).

So was Rensa (the cyborg), Fiamma (instant win man), Angelerator, etc. when fighting Touma physical or supernatural ability means nothing since his fights aren't only limited to "I'm op so you're dead", have you really read the LN?

How are these comparable? In terms of magic, all Tatsuya needs to do is decompose him. Unless things have changed last time I attempted to read that...............yea, unless things have changed, its still the negate magic attacks with his hand? Its simple, dont use magic on that hand, and Tatsuya wins. And decompose isnt some flashy seen attack, you dont see the "magic attack" so theres no way Touma can counter it, the time it takes Tatsuya to activate it is small, and once its activated it takes affect. Done. And dead Touma.

Pure physical competition, Tatsuya wins again. Hands down. So really, how are the comparable? Its clear who wins, and it isn't Touma.

If I had to say out of which Ln I have ever read or attempted to read that uses plot armour the most heavily, it would be Index, and more specifically the mc Touma. So keep it out of this thread. Really.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-18 at 17:24. Reason: Spelling Corrections
Old 2014-03-18, 17:08   Link #11954
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
I tried that, ended up losing interest typing epically long posts, and the arguments always go into a loop with the captain, i was pointing out his arguments to argue against his point towards the end. That being said, if he keeps quoting Erika posts ill try again, and i wont stop this time.
Come think of it I do remember you accepting such a challenge
Spoiler for Ultraviolet X accepting challenges like a BOSS:
Although you may not have gotten through to him, the fact that you even tried left me in amazement.

Spoiler for My thoughts on the Captain:
Old 2014-03-18, 17:12   Link #11955
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Come think of it I do remember you accepting such a challenge Although you may not have gotten through to him, the fact that you even tried left me in amazement.
I had a school essay to do and it kept me away from the thread for 3 days. After completing the essay I just couldn't be bothered typing up long posts, so I dropped it. However, I was at the point I was quoting both his and my posts to argue against his arguments and points.

In the end, you have to admire that resilience of his.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-18 at 17:29.
Old 2014-03-18, 17:15   Link #11956
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
He's kinda been for a while, really, just not intentionally, which is a surprising parallel to Index.

Wouldn't mind having Erika in the main offesive team.
hmmm....never thought of that

Nah it would be surprise if Erika is Tatsuya's right hand;
DemonRight and DivineLeft; which both pertains to you know who....

Quote:
Bunch of Post for TAMNI
Why do we even discuss this?

Anyway men value their logic;but I would gladly defy logic...For my Queen#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-18, 17:40   Link #11957
Chosen_Hero

Red face

[Q=Ultraviolet X;5048650]How are these comparable? In terms of magic, all Tatsuya needs to do is decompose him. Unless things have changed last time I attempted to read that...............yea, unless things have changed, its still the negate magic attacks with his hand? Its simple, dont use magic on that hand, and he wins. And decompose isnt some flashy seen attack, you dont see the "magic attack" so theres no way Touma can counter it, and once its activated it takes affect. Done. And dead Touma.

Pure physical competition, Tatsuya wins again. Hands down. So really, how are the comparable? Its clear who wins, and it isn't Touma.

If I had to say out of which Ln I have ever read or attempted to read that uses plot armour the most heavily, it would be Index, and more specifically the mc Touma. So keep it out of this thread. Really.[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't be able to decompose him, it's already stated his precog is very good against supernatural abilities which IB can negate since it negates and destroys anything supernatural. Also stopping his hand negates the abilities inside said person (when mikoto challenged him and he held her hand).

On physical abilities of course Tatsuya is far stronger, but against Touma has survived worse (Aqua manhandling him, Russia, etc) he's the kind of guy that doesn't give up even when near death (which he has been many times, also Toumas fighting style pits his beliefs against his opponents and seeing as Tatsuya isn't really a "hero" he's more of an anti-hero so it has a big chance to work.

Tslking about plot armor on someone who has the weakest plot armor ever against someone that can regenerate in less than a second, tslk about the pot calling the kettle black, if it bothers you to talk about this then don't answer my post and ignore it, simple.

And this discussion was only to find out peoples thoughts and to see if they could try and analyze a situation to see different outcomes (I personally don't see a winner emerging) but it seems some people don't even want to try then later used the same method to defend their ships, logic seems to die in the internet.
Old 2014-03-18, 17:44   Link #11958
Ultraviolet X

@ chosen Hero: I don't care. I'm not arguing against a character whos only survived and won his fights due to Plot Armour, to the point he is completely reliant on it. This is the Mahou thread, if you want to talk about index go to the index thread.I won't be responding to any index related posts from now on. I'm sorry I even responded in the first place.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-18 at 18:16.
Old 2014-03-18, 17:48   Link #11959
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I head that the manga is getting anime....which studio is animating this? Is it really going to be good or surpassing SAO or it will take the same route as Mahou Sensou anime...
I don't think it can surpass SAO.
SAO is about game, mahouka is about magic.
Old 2014-03-18, 17:54   Link #11960
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
@ chosen Hero: Whatever, I don't care, Im not arguing against a character whos only survived and won his fights due to Plot Armour. Keep that out of this thread. The is the Mahou thread, if you want to talk about index go to the index thread.
And I don't want ti argue against a character who's very existence is his plot armor, discussion dropped. So much seriousness chill out the threads are for discussions if you can't handle it don't be kicking people out, you knoe unless you're an admin.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings