AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-03-17, 20:35   Link #1061
Galaxian

So much already going on in Gaim and we're not even half way through the series yet.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 09:37   Link #1062
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Has anyone notice that the stepping stones that Takatora walked (episode 20, the scene where the three Inves of Helheim appeared) sound like metal boxes, not stones?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 16:22   Link #1063
Frontier

I thought Kouta was pretty darn awesome in this episode. From managing to steal Minato's Cherry Lock Seed, which is pretty impressive considering how skilled she is, to infiltrating Yggdrasil to stop the Scalar System .

And my favorite part of the episode? Gaim finally wounding Zangetsu .

Sure Takatora then took the liberty of, and seemingly enjoying the opportunity to, break Kouta's resolve by revealing the truth about Yuya but still .

Poor Kouta though .

I had an inkling as to what Project Ark entailed, but I wasn't expecting it to also consist of practically committing outright genocide on humanity to reduce the number of Invess. I mean, I get the logic behind it, but still .

More and more, I'm getting the inkling that Kouta and Takatora's relationship is a potential reflection of how Shirou and Kiritsugu Emiya of the Fate franchise would've interacted with one another if they had both been participating in the Grail War .

We have Takatora, a guy who likely once truly believed in justice, but after growing older, and more cynical, and seeing the truth about Helheim, gave up on his ideals and the hope of any better option to save humanity. That's part of the reason he's so fixated on breaking Kouta, because if someone as strong as Takatora couldn't rise above despair and maintain his moral beliefs, then there's no way Kouta can. And if someone as idealistic and adamant about justice can't face such cynical and horrible truths head on, and still maintain a belief in righteousness, then it proves Takatora right. Unfortunately for Takatora, he's never met a true Kamen Rider .

The only thing that stands a chance of stopping the Helheim invasion, preventing Yggdrasil's plans, and saving Zawame is a Kamen Rider. Now all Kouta needs to do is rise above his guilt and continue to fight, and with kachidoki, it looks like he'll finally have the power to really make a difference .
Old 2014-03-22, 22:48   Link #1064
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Judging by what Ryoma said in episode 22... does it mean that so long as someone wears a driver with a lockseed, they won't need to eat or drink? Since he says nutrients and the like are absorbed from the lockseed via the driver? O.o
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 01:53   Link #1065
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Spoiler for Ep 23: Kachidoki Arms debut:
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 02:39   Link #1066
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Judging by what Ryoma said in episode 22... does it mean that so long as someone wears a driver with a lockseed, they won't need to eat or drink? Since he says nutrients and the like are absorbed from the lockseed via the driver? O.o
Its a space suit. Which works even fucking more for my plans than it already has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
He's Gilgamesh. Look at all the things that he has done. Look at the way he wants to make things happen. Look inside your heart and know that it's true. >:3
Old 2014-03-23, 05:09   Link #1067
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think this might be a possibility, if helheim completely invades the earth then none of the current food sources will be safe for normal humans to eat
Old 2014-03-23, 07:41   Link #1068
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2014-03-23, 20:34   Link #1069
GDB

Wow, Kachidori is a freaking tank. Took slashes from the bowblade as if he were merely being shoved, and took an energy shot from it as if he had only been kicked. And Sagara's more than just "in the know" as far as Helheim goes, which is nuts. Yet the future sight Mai look-a-like doesn't entirely seem to know who he is, either (at the very least, she's surprised he knows who she is, which would imply she doesn't know him any better than anyone else she's appeared before). Glad she finally came back, since it's been a while since she showed up.

As for the actual plot, I wonder if Kaito's going to somehow get an Overlord Lock Seed or something. He was already becoming rather insignificant in terms of power due to the energy locks, but now with the overlords and kachidori arms he's falling even further back.

Also... was it just me, or was Kouta totally channeling his inner Touma there? Destroying the world's illusions (rules) and all.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 23:00   Link #1070
PzIVf3

Images
Just posting the sexy uh pretty brothers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-03-24 at 00:29. Reason: Please use either thumbnails or the images tag for large images (imgur DOES offer thumbnail code).
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 23:41   Link #1071
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Posers. Lol!!
Old 2014-03-24, 10:28   Link #1072
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was an AMAZING episode. To think we're not even halfway through the series. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us. Kachidoki arms didn't disappoint. It's pretty overpowered. Will Kouta even need to use the energy locks anymore now that he has this? Cherry is good thanks to the superspeed, but Lemon seems obsolete.

DJ Sagara is a very mysterious character. He's definitely no normal human. My bet is on him being an overlord. By the way, the Overlord Kaito thought against is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, it's obvious he's going to learn to talk at some point. You don't get somebody like Sugita just to mumble gibberish.
Old 2014-03-24, 10:31   Link #1073
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the way, the Overlord Kaito thought against is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, it's obvious he's going to learn to talk at some point. You don't get somebody like Sugita just to mumble gibberish.
So basically... you're saying the true identity of the Woman at the Beginning is Haruhi?
Old 2014-03-24, 19:13   Link #1074
Galaxian

I don't understand... It just doesn't make sense to me...

How is Kachidoki not Gaim's final form?!

By far the coolest mid-season power up in the entire franchise (yes, even better than All Dragon).

Can't wait for its Figuart... So help me god if it ends up being an exclusive...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 20:42   Link #1075
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, first, that form look ugly. A bit better than TV Version Blade King Form (the figure version is much more beautiful), but still ugly. Secondly, the DJ Gun... It's like Faiz Blaster, but not enough power.
Old 2014-03-28, 01:38   Link #1076
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...Fire, I have no idea what your problem is. BATTLE ARMOR LIKE THAT ISN'T MEANT TO LOOK PRETTY. IT'S MEANT TO SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF ENEMIES!

well for the most part it failed in scaring any of them off... except Ryoma.

Where Ryugen took Dandeliner shots and went flying, Kachidoki just walks around wondering what the hell is going on.
Old 2014-03-28, 03:04   Link #1077
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Let's see... The principle of Kamen Rider's armor: Simple is best. The only thing I could tolerate are wings.
Old 2014-03-28, 05:01   Link #1078
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It looks wonderful in motion though. I doubt they were supposed to be so flappy but they r remind me so much of studded leather armor that I don't mind at all.
Old 2014-03-28, 09:07   Link #1079
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Does anyone get the vibe that Helheim (represented by Sagara) is molding Kouta and Kaito into the perfect warriors, and then let them faced each other to determinate the Ruler of Helheim? Just like Black and Shadow Moon.

Also, how many shot could DJ Gun fire before Kouta has to spin the disk? It's not a one-shot musket, that is for sure.
Old 2014-03-28, 11:47   Link #1080
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Also, how many shot could DJ Gun fire before Kouta has to spin the disk? It's not a one-shot musket, that is for sure.
Without rewatching it, there are lights as he spins it. I figure that determines the mode and number of shots when not in "machine gun" mode.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu