Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-15, 16:25   Link #221
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat
even with that Big Elepant thing they have helping them... what's it name again?
Pague ^.^ I just remember it because it sounds so like Ragu the spaghettii sauce o.o;

I'm looking forward to episode 16, maybe we will learn a bit more about Shingo. And may opinion on Howard has just changed a little. He's still a dork, but a dork that I can live with and laugh at the same time. Don't get me wrong he should still die, probably by a venus fly trap XD But now that Howard actually listens and I even cares about others I like him ^^;
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 19:30   Link #222
Seelenfang

But what would the series be without Howard, boring I think, he is a super snob mama boy, but whatever he rules, Shingo sux, he is the one, wants soonest home and is rarely talkin'.
Seelenfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 21:00   Link #223
Firebat
I Love Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelenfang
But what would the series be without Howard, boring I think, he is a super snob mama boy, but whatever he rules, Shingo sux, he is the one, wants soonest home and is rarely talkin'.
Shingo is being a complete git at the moment, I know he wants to get home, but getting angry and bitching isn't going to help anyone anytime soon. Maybe that device they found from the Giant Crab could help them getting the communications equipment back online, seems from what I saw in ep 15 power to run everything is going to be a major problem.

Last edited by Firebat; 2004-02-15 at 22:05.
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 21:13   Link #224
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
currently the most boring character for me is Kaoru... he's just the typical "super cool and super strong and super smart and super handsome and super everything" boy... but then that's just relatively speaking, since this show really have a great cast of characters.
Yah, I wonder though, if Luna is going to talk to him and get him to open up more.. just like she did for Menori. (You know, perhaps more of those insights into their past) Because, we still have over 30 episodes.. and his "always going alone" outlook doesn't seem to be a desirable trait for such a circumstance. Also, he seemed to be touched by Luna's "you have to treat life as a precious thing" comment (can't remember which episode, it was the one where they finally kill the lizard). So, perhaps he will change.

And yah, Shingo.. .well, I'm surprised that none of the others felt the slight bit depressed too (except perhaps for Menori and Luna, because we know that they don't have much of a family to go back to). Shingo, on the otherhand, clearly misses his family (the picture).. Getting angry won't fix anything, as Firebat said, but hey, in such a circumstance.. it would probably be hard not to get frustrated..
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 22:18   Link #225
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat
52 eps, one a week, that's a year isn't it? Man your tread is going to be about for a long time coming, they should really replace the Full Metal Panic forum with this, I can see many disucssions coming up as the series gets more deep.
Hey, I'm all for it if the Mods are. Besides, they need to ditch the FMP and Kimi forums as both of those are finished series and replace it with one for UPS.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 22:35   Link #226
nubby

Man I just watched all the available eps! This anime is totally awesome! Kaoru reminds me of myself and he's the coolest character in the show so I hope he gets with Luna!
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 22:57   Link #227
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I also see small traces of enviromental themes here and there, like how they exhausted their food supplies (fruits, eggs, fish) in a week, I mean, those fruit-bearing plants and birds and fish may have existed on this island for thousands of years, and now 7 humans come, and they are exhausted in a week, talking about destroying ecosystems...

currently the most boring character for me is Kaoru... he's just the typical "super cool and super strong and super smart and super handsome and super everything" boy... but then that's just relatively speaking, since this show really have a great cast of characters.
maybe not a spoiler but i added a spoiler tag anyways.

Spoiler:

He isnt the most boring character, he's the coolest! Without Kaoru, they wouldnt even last more than a year on that planet. Kaoru by himself could survive without any problems. Kaoru is the TRUE SURVIVOR!

Most likely to survive by him or her self in order
Kaoru
Bell
Chako
Luna
Shingo/Howard
Menori
Shaara

Last edited by nubby; 2004-02-15 at 23:11.
Old 2004-02-15, 23:13   Link #228
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I just saw episode 16. Howard as comic relief? Hardly. Just look at the way he acted in episode 16. He's back to his old exasperating self. But apparently he still has somewhat of a heart. Nevertheless, an asshole with a heart is STILL an ASSHOLE. My hatred for him remains.

I concur with nubby. Kaoru is a great guy. Does all the things nubby mentioned with no complaint, by himself. But whatever, I don't expect everyone like Kaoru.

And to finish off my post, a new way to kill Howard!
Have Pague play some soccer using Howard as the ball. The game is over when Howard dies.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 23:29   Link #229
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Ep16

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-16, 00:40   Link #230
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!

Hmmm does anyone notice Menori changed a lot in the last few episodes. She didn't critize anymore and started to care about the feeling of the others.

Spoiler:
144M_HYPERION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 01:02   Link #231
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hey, I think I said Kaoru is the "super cool, super..." kind of character, which makes him boring for me... well, in episode 16 he's much better, as

Spoiler:

Guess I'm just a bit tire of the "All A++ superhuman boyfriend for the girl lead" stereotype...

Hmm... the show could be more interesting if they pair up Luna with Howard instead of Kaoru XD

Oh, of course I want to be like Kaoru too, I mean, who don't want to be a super cool and super handsome superhuman boy with a super cute girlfriend? but that's exactly why he's not as interesting as... say, Howard
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 01:37   Link #232
nubby

Yeah but he's not Mr. Perfect just yet. He's still super lonely and needs a super cute girlfriend such as Luna to warm his heart

I hope they don't get save. I think it would be better if they repopulate Earth or what appears to be Earth. But it doesn't look like that will happen tho because there's too many happy stuff in this anime.

Last edited by nubby; 2004-02-16 at 01:52.
Old 2004-02-16, 02:05   Link #233
Sylvanthious

I don't have much to say here, but I'll say what I've said all along, HOWARD RULES.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 03:40   Link #234
Diedrupo

Quote:
Hmmm does anyone notice Menori changed a lot in the last few episodes. She didn't critize anymore and started to care about the feeling of the others
I would say, except for Luna and Chako, everyone has changed a little or a lot. Even Howard is starting to change a little, but he hasn't quite gotten out of his old ways.
Luna has not changed because she's had no reason to. And Chako is a robot so uh...
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 09:29   Link #235
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
I think that they're going to be found, and Earth or "Earth" will be used as a new colony.

BUT, Menori is the bestest.

Wouldn't Shingo take everyone's yelling in episode 16 sort of mockingly?
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 13:05   Link #236
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I think Howard needs someone who can whip him into shape.

Grifis
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 13:52   Link #237
Firebat
I Love Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
I think Howard needs someone who can whip him into shape.

Grifis
Finshed watching ep 16... all of them shouting out at the sea in the end was cheesy, I had to turn to volume down since it was really annoying! Really I don't think I'd ever find myself using up energy to cry out "Mum and Dad" like a nutter!

Howard went to far in this ep, its a shame since he's been pretty good the last 3 eps or so. But he did see the error of his ways, but the fool really needs to know when to shut up.

Seems Luna going to have some kind of flu in the next ep and Sharla is going to find some kind of flower to help her out, maybe at long last we see a different side to her, less crybaby annoying side that is.

------

Howard Death #55: The kids should cook him and preserve the meat, and simply eat time. Most likely he should be cooked alive for before dinner enterenment!
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 14:45   Link #238
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
Luna gets the token flu, and they must get the token flu cure which is in the token flu flower
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 19:01   Link #239
Niklas

I'm having trouble running WeSuck's subs

I have all the codecs I can imagine (xvid, 3ivx, divx, nimo codec pack...) and tried to run it in Media Player, DivX Player and even (god forbid) Real Player..

Haelp?
Niklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 19:33   Link #240
CelestiaLegends

I didn't think that scene was cheesy at all :P I thought it was really touching. I mean if it was in english I might have to turn it down since other people might hear, but since nobody here knows japanese other than me, it was just touching.

About the codec problems, my advice would be to uninstall all your codecs and get either VLC or ffdshow; but browse through the bittorrent thread and see if you find anything that might help.
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote