AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-14, 11:30   Link #1
Willmatic

Send a message via AIM to Willmatic
Azumanga LIKE anime?

Aything funny like it? Not looking for school girls, echii, or anything like that, just something that will make me laugh. I am watching Midori no Hibi, but is there anything else i can download. PLEASE don't mention anything that is already liscensed... money became an issue after paying tutition.
Old 2004-05-14, 11:36   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmatic
I was telling my friend to look out for Wolf's Rain when it comes out in DVD since i saw the fan sub i feel in love with it. She told me that i should look for the "bootleg" 3DVD sets that are made in China is they dont cut scence, (i.e Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, etc). But when i bought Noir and RahXephon and ESPECICALLY Excel Saga, all form ADVFilm, fan sub vs. liscensed anime, nothing was cut... as far as i know. I have the funsub complete set of Excel and Rah, and i notice no difference.

So which do you guys suggest. Bootleg or Liscensed. I like to get liscensed since the $ goes to the people who made it, but i dont want my animes to be cut in crap.

Which do u guys get?
This shouldn't really need answering but... Licesned!

There is very little now a days that gets edited and cut up, less 4Kids of course. You are right in purchasing the licensed DVDs and ensuring the money goes to the people who made it. Keep purchasing the licensed, legal DVDs.
Old 2004-05-14, 11:38   Link #3
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
I was telling my friend to look out for Wolf's Rain when it comes out in DVD since i saw the fan sub i feel in love with it. She told me that i should look for the "bootleg" 3DVD sets that are made in China is they dont cut scence, (i.e Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, etc). But when i bought Noir and RahXephon and ESPECICALLY Excel Saga, all form ADVFilm, fan sub vs. liscensed anime, nothing was cut... as far as i know. I have the funsub complete set of Excel and Rah, and i notice no difference.

So which do you guys suggest. Bootleg or Liscensed. I like to get liscensed since the $ goes to the people who made it, but i dont want my animes to be cut in crap.

Which do u guys get?
License all the way......support the market.....more money to the creators....more anime to enjoy...
Old 2004-05-14, 11:42   Link #4
gambit13
'...the ragin' cajun...'

Well we can all say it should be liscenced...well I did when I was residing outside the US but now ( I live in the US ), I have a whole diferent prespective.....the prices over here are just outrageous ( in fact here everything is too expensive...), but for me now I'd always get the cheaper version...
Old 2004-05-14, 11:47   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

What the?! You changed the topic. >.<;

Try Sensei no Ojikan, it's the closest thing to an Azumanga Daioh type show at the moment.
Old 2004-05-14, 11:48   Link #6
ShinDragon

Azumanga LIKE anime......
You can try Sensei no Ojikan.

Edit: Mr_Paper posted ahead of me.
Old 2004-05-14, 16:25   Link #7
Laguna
Aikidoka

Quote:
Aything funny like it? Not looking for school girls, echii, or anything like that, just something that will make me laugh. I am watching Midori no Hibi, but is there anything else i can download. PLEASE don't mention anything that is already liscensed... money became an issue after paying tutition.
Sagikage! cromartie high (or something like that). This is definately what your looking for, if you liked azumanga daioh.
Old 2004-05-14, 17:30   Link #8
Secca
nya`
*Artist

They already mentioned the good stuffs up there, you might want to check out the manga Yotsubato! too, It's done by the same person who did Azumanga. It's funny stuffs. ^^
Old 2004-05-14, 20:39   Link #9
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Fruits Basket is a lot like Azumanga Daioh, imo.

both have made my super-watch-again-any-time-cheer-me-up anime list.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Closed Thread