AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 18:18   Link #261
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Oh god , the ending was great
They were cute together , specially the kiss part !!! "one more" XD
They didn't run away and accept it .
Yasuko was cute too when she was crying with the grandparents
Like i though inko-chan definitely said his name (her ?) ^^
Kitamura will study in America , i think more for to retrieve his belove one
Ouch it hurts Kushieda's slap XD
Ahah , Ryuki knew she was in the locker ^^
I like this ending .

Anime = 9/10
Old 2009-03-26, 18:19   Link #262
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
for whatever reason I'm confused on what a shipper is, but it might just be me being sleepy.

are they those crazies that have been complaining about the show not being ryuujiX(not taiga) and crap like that?

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-26, 18:20   Link #263
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
for whatever reason I'm confused on what a shipper is, but it might just be me being sleepy.

are they those crazies that have been complaining about the show not being ryuujiX(not taiga) and crap like that?
In a word, yes.
Old 2009-03-26, 18:23   Link #264
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
In a word, yes.
I see....
well then to hell with them for ruining a great show for themselves because they didn't realize this show was taigaxryuuji since the opening of episode one.

I'm debating whether i should take a nap, or watch the series again...

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-26, 18:27   Link #265
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

An oav will be welcome ^^
Old 2009-03-26, 18:33   Link #266
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wow.. awesome episode and awesome series. I was a little taken back when Taiga didn't show up for dinner but she left with a good reason and messaged everyone too. I was a little surprised how a whole year went by until Ryuji and Taiga saw each other again but it was a great ending.

Old 2009-03-26, 18:34   Link #267
Janifuu
緩和

The usual troupers with their 1/10 poll rating votes... I can't help but laugh at their turmoil.
Old 2009-03-26, 18:43   Link #268
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
I think I'll, personally, give it a week before (another) rewatch, to sorta let it sink it a bit. Although it could be because a) I'm really out of it this week since I think I caught a cold Monday and b) I have a huge backlog, and while I was still watching, Toradora! tended to dominate my thoughts...

Although the suspense was killer, I gotta say I'm glad I watched most of this show at weekly intervals. Especially towards the end, there was a lot to think about for each ep. Although I guess I should save this for when the overall impressions thread goes up...
Old 2009-03-26, 18:55   Link #269
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Surprisingly, while I did think they might not pull off such a sweet ending, they did end up doing so and hence I have to give this episode two thumbs up by the looks of it.

I don't have any complaints with this episode at all (other than the fact that poor Yatsuko's pride was smashed in front of the kids, talk about losing face, and that Minorin once again did something ridiculous like smashing Ryuuji in the jaw...) and it ended in an overall high. It has been a while since I've seen such a solid end to a romance series like this one, so scenes like the kissing one was really something fresh.

Not to mention the way the message of growth came across by the simple image of the night sky and a shining star, it was all really nicely done.

While the previous episodes didn't do much for me in terms of feeling sympathetic, this single episode turned out to be a high overall and I am pleased that it ended in such a solid way. God bless the amazing use of the ED song too to blend in the timeskip.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-03-26, 18:57   Link #270
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Just saw the final episode. the episode has a moral about friends and family, and put the romance like a cherry on the top gave it a perfect 10/10. I'll miss this show.
Old 2009-03-26, 19:00   Link #271
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
I see....
well then to hell with them for ruining a great show for themselves because they didn't realize this show was taigaxryuuji since the opening of episode one.

Shipping is sorta of just the person wanting this pair to work out and etc. Like RyuujixAmi. People will defend that pair and hope it happens.

There's shipping in EVERY show. Always is.
Old 2009-03-26, 19:01   Link #272
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Christ, a show finally does affection right for once. The bit with them kissing was so touching and warm, easily one of my most favorable scenes in a romantic show (hell any show). Things like that do wonders for a show and its characters.

I'm sad to see it go. Really sad, but I'll never forget it~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-03-26, 19:55   Link #273
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
other than the fact that poor Yatsuko's pride was smashed in front of the kids, talk about losing face...
Well, Yasuko was never really a 「長輩」* figure to begin with. Just as Taiga says, Yasuko is still like a child. I always felt her relationship with the "kids" was closer to that of an elder sister than a mother... I mean, for goodness sake, her own son calls her "Yasuko" . I'm not denying that she has a very maternal side (episodes 22~24 are more than proof of that), but elder sisters can act in a maternal way too.

(* I don't really know how to translate this into English or Japanese... basically, someone of a generation above yours. "Elder" might be the closest English word, but not quite the same.)
Old 2009-03-26, 20:03   Link #274
zigzagzap

I finally watched the sub version It was great T_T
One thing I didn't really understand was what they meant by "This is how it's created"
What are they referring to?

EDIT: OHHH TY I feel like an idiot now =.=

Last edited by zigzagzap; 2009-03-26 at 20:10. Reason: TY
Old 2009-03-26, 20:09   Link #275
Tango337

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagzap View Post
"This is how it's created"
What are they referring to?
The eternal love they share.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:13   Link #276
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Well, Yasuko was never really a 「長輩」* figure to begin with. Just as Taiga says, Yasuko is still like a child. I always felt her relationship with the "kids" was closer to that of an elder sister than a mother... I mean, for goodness sake, her own son calls her "Yasuko" . I'm not denying that she has a very maternal side (episodes 22~24 are more than proof of that), but elder sisters can act in a maternal way too.

(* I don't really know how to translate this into English or Japanese... basically, someone of a generation above yours. "Elder" might be the closest English word, but not quite the same.)
"Adult figure" will mean just right.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:57   Link #277
t3htr0LL
Banned

I dunno but the kiss scene was no where near as good as Zero no Tsukaima Second Season. In the finale
Spoiler for Big SPoiler:
basically that one scene in ZNT2 was probably one of the better JC lovey lovey moments, and whole marriage thing was outplayed by saito atleast in terms of heart warming feelings.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:14   Link #278
mrboldy

wow i never expected ryuuji to be so bold lols he just kissed taiga like nothing. I like that (not like some show where the main character try to kiss a girl and ends up failing because of something stupid)
Old 2009-03-26, 21:30   Link #279
Texas84
よろしく

Awesome ending. I didn't like or understand the separation until I read this thread, so, in my own little world, they were in contact during that time. I always feel like I'm losing friends when these things end.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:36   Link #280
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If I were in a fouler mood, I'd go visit the series many of the "1" voters think so highly of. Most of those series I find pathetic so it'd be easy to cast a slew of "1" votes. But since I don't participate in those threads, it just seems more civil not to do that and frankly it would just make me look foolish (as they do here).

Quote:
I dunno but the kiss scene was no where near as good as Zero no Tsukaima Second Season.
I guess that scene in ZnT2 lacked much impact for me because most of the series didn't really evolve the characters to the point where it was powerful. Even fans of the ZnT books didn't seem to be happy with the flat un-evolving characterizations of the two leads in the anime.
In the case of Toradora, people who followed the *evolution* of Ryuuji and Taiga's relationship and personalities got a really good feeling out of the animated kisses (4 of them).
However, I surely grant that "best" is subjective -- but the RxT scene is pretty clearly one of the *better* romantic kiss scenes we've seen in a while.